[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - AC soft cap

AC soft cap

General Discussion for the EverQuest Shaman.

Moderator: Shaman Mods

AC soft cap

Postby Burrlee » Sat Sep 10, 2005 7:15 am

Burrlee

Postby Retron » Sat Sep 10, 2005 8:08 am

Retron

Server: Antonius Bayle (ex-VS)

Shaman Main
Beastlord - Alt/Box

Postby gurgul » Sat Sep 10, 2005 9:43 am

gurgul

Postby Retron » Sat Sep 10, 2005 10:15 am

Retron

Shaman Main
Beastlord - Alt/Box

Postby Scowls » Sat Sep 10, 2005 11:39 am

ac is minor nowdays, defensive aa, shielding and avoidance, as well as dodge 3 do 50 times what ac does for us

Scowls

Veteran -

Server: Prexus (TerrisThule)

Postby Kozul » Sat Sep 10, 2005 11:49 am

/agree with scowls

I know not too long ago, AC seemed to be the way to go, at least for Warriors, and that since has changed, but I was never concerned with AC on items personally, least not in the past year or 2, I never seemed to notice much difference, and most seemed to believe our soft cap was ~1300, and since I was beyond that, I was strictly HP/focus prioritized.

In my opinion, I still think HP/focus is the way to prioritize gear upgrades at just about any level of play for shaman, but everyone has their own preferences and formula they use when determing the value of AC vs HP.

Firiona Vie
Kozul

Postby siludorf » Sat Sep 10, 2005 12:37 pm

From my understanding,.. AC is actually a combination of 2 numbers, one is avoidance and the other is how much damage you take.

What defensive AA do is raise the caps for those 2 AC.

For example, if your displayed AC is 800, you tank just as good as another shaman with 800AC and Lightning Reflex Mastery 5.

The defensive AA's ONLY raise the caps from my understanding, there may be some additional +avoidace or +shielding they add, but I have never heard of that.

I would still prioritize hp/focus unless you have really low AC. I would also put an AC aug in the shield no matter what. In the end, it may not look good for your magelo but it'll be good in real use =b
A high end Cleric or Druid won't get 1 rounded by a 10k damage, one day shaman can say the same =/
siludorf

Server: The Tribunal

Postby Samanna » Sat Sep 10, 2005 12:46 pm

I'd love to have AC and avoidance/mitigation info to add to http://samanna.net/gen.info/effects.shtml

I think there were lots of relevant posts on the old forums, but I don't recall anything conclusive or generally agreed to.
Samanna

Veteran -----

Server: Prexus

Shaman Main

Postby Retron » Sat Sep 10, 2005 1:23 pm

Retron

Shaman Main
Beastlord - Alt/Box

Return to Heyokah's Lodge