[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Brand new, super exciting AA feedback requested-2008 version

Brand new, super exciting AA feedback requested-2008 version

General Discussion for the EverQuest Shaman.

Moderator: Shaman Mods

Brand new, super exciting AA feedback requested-2008 version

Postby WaringMcMarrin » Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:48 pm

WaringMcMarrin

Veteran -

Server: The Tribunal(Ayonae Ro)

Shaman Main
Monk - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Retron » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:35 am

Pretty much the standard stuff for me:

General: More avoidance, mitigation, HPs.
Archetype: Increased crit rates (HoT/heals/nukes), increased crit multipliers (nukes, possibly heals too?) Fluff: would like to see a pet crit AA (having had ours yanked in Gates, it'd boost DPS on Spirit Call too)
Class: More HPs/mana on Pact, new ranks of Spirit Call (having pets at the level cap is *great*), new Canni, reduce reuse timer on VP or greater inbuilt resist mod for VP, Malis as an AA (following on from slow and invis). Reducing the invis AA cast to instant would be handy too! Oh, more DoT crit AAs (both crit rate and crit multiplier - 2.5K DoT ticks as a non-raider are *fun*)
Retron

Server: Antonius Bayle (ex-VS)

Shaman Main
Beastlord - Alt/Box

summon blocker

Postby SBBD » Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:24 am

I would like to see an AA skill that give us the ability to not be summoned by mobs,it doesnt have to last long 30 seconds or a minute.
SBBD

Shaman Main
Berserker - Alt/Box
Rogue - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:14 am

Doesn't have to last long to be way abusable for unjustifiable nonsense?
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:18 am

I would prefer being a bear to werewolf, if I'm compelled to be in an illusion all the time. I'd like an AA to make my werewolf AA make me look like a bear instead, without additional buff slots.

Actually, I'd rather just not have to be in an illusion at all. If it's okay for shm to just get 400hp & mana for 9aa, I'd like to just have the hp & mana for 9aa and not have to be a silly werewolf...
Brohg

Veteran ----

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby haxot » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:31 am

hmmm how's about something that increases the base effecicy of our focuses?

right now a 65% heal focus could add 1%, up to 65%
I'd like to see an AA that guarunteed a % of our focus would always be used.
say guarunteed 10% of the focus would be used.
So 30% heal focus would always have a base increase of 3% (on the apropriate leveled spells)
And a 65% would always have a base increase of 6.5% (on the apropriate leveled spells)

Also, I want a 12 second recast AA (small) canni on a seperate timer from the 3 minute big canni.
I want my gdamn spell slot back!
Pain, the only true product of your labours
ImageImage
haxot

Server: Tunare(Eci my old home how I miss it)

Postby Brohg » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:40 am

I want further ranks of Innate stats. Specifically Charisma. I'd totally buy 10 or whatever more ranks of Hyper Innate Cha to have "best price" buying soulstones naked without buffing myself.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:42 am

I'd like "/pet attack only that guy and then go back to just sitting there, damnit" as the next rank of Pet Control AA.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Macnair » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:17 am

Macnair

Server: Vazaelle (Maelin Starshine)

Shaman Main
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby Ughbash » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:47 am

Tunares' Froggie Shaman,
Hipitey Hop [Watchkeepers]
Ughbash

Veteran --

Server: tunare

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Veril » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:48 am

Veril

Veteran -

Server: Antonius Bayle

Shaman Main
Magician - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Dakota » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:00 am

More ranks of Turgur's Swarm. Higher ranks increase the resist mod, so at the final rank the resist mod is the same as Balance of Discord.

AAs that increase the bottom line of focus effects, but not the top line. (IE AAs that turn a 1-65% heal focus into a 10-65%, or 20-65%, or what have you)

Pet crit AAs, like the ones we almost got in GoD but were yanked.

Crit multiplier for Heals and HoTs (Crits go from 2x to 2.5x or what have you)

Rework the "Healing Ward" lines to make them worthwhile (75-100 hp per tick per rank sounds good)

On the whole though, I think AAs are pretty good for us right now. Most of our key lines got upgrades in SoF, including lines that haven't seen an upgrade since PoP. My only beef with them is I think the cost has been overinflated solely for the purpose of "Well, this expansion has to last a year, gotta give them something to do", but as for the AAs themselves, I think they're pretty good, as long as they keep advancing with further expansions.
Dakota

Shaman Main
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby xilly » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:04 am

[80 Spiritwatcher (Shaman)] (Froglok)

xilly

Server: Cazic-Thule (Brell Serilis)

Shaman Main
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Ginormus » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:52 pm

<center><a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=37762 "target="_blanc">Ginormus Sakapus</a></center>
Ginormus

Server: AB

Postby Samanna » Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:09 pm

If Necros can now drop the illusion and keep the lich, no reason for us to not be able to drop the werewolf and keep the stats.
Samanna

Veteran -----

Server: Prexus

Shaman Main

Postby Kinadorm » Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:35 pm

I like the werewolf illusion and would rather it not be split into 2 separate buffs. I would like to see new werewolf forms added such as a white werewolf and the brown/orange werewolf. Maybe even add a new bear form that has unlimited duration instead of 5 mins.

I would also like to see some AA's that do damage such as an AA DoT or new AA pet that can be used in addition to Spirit Call. Something that when things are coming down to the wire I can dish out a little extra damage.

I don't know if they want to go this route but AA's that mimic focus effects such as detrimental extension, detrimental haste, extended range, etc.

As a convenience, the ability to have a second bind point should be added to all classes with gate.

With the introductions of all the new mounts I would like to see a special AA mount either based on race or class for everyone. Not sure if this should be done through an AA or some long quest.
Kinadorm

Shaman Main
Rogue - Alt/Box
Bard - Alt/Box

Postby Retron » Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:36 pm

Retron

Server: Antonius Bayle (ex-VS)

Shaman Main
Beastlord - Alt/Box

Postby Unmei » Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:47 pm

Unmei

Veteran --

Server: 7th Hammer

Enchanter Main

Postby Maccuul » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:54 pm

The aa I want to see most atm:

Detrimental Duration AA
Detrimental Haste AA (Failing that an AA to speeds the cast time of Malis lines)

Hastened Turgur's Swarm AA that reduces its reuse timer.
Additional Levels of Turgur's Swarm
Additional levels of the Hastened Ansectral Intervention
Additional levels of anything that adds hp ;)
Permanent Illusion aa (No reason the masters of potion illusions cant find a way to make them last longer IMHO)
Overdue for all casters that have the gate spell to get a gate aa imho ;)

Something I have been thinking of for awhile now.... An AA for a Chance to recourse something on dot (or other detrimental) casts.

Another idea I think has possiblities it some sort of AA tied into potion use and Alchemy skill.
Maybe like reagent conservation of potions (IE a chance to not use up the potion) or something.
Or some other additional benefits of being the an Alchemist and potions like focus effects on potion use or something.

AA's to imbue fluffy with casts or procs (especially things we can make potions of IMHO)
Lastly anything that makes /pet no cast useful ;)

Edit: fixed a typo
Last edited by Maccuul on Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Maccuul

Server: Fennin Ro

Shaman Main
Ranger - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Sadinna » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:58 pm

General AAs I'd like to see more of:
Foraging 2
Planar Power line
See Invis 2
Innate Resist line

General AAs I'd like to see
I'd like to see some sort of "chance to resist ___" AA's. For examples, charm, shadowstep.

Archtype AAs I'd like to see more of
Healing Adept 10, 11 & 12

Mnemonic Retention 3

Archtype AAs I'd like to see
See above with an emphasis on the Healing Adept part!

Class AAs I'd like to see more of
Turgur's Swarm 2
Spell Casting Reinforcement Mastery 2!

Class AAs I'd like to see
An AA that increases our heal strength for a short period. Not exactly original...
An AA that cuts the cast time on direct healing spells by up to half for a short period
Hasten Mass Group Buff - Nothing dramatic, a few minutes off, shouldn't be too overpowering :P

---
Sadinna

Server: Xegony

Shaman Main
Bard - Alt/Box

Postby Tetrafluor » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:11 am

How about an Enhance Bih'Li/Sow AA (run faster), or an Enable Bih'Li cast indoor AA (vs just the slow a.. shrew)?
Tetrafluor

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box
Druid - Alt/Box

Postby Tetrafluor » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:29 am

Crazy I'm sure but how about "Spirit Absorption" Allows you to take on the stats/form of a fallen comrade briefly

i.e. select desired corpse and click then for example get 20 seconds of tanking when the tank is dead (have to balance with ranger disc) or 20 seconds of double healing when the cleric falls, or maybe 20 seconds of increased spell or melee damage (caster dps class targetted or melee dps class targetted), effectiveness of the form based on level of the corpse targetted?

Shaman are supposed to be able to become one with the spirits right?
Tetrafluor

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box
Druid - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:29 am

Brohg

Veteran ----

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby ThraallFV » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:20 am

Thraall
Firiona Vie
ThraallFV

Server: Firiona Vie

Shaman Main

Postby Brohg » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:45 am

Brohg != woodelf
Brohg

Veteran ----

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby ThraallFV » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:49 am

cant you click pact then click woodelf, click woodelf off and still have pact stats but not have stupid illusion?

Im no woodelf either i just thought that was an easy illusion clicky to circumvent the forcing an illusion on us for extra stats.
ThraallFV

Shaman Main

Postby Brohg » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:52 am

Just tested, that doesn't work with Faerie illusion or Human
Brohg

Veteran ----

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby ThraallFV » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:54 am

BAH!!!! thanks, now i have something else to complain about. Im a barbarian and i dont need to hide it!
ThraallFV

Shaman Main

Postby Veril » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:09 am

Veril

Veteran -

Server: Antonius Bayle

Shaman Main
Magician - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Macnair » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:14 am

Macnair

Shaman Main
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby Macnair » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:15 am

Macnair

Shaman Main
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby Unmei » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:22 am

Unmei

Veteran --

Server: 7th Hammer

Enchanter Main

Postby Tordail » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:19 am

My pre-coffee list:
- hastened MGB
- hastened Canni
- hastened VP
- keep the bigger canni's coming
- keep Pact updated with more hp/mana
- more DoT crits
- more heal crits
- more healing adept
- more healing boon
- more radiant cure
- beef up ancestral guard
- our healing ward could use some work
- avoidance AA's with a decent return for the cost
- more innate resists / stats
- an AA that does for Mana what Sturdiness did for HP
- an AA line that allows us to increase the resist mod on Turgur's Swarm

I like Pact and don't mind being a werewolf, really. I had zero intention of purchasing Pact when it was just a werewolf illusion as I found it worthless. When it had 400 hp/mana tacked on, I bought both ranks as quick as I could. I would like to be something more shaman-ish, though, if I have to be in an illusion. I really hate looking like the beastlords (yes, I realize our werewolf is a different color). I would rather be a bear or a different wolf model, if I have to have an illusion to have the hp/mana benefits of the AA.

I like what Maccuul had to say about the AA tied to potion use and/or alchemy skill. I need more coffee before I start coming up with various ideas for implementation.
~
Tordail

Veteran -

Server: Luclin

Shaman Main

Postby WaringMcMarrin » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:59 pm

WaringMcMarrin

Veteran -

Server: The Tribunal(Ayonae Ro)

Shaman Main
Monk - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Bigcat Daddy-o » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:13 pm

Ride free brother.
Bigcat Daddy-o

Server: Xegony

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Catmandew » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:35 pm

I would still like the idea of something along the lines of the Ranger Endless Quiver that gave me an Endless Potion. Have a pre-requisite of buying the additional potion slots.

I also like the self evac idea (half second cast with a long recast).

Next version of Pact having a speed increase on it of maybe 75% (just below monks run8)

AA Lev (60 min duration)
Catmandew

Server: Stromm

Shaman Main

Postby Ughbash » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:02 pm

Ughbash

Veteran --

Server: tunare

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Unmei » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:33 pm