[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Evil stuff you've done (or heard about being done)

Evil stuff you've done (or heard about being done)

General Discussion for the EverQuest Shaman.

Moderator: Shaman Mods

Evil stuff you've done (or heard about being done)

Postby Kunloa » Fri Aug 26, 2005 2:23 am

Kunloa

Postby mrfix186 » Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:46 am

Done that with enchanter + druid ... newb mobs insta killing newbies who attack them from the DS ;o

One thing you used to be able to do is push people who were sitting with leveitation on.
You would sit next to them... and as they went down in the cycle they would move slightly.
well.. a newb was sitting next to the Hole in Evil erud area with Levi... took me 5 mins to get him to self push off into the hole :twisted:
Also did this to people who went Afk in Air side of Bot... but they fixed that gah a year ago ;/

Then there is/was our snare/hot's... before they fixed them heh ;o Druid anoying you? Send him a heal while kitting
:twisted:
Also have used my enchanter to Charm mobs in Plane of fire.. and give them Mr buffs and Mr items from bazaar. druid get wtf Pwned when they try to snare/root.

:twisted:
mrfix186

Postby Scowls » Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:56 am

was best during ldon outside freeport, near the tak camp. newbies would xp there because they could score buffs easier. charmed many armadillos and buffed them with all i had.

healing puller on inc with stoism..."I was trying to help you, its a HEAL!!", but its also a snare.
annuling group members for hours in xp group and telling them that it was the mobs doing it.

before i was a shaman, i had a wizzy, and i XP'd/farmed Giants in the fort of burningwoods...andyways there was a shamn there soloing and me, i pulle to one side he pulled to another, but he didnt like that i pulled 4 at a time (qauding). i guess he thought i was taking too many, but quding costs mana and back then there wasnt alot of it, and i med'd alot more than pulled. well he would wait till i rounded them up nice and tight, snared them all...then he would come up and blind them, and they wold run off one at a time in a straight line, instead of following me...really dont help to ae nuke mobs that are spread out everywhere. I did get him back though, i would run my barely agrod mobs thru his kills, and they would gang bang him 5-1

Scowls

Veteran -

Server: Prexus (TerrisThule)

Postby Ughbash » Fri Aug 26, 2005 8:01 am

Tunares' Froggie Shaman,
Hipitey Hop [Watchkeepers]
Ughbash

Veteran --

Server: tunare

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Ginormus » Fri Aug 26, 2005 8:18 am

<center><a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=37762 "target="_blanc">Ginormus Sakapus</a></center>
Ginormus

Server: AB

Postby Fudapuda » Fri Aug 26, 2005 8:49 am

Fudapuda

Postby OMGcookiecrisp » Fri Aug 26, 2005 8:58 am

69 Nameless
OMGcookiecrisp

Postby Chutoi » Fri Aug 26, 2005 9:10 am

Chutoi Doglsobber
70 Shaman of Sol Invictus
The Tribunal
Chutoi

Postby Aruman » Fri Aug 26, 2005 9:26 am

Cestus Dei
Veeshan(Luclin)
Aruman

Server: Veeshan(Luclin)

Shaman Main

Postby Vork » Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:38 am

A delicacy in Cabilis!
Vork

Server: Tribunal

Postby Jaeydee » Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:06 am

Lady Jaeydee Druu
75 shaman of Sol Invictus
Tribunal Server
Jaeydee

Server: The Tribunal

Postby Cabe » Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:22 am

Well in my first years of EQ i was a monk. I didn't mind training people that wronged me.

I guess the worst thing i have done though was during a heated fight over AoW, just after luclin release, so he had just started dying not too long before. My guild and the #1 guild on the server both in kael. We were #2 and they where constantly trying to cockblock. We were there first forming up, we already killed statue and were fixing to pull the idol. We prefered killing at EW zone line. well, they zoned in and all headed strait for the arena. So being the elder monk of the bunch that showed up, i went to look. Sure enough they were fixing to pull idol. I informed the guild what they were doing and everyone wanted it pulled right away. By the time i got a target from above the arena and ran around to pull through the wall, one of thier monks was hauling off with him. Well, he may have had first aggro, but i felt we had been there first, since we started the cycle. And the guild was roaring for me to grab him. So i peeled him off the other monk, before he knew what happned i was halfway to EW. Man i wish i could have seen his face when he was yelling inc, got to camp, turned around and there was nothing there...ROFL.
We killed AoW that day with alot of quick thinking and dirty fighting from our monk pull team( yes those used to actually exsist ). That day makes me miss being a monk, and miss server competition all at the same time.
BTW a GM was summoned and agreed it was our kill. He even DT'ed some of thier members while trying to train our AoW fight lol.

The other mean thing i can think of non-guild related is when a nub asks you for some money. Just say," sure i can help, just type /d for donate. " I remember someone falling for that in qeynos hills along time ago. It was the funniest thing because when he did it he relized what happened and started to run. I flying kicked him in the back of the head and he went unconcious, but not dead.....hahaha. I would wait till he stood up and take another swipe, was able to do it 3 or 4 times before i actually killed him..LOL Good times.

Cabe

Server: AB

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby snowfoot » Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:29 am

Heh oh the memories and laughs I have from too many years of EQ.

1. Use to charm/buff bears in WC. Buddy cleric would add his buffs too. I would then release the upgraded bear into the fields. Fun to watch ooc as people were screaming for help and groups would get mowed down by the bear. Cruel I know but I also would load a nice item on the bear though so when killed the group would think it was a rare spawn. Heh still chuckle over that evil that was.

2. Ulthork Tunic...-35 hps, +35 mana. Great leather tunic to give beggars who never really looked at gear. Be sitting in EC (miss those auctions there but bazaar > all) tunnel and get some random newb beggar. I would joy hand over that tunic to the level 1 and *bam* dead (this was before they fixed -hp items not to kill you). Newb run back, put on tunic...*bam* dead...always took a few tries before newb learned his lesson. That would have everyone in the area laughing. Heh I remember posting that tactic on the old shaman boards a couple years back and know some others followed suit.

3. Get beggars in WFP (again before POK/Bazaar time) to meet me in arena to get coin/items. Beggar steps into arena..1 root then I would dot him slowly into death. A few would try to LD out but the dots would be on when coming back so death happened regardless. Did I mention I cannot stand beggars?
70 Shaman
Tribunal (formerly Ayonae Ro)
Back again for 3rd time..damn addiction!
Proud Member of the Twink Brigade!
Guild: Lost Fires (wheee we are in Time!)
snowfoot

Postby Lickity » Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:30 am

Played a friend's Necromancer once. Got tired of having people send me tells for ports, so I'd send them a confirmation for a Sacrifice, works pretty close to 50% of the time /shrug.

Looking back, its probably a harsh lesson, but I was never /role or /anon, and it might encourage them to read before clicking.
Lickity

Server: Kane Bayle Refugee (Prexus)

Shaman Main
Bard - Alt/Box

Postby Scowls » Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:13 pm

Scowls

Veteran -

Server: Prexus (TerrisThule)

Postby Kunloa » Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:14 pm

Last edited by Kunloa on Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kunloa

Postby Vork » Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:15 pm

Vork

Server: Tribunal

Postby Srab » Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:42 pm

"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate." Zapp Brannigan
Srab

Server: Erollisi Marr

Postby Dasha » Fri Aug 26, 2005 2:03 pm

Proud member of
da Everlovin' Shaman of Povar
Dasha

Server: Povar

Postby Kozul » Fri Aug 26, 2005 2:17 pm

Firiona Vie
Kozul

Postby Ungkor » Fri Aug 26, 2005 2:54 pm

Ungkor

Postby Redribbit » Fri Aug 26, 2005 3:09 pm

Redribbit

Server: Povar

Postby Samanna » Fri Aug 26, 2005 3:18 pm

Last edited by Samanna on Fri Aug 26, 2005 4:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Samanna

Veteran -----

Server: Prexus

Shaman Main

Postby Lemy » Fri Aug 26, 2005 3:36 pm

Lemy

Server: The Nameless

Shaman Main

Postby Jerus » Fri Aug 26, 2005 4:17 pm

Jerus

Server: Bertox

Postby Rieve » Fri Aug 26, 2005 4:22 pm

~Deal justly and all will be well~
Rieve

Server: Bertoxx

Postby Gloriana » Fri Aug 26, 2005 4:31 pm

I bring you gold and silver moons,
And diamond stars, and mists that float.
Gloriana

Server: Erollisi Marr

Postby Jerus » Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:37 pm

Jerus

Server: Bertox

Postby veeshanMurtak » Fri Aug 26, 2005 9:21 pm

I was not involved in this, but I got a couple of weeks worth of enjoyment from the ensuing flame thread. Anyways, this is what happened ...

Go way way back in time. Imagine a freshly retouched Cazic Thule. Not the zone, not the PoP god, but the one sitting back in Plane of Fear. Now, at the time his loot was pretty amazing, so he was a prime raid target. So what do you need to screw over a rival guild?
- An iksar necromancer, though I guess any FD class would do.
- A weapon that procs dispel on the user.
- A weapon that procs haste on the user.

Then you just feign next to the boss man, hand him the weapons and get the hell out of there (or, ideally, feign in a corner of the zone to watch the ensuing chaos). Some time later the rival guild zones in. They proceed to clear the zone, predebuff Cazic and pull him. Hi there, my name is Cazic Thule and I am just going to get rid of all those debuffs on myself and get a little haste and gib your main tank, ok? Good. And then I will wipe your raid. And so he did.

I can not be sure of what happened in that guild's /gu but I assume it was some variation on When the heck did they buff him? I dunno. Are you sure your debuffs landed? Pretty sure, yeah. Did anyone dispel him? Oh well, let's try again. And so they did. For quite a while. And thus Mecha-Cazic was born. That incident was still getting dragged up years later. I believe the necro did get suspended for it, but slow did not get disease counters added until shortly after the victim guild dispelled a couple of slows on King Tormax. Coincidence? I think not!

Veeshan used to be pretty head in that regard for a coupel of years - say early Kunark to late Luclin. From training Trakanon on raids, to steamrollings of virtually every raid target known to mankind, to blatant killstealing, to the every fun Ragefire debates .... the boards used to erupt in flames on a weekly basis. Fun reading, though probably a little stressful for those who were involved.
veeshanMurtak

Postby Tineren » Fri Aug 26, 2005 9:23 pm

Once upon a time, I was a monk twink xping in PC in the low teens with my brother. We were pulling a tunnel with mushrooms and bugs. The second tunnel seemed to be camped by someone, so we left those mobs alone. After a while, I noticed that the the other mobs were not being killed anymore, though there was still a player down there. So eventually I pulled 1, then when he didn't say anything, I pulled some more. Figured he was just afk for a bit, so I would get some xp of the mobs he wasn't killing. Thats when I noticed that /who showed him a level higher than he had been. Yet he still hadn't moved. So now I went over to see what was going on. As I got close.. I got the everyone's favorite bard spam.. so and so tries to cast a spell on you but you are protected. Soon enough.. a mushroom spawns, and immediatly aggros on the bard.. but suprise suprise.. the mushroom can't seem to path to him. So it just stands there while the bard's song kills it. Well, this doesn't seem fair at alll to us, so the next time one spawns, we KS the bard. The bard is still just standing there, and we decide he has probably gone to bed for the night, and expects to wake up 4-5 levels higher. After stealing a few more of his mobs, I decide to test something. The next mushroom that spawns, we position ourselves opposite the bard, and do our best to melee push it up towards its AFK oppressor. At about 20% life, we back off, and are overjoyed to see it turn and start beating on the bard (seems he hadn't been getting many skill ups on defense). It took one more mushroom, but we were successful in helping the poor mushrooms work out their frustrations, and send their oppressor back to the soulbinder in PoK. The icing on the cake was that since he was standing on a sloped wall, his corpse was hidden inside it, so he might have had some difficulty finding it later. He was still in PoK 4 hours later when the servers came down for a patch, so he wasn't able to rez any of his ill gotten xp back.
Tineren

Server: Prexus

Postby Macnair » Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:48 pm

Macnair

Server: Vazaelle (Maelin Starshine)

Shaman Main
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby KB » Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:52 pm

KB

Server: Nameless/Inny

Postby Brohg » Sat Aug 27, 2005 2:33 am

Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Veril » Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:11 am

Veril

Veteran -

Server: Antonius Bayle

Shaman Main
Magician - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Naagruz » Sun Aug 28, 2005 11:53 pm

Naagruz, Retired Frikkin Troll Shaman of Xegony
<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=449978">Doing less with more mana since 99'
Naagruz

Postby Kambree » Mon Aug 29, 2005 1:01 am

Not sure if this is really evil, but funny to share either way... I did this once in my old guild a loooong time ago:

We were on a raid in PoFire ages ago, and someone ran off to pull Fennin Ro... I quickly did a /who guild... okay, 40something people. I then said in our "raid spam talk" channel: "Oh my god, you guys. I just discovered the greatest thing! If you type /ex, you see the experience you get per kill right in your chatbox." Then I /who'd again. 12 people, including the MT and one very pissed off raid leader. I was playing a cleric at the time and was the only one left in the healer channel. =X

**Edit: Also, since we were talking about using levitate in *bad* ways, here's the link of something REALLY funny (with pics!) that happened to a bazaar mule overpricing his junk: ! Enjoy**

Shamalicious Slower of
Kambree

Server: Luclin

Postby Lickity » Mon Aug 29, 2005 6:53 am

Lickity

Server: Kane Bayle Refugee (Prexus)

Shaman Main
Bard - Alt/Box

Postby Kambree » Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:35 am

Kambree

Server: Luclin

Postby veeshanMurtak » Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:42 am