[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Solo or small group spell advice

Solo or small group spell advice

General Discussion for the EverQuest Shaman.

Moderator: Shaman Mods

Solo or small group spell advice

Postby Landragoran Heronwing » Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:33 am

Landragoran Heronwing

Postby Vigdis » Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:27 am

Vigdis

Server: Formerly Vallon Zek, now known as Vigdisdottir on Antonius

Shaman Main

Postby xilly » Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:56 am

[80 Spiritwatcher (Shaman)] (Froglok)

xilly

Server: Cazic-Thule (Brell Serilis)

Shaman Main
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby canzan » Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:27 am

canzan

Server: stromm

Postby xilly » Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:13 pm

xilly

Shaman Main
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Samanna » Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:13 pm

Samanna

Veteran -----

Server: Prexus

Shaman Main

Postby Vigdis » Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:24 pm

Vigdis

Server: Formerly Vallon Zek, now known as Vigdisdottir on Antonius

Shaman Main

Postby Fudapuda » Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:12 pm

Fudapuda

Postby Unmei » Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:45 pm

Unmei

Veteran --

Server: 7th Hammer

Enchanter Main

Postby Predicus » Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:42 pm

javascript:viewProfile(612688)
javascript:viewProfile(1344382)
Predicus

Postby Ughbash » Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:45 am

Tunares' Froggie Shaman,
Hipitey Hop [Watchkeepers]
Ughbash

Veteran --

Server: tunare

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:14 pm

7th isn't tricker, it just casts Chaotica so most folks don't pull him.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby xilly » Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:51 pm

xilly

Shaman Main
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Kiru » Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:57 am

Kiru

Server: Stromm

Shaman Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Druid - Alt/Box

Postby Landragoran Heronwing » Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:45 am

Thanks all for the great advice. I am still feeling a bit overwhelmed by all the new content, and a bit forgetful about the old stuff. It's been a long time. I've gotten all my 66-67, and half of the 68 spells. A friend from the old days gave me the Blood of Yoppa. I'm now 69, and working to get to 70. I have my nine AA's saved for the shaman rez.
Man I do hate my forced playtimes. Perhaps sometime it will change.
Any more small group ideas for gathering spells? To give an idea of my abilities, I was able to duo Shadowhunter in WoS with a nicely equipped 76 beastlord. We tore him up when it was me and a 80 warrior. Wasn't even hard. I can heal enough to do WoS named with a 66 shadowknight with 7k hps and no AA's and a 58 rogue helping. Although I am sorely missing my lvl 68 heal. It's two runes from me and I NEED it OMG!
Landragoran Heronwing

Postby Unmei » Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:06 pm

Unmei

Veteran --

Enchanter Main

Postby xilly » Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:03 pm

xilly

Shaman Main
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Landragoran Heronwing » Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:52 pm

Since I play alone a lot, in the morning, and it's hard to get good help sometimes, I often hit up the old PoFire guards for easy xp. Since they do not summon, and range in level from about 67-69, they provide good fodder for my DoT root/rot method. I can get some really good xp there. But it's getting boring for one, and for two I just dinged 71 and am wondering how much longer those will stay blue. Are there other non-summoning mobs in the high level game that will substitute? My gear is plane of time, not so special and unable to tank even a wall of slaughter mob without me taking way too much damage. I doubt I could actually solo one of those, even though they are light blue. I do have the basic damage avoidance/mitigation AA's (10% to each) but that even isn't helping enough.
I need more non-summoning mobs for xp solo work. Any ideas? Surely they must be out there.
Landragoran Heronwing

Postby Cronikk » Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:29 am

I ground out xp doing the wolves in Icefall (the tougher ones up near Valde), efreeti in Atiiki (lords for preference, as they're non-casters) and dangol goblins / were-orcs / minotaurs in Loping. All root-rot quite nicely.
Cronikk

Server: The Magnificent 7th

Shaman Main
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Veril » Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:30 am

At level 71 I would goto Icefall and grind out wolves/bears/mammoths.
At level 71 I would goto Direwind Cliffs and kill the roots of the black oak.

On balance I would skip all the TBS and Katta Castellium gear and spells. Aim for getting 75 and then buying (or looting) the alloy linked stuff and the spells from SoF.
Veril

Veteran -

Server: Antonius Bayle

Shaman Main
Magician - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Cronikk » Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:52 am

If you do decide to grind in Atiiki, check out the spectre illusion mask quest. Easy to complete (assuming the RNG loves you) whilst grinding xp. And clickies are fun, right?
Cronikk

Server: The Magnificent 7th

Shaman Main
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Eirgorn » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:25 am

I would say go to Valde pit and kill all the oozes and spiders even with or west of Frostcrypt. Anything to the East of FC will summon.

These mobs have ~70k hps which is less than the Icefall mobs, are usually well spaced and there are about a dozen to kill before respawn. They oozes are social with each other, but have relatively small aggro ranges and the spiders are aggressive. There is only one roamer that covers most of the West Pit, and then another to the north of FC that only paths in a small area.

Im bored so I'll make a drawing!
* Just drew this at work based off my memory of hunting there pre-SoF. Should be close though
** All X's can spawn as either a spider(73-76) or ooze(72-74).

Now for the two downsides to hunting here:

1) Sometimes when you arrive a few oozes are in social range of each other. You can either avoid these or use VP and zoning into FC to split them - or just kill two at the same time if you VP one and root other.

2) Respawns.... are very odd. Whenever a ooze respawns, they will automatically move to where you are standing and sit on you for about a minute before going back to thier spawn location. Due to this , when its close to respawn time you should always stay social range width away from any ooze you are killing and make sure to VP them towards the walls to make sure the respawns dont aggro you while pathing to sit on you. Dont get scared though - they are harmless if you know what you're doing, it's just odd.

Bonus!!! You can get the zonewide rare - nice AC aug (I had 4 drop there over the course of 7 levels and a couple hundred aa - one for me, one for a guildie, one for my SK box and one for a lucky passerby) and also a nice shoulder item

Hope that helps!!!

Yes.... I like GRRMartin and Im not too creative =D
Eirgorn

Server: Bristlebane

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box

Postby Unmei » Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:31 am

Unmei

Veteran --

Enchanter Main

Postby Eirgorn » Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:21 am