[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Alteration Mod

Alteration Mod

General Discussion for the EverQuest Shaman.

Moderator: Shaman Mods

Alteration Mod

Postby Kinadorm » Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:21 pm

Last edited by Kinadorm on Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kinadorm

Shaman Main
Rogue - Alt/Box
Bard - Alt/Box

Postby WaringMcMarrin » Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:27 pm

WaringMcMarrin

Veteran -

Server: The Tribunal(Ayonae Ro)

Shaman Main
Monk - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Kinadorm » Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:03 pm

Kinadorm

Shaman Main
Rogue - Alt/Box
Bard - Alt/Box

Postby Haiden » Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:35 pm

Haiden

Server: Maelin Starpyre

Shaman Main
Paladin - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Hecude Poison`Blood » Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:02 am

|____________________Click below for all your Anime Needs____________________|
Hecude Poison`Blood

Server: Fennin Ro

Shaman Main
Magician - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby bundler » Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:04 am

bundler

Postby Tordail » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:14 am

~
Tordail

Veteran -

Server: Luclin

Shaman Main

Postby Kianor » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:16 am

Kianor

Veteran -

Server: Antonius Bayle

Shaman Main

Postby Palarran » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:45 am

Assuming a Specialize Alteration skill of 255, a 15% mod should save you 1.9% of the _base_ cost of the spell. This means the more mana preservation and mana regen you have, the greater the relative benefit you'll see.

Some calculations as a druid attempting to maximize the length of time that I can heal on an "endurance" fight: (Note that I have not experimentally verified these numbers; these are based on my understanding of the calculations behind mana preservation.)

As a druid I use Ancient Chlorobon as my primary heal. I have SCM3 (10%) and a 25% mana preservation focus for that spell (average of 13%). Specialize Alteration 255 = 12.75%; with Specialize Alteration +15%, that becomes Specialize Alteration 293 = 14.65%. Assume that I'm using a Benefit Awareness potion for 5% mana preservation on top of that.
Suppose I have 178 mana/tick regen normally, and that I have up for 18 ticks out of every 100, which provides an extra 18% mana preservation (in place of the 5% from Benefit Awareness) and 50 mana/tick regen. With Mastery of the Past fizzles do not apply.

(Edit: I forgot to factor in Gift of Mana. This can be approximated by multiplying the final mana cost by 0.9.)

Suppose I cast Ancient Chlorobon once per tick. The base cost of Ancient Chlorobon is 723 mana.
* Without Specialize Alteration +15%, without Form of the White Wolf: Average mana preservation is 40.75%, for a mana cost of 428.4 (385.5 after GoM; net loss of 207.5 mana/tick).
* Without Specialize Alteration +15%, with Form of the White Wolf: Average mana preservation is 53.75%, for a mana cost of 334.4 (300.9 after GoM; net loss of 72.9 mana/tick).
Weighted average: -183.3 mana/tick.
* With Specialize Alteration +15%, without Form of the White Wolf: Average mana preservation is 42.65%, for a mana cost of 414.6 (373.2 after GoM; net loss of 195.2 mana/tick).
* With Specialize Alteration +15%, with Form of the White Wolf: Average mana preservation is 55.65%, for a mana cost of 320.7 (288.6 after GoM; net loss of 60.6 mana/tick).
Weighted average: -171.0 mana/tick.

In other words, under optimal conditions using Ancient Chlorobon once per tick, I can last 7.2% longer just by adding a Specialize Alteration +15% mod.
"Real world" results obviously won't be as impressive, but it's still nothing to sneeze at.
Palarran

Server: Tribunal

Postby Brohg » Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:34 pm

Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby bundler » Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:36 pm

all i have, atm, is an anguish helm for this, but truly believe that it helps me with mana conservation. i am now going to try to get my friends to try the ldon event to get those augs for all the alteration casters. my reason for this is that the change in mana use can be overcome by a far superior helm, or a really nice ear that lacks that mod. take the tier three helm from SoF, it has 4 clairvoyance and more mana and hp (need hp to canni from, ahem) unaugged than my anguish helm WITH an anguish aug, etc.
my point is that while i really love the mod, i won't let it cloud my judgement when i can get a core for my helm. just a mod of any kind can be made not so great when the mod is all that will be better than a far superior drop, imo.
bundler

Return to Heyokah's Lodge