[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Tundra Crumble

Tundra Crumble

General Discussion for the EverQuest Shaman.

Moderator: Shaman Mods

Tundra Crumble

Postby Dementhosx » Fri May 02, 2008 7:38 am

Does anyone even use this pos spell with the hella long cast time?? And to make it better they wasted there time putting a slot 3 aug on the Akanon vendor. I personally saved myself 12599 plat and didn't even bother buying it
Dementhosx

Re: Tundra Crumble

Postby Tordail » Fri May 02, 2008 9:34 am

I have not cast an ice nuke in a very long time. In fact, I think it has been so long that my Evocation is not maxxed.
~
Tordail

Veteran -

Server: Luclin

Shaman Main

Postby WaringMcMarrin » Fri May 02, 2008 10:34 am

I know some people who do use the ice line of nukes in some cases where ice resists are our best shot to do damage and besides its not like we didn't get plenty of other good options for type 3 augs.

WaringMcMarrin

Veteran -

Server: The Tribunal(Ayonae Ro)

Shaman Main
Monk - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby sshiverr » Fri May 02, 2008 11:16 am

Personally I didn't even bother buying Tundra Crumble or Vestax's Spear of Venom or whatever its called....I dont have enough spell slots as it is without wasting time buying spells I know I'm never going to cast. To bad Sony doesnt have a clue since they continue to push these spell lines even going to the trouble to make slot 3's to "improve' them.
sshiverr

Postby Sowslow » Fri May 02, 2008 11:55 am

If the aug reduced the cast time instead of upping the damage, I might actually use the spell.
Sowslow

Server: The Rathe -> Quellious -> Povar

Shaman Main
Magician - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Kilgaroz » Tue May 13, 2008 12:59 pm

About the only time I've used this in recent memory was killing the Fabled Emp in Ssra. Too dang slow and too little damage the rest of the time. When a rk.2 dropped, I was hesitant to loot it and cursed the RNG for not dropping something useful.

Kilgaroz

Server: Saryrn

Bard Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Merkreus » Tue May 20, 2008 5:00 pm

I have never memorized this spell, though I did spend the money to buy it and I have scribed it. Maybe if I get rank 2...
Merkreus- Officer of Drunks on Quellious
Merkreus

Server: Quellious

Shaman Main
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Vasei » Wed May 21, 2008 3:49 pm

Just curious if anyone would use this with the 60% cold dmg focus, or if it'd still not be worth it to you? Only seen it drop once in any case, and a warrior won the bid... /boggle

Test Server
Primal Brood
Vasei

Shaman Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Postby Tordail » Wed May 21, 2008 3:58 pm

It still wouldn't be worth it to me.
Tordail

Veteran -

Server: Luclin

Shaman Main

Postby Bulce » Thu May 22, 2008 7:34 pm

I haven't even bought the spell. I quit using Ice nukes when Sting was introduced
Bulce

Server: Xegony

Shaman Main
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Fri May 23, 2008 1:22 am

Sting doesn't affect the usability of ice nukes. Sting is great, but still shares element with regular poison nukes/dots. It's rare, but when a mob resists Poison and Magic, Tundra Crumble is our direct tool.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Lyzark » Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:43 pm

Pretty much only ever cast it on raids where you can't use dot's and it resists poison..., rarely.

-Lyzark
Lyzark

Shaman Main

Postby Lildacea » Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:48 pm

Solt 2 (I think it is) is the only time I use Tundra. Even with Evo maxxed it seems to fizzle more often than any other nuke we have.
Lildacea

Server: Maelin Starpyre

Postby Rommuluss » Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:42 pm

Largely a waste of time and space. Rare utility, like many other Shaman spells.

As have been posted a number of times, the Developers should dump this line of spells(imo) and replace it with something more useful or entertaining.

I won't hold my breath.
Rommuluss

Return to Heyokah's Lodge