[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - What to buff pet with?

What to buff pet with?

General Discussion for the EverQuest Shaman.

Moderator: Shaman Mods

What to buff pet with?

Postby norik » Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:30 pm

As I was buffing up my Ranger/Shaman team the other day, and it occurred to me to wonder which buffs actually do my pet any good.
So, what should i bother buffing him with, and whats just taking up buffslots.
and
norik

Ranger Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Re: What to buff pet with?

Postby Galelor » Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:54 pm

str/dex, hp, champ/might, haste, attack, procs, arguably ac, and agruably dodge (maybe DS if you are killing really low level stuff...)

My pet usually gets group buffs only.
Galelor

Veteran -

Server: Xegony

Shaman Main
Paladin - Alt/Box
Druid - Alt/Box

Postby Kriyn Nutzforcatnip » Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:31 pm

Since I have the grp buff aa for my pet he usually just gets whatever grp buffs I cast or others cast. The only non grp spell I cast on him is SoD, the extra str/dex buff.
I'm ok, how are you?

Rodcet Nife (Quellious)
Kriyn Nutzforcatnip

Shaman Main
Rogue - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Samanna » Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:48 pm

Anything that make the pet more durable (HP, AC, Regen/HoT) and anything that makes the pet hit harder and/or faster (ATK, Haste, Procs, STR, DEX). http://samanna.net/eq.shaman/sham.pets.shtml might be of interest.

Retron gave a Rk II dog SoF Magician-summoned belt, weapons, and Muzzle of Mowcha, and buffed it with 60% haste, Champion, Bloodworg Rk II and SoF Cougar Rk II, to get to about 10.4k HP and 250 dps (and ~100 dps from procs, if I read that right).
Samanna

Veteran -----

Server: Prexus

Shaman Main

Postby Veril » Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:54 am

Focus, Haste and Champion are the primary 3 pet buffs. Cougar obviously

I also use regen and the group might and the group pop str/dex buff.

I try and get all the mage goodies (armour, mask, belt, weapons) for dogdog, they make a big difference.
Veril

Veteran -

Server: Antonius Bayle

Shaman Main
Magician - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Unmei » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:42 am

Assuming you want to maximize damage on your pet, you'll want:

Focus
Champion (or Mammoth if you lack Pet Affinity)
Haste
Diaku (The only known use for this buff outside of helping people who are too encumbered to move ;)
Cougar (Single target panther if you lack pet affinity)

Some sort of run speed buff might not be a bad idea either.

The one buff you definitely -do- -not- need to bother buffing your pet with is stamina, because stamina has no effect on pet HPs.
Unmei

Veteran --

Server: 7th Hammer

Enchanter Main

Postby Galelor » Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:14 pm

Galelor

Veteran -

Server: Xegony

Shaman Main
Paladin - Alt/Box
Druid - Alt/Box

Postby Samanna » Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:14 pm

Samanna

Veteran -----

Server: Prexus

Shaman Main

Postby Dakota » Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:48 am

If you've got some downtime and have it convenient, might as well do Spirit Quickening as well. Think it adds some strength or AC or attack or something that stacks with pretty much everything. Haste too, but pretty sure that doesn't stack with shaman/chanter haste.
Dakota

Shaman Main
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Catmandew » Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:40 am

My pet lineup has:
Shrink
Quickening
Daiku
Haste
AC
Billy

I then load my buff lineup and hit Speedbump with Worg, Foresight, and Stalwart.

Then if I am soloing non-summoning mobs, he just gets suspended.
Catmandew

Server: Stromm

Shaman Main

Postby Andune » Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:20 pm

My pets get all the group buffs (Shm & Clr) plus pet toys from my mage. I also give the Shm pet armor just in case my mage pet bites the dust.
Andune

Magician Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Paladin - Alt/Box

Postby Retron » Fri May 02, 2008 3:32 pm

As much DEX as is humanly possible, pets don't seem to have any hard cap on it (or at least none that I've come across!)
Retron

Server: Antonius Bayle (ex-VS)

Shaman Main
Beastlord - Alt/Box

Return to Heyokah's Lodge