[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Suggested AA list?

Suggested AA list?

General Discussion for the EverQuest Shaman.

Moderator: Shaman Mods

Suggested AA list?

Postby Durdend » Mon May 19, 2008 10:47 am

I stopped at lvl65 to work on a few AA's (can be seen in my magelo). I was basically tired of spamming the Canni key, so I stopped for Canni V. Are there are more I should get at this point - I'm not in a race to get to lvl80 (this is an alt that I enjoy playing).

Willing to listen to any suggestions.

Thanks.

Lvl74 Oracle of the Frozen Nuts
EMarr
Durdend

Rogue Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Re: Suggested AA list?

Postby Naluken » Tue May 20, 2008 9:57 am

Guess it depends on what you do most of, I got a lot of healing AA's (at the start) since my shaman was my main healer when no one else was on. Now I am mostly getting DoT and deffensive type AA's since I am starting to level up a cleric.. VP is a great one IMO, I would say get at least rank 2 (if you can? I forget what you can get at what level). Also get at least 1 rank of radiant cure, 2 if you want to be mostly certain you can cure malo / tash on the first try (can still miss, but much more likely to cure it on the first try than rank 1).

Naluken

Shadowknight Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby Tordail » Tue May 20, 2008 10:32 am

thread in the Medicine Cabinet might help. I can't pull your Magelo up at work. :?
~
Tordail

Veteran -

Server: Luclin

Shaman Main

Postby Veril » Tue May 20, 2008 11:00 am

A simple rule of thumb to use is to get all the Luclin Archetype and Class AA's. They are very powerful and give by far the biggest return for the AA.

Mnemonic Retention. 1 spell slot, available at 55. Run don't walk to get this.

Mental Clarity 3 -> Canni. This owns hardcore.

Spell Casting Reinforcement 3 (and Mastery). This owns hardcore HoT's become 50% more powerful for the rest of your shaman's career. The cumulative effect of this cannot be overstated.

Spell Casting Mastery 3. 10% mana preservation on your spell until the end of time. This is probably the most powerful AA line ever, 12AA. Run don't walk to get this.

Quick Buff3. 1/2 casting time on hot's and all the other buffs. I can't stress how much this improves the quality of life. Don't do the QB2+a spell haste item, as there will be periods you will have less then optimal spell haste.

See the comments on http://samanna.net/eq.shaman/sham.aas.shtml for 32AA's worth of stuff as well, I have to agree with it.
Veril

Veteran -

Server: Antonius Bayle

Shaman Main
Magician - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Sowslow » Tue May 20, 2008 1:06 pm

This was an old post I had in an old guild so hasn't been updated in a few years but might help.

My opinion on AAs.

Gettting started do these.

General:
Run3 (3) - run faster always helps even if you can SoW
Regen3 (3) - faster regen is good, can go with any of the others in general if you want though. When I used my horse a lot Metabolism was good, but not so much anymore

Archetype: Need to spend 6 points in General first
Mental Clarity (12) - Mana regen is nice, but prereq for Canni 5 so have to have it

Class: Need to spend 12 points in Archetype
Cannibalization (5) - Canni5 make a hotkey and use it every time it pops up

Omens of War:
Mnemonic Retention (3) Lvl 55 req - Extra spell slot, must have with all the stuff we need loaded at one time

Get those 26 AAs as soon as you can.

Next some of the other basics in order of my preference.

Archetype: Spell Casting Mastery3 (12) - 10% reduction in mana on all spells
Archetype: Spell Casting Reinforcement3 (12) - 30% increase in buff duration including HoTs and panther and you also need for SCRM
Class: Spell Casting Reinforcement Mastery - (8) - 50% increase in buff duration as above
PoP Abilities: Radiant Cure1 (2) - cures group of all types of effects. Level 1 is almost all that will be needed for groups and most raid encounters up to Anguish
Archetype: Natural Durability3 (12) - 10% increase in your base HPs which is more HPs to canni
OoW: Call of the Wild (9) Lvl 70 req - no exp rez that calls a player back full HP and mana, but you still have rez effects
Archetype: Combat Agility3 (12) - 10% increase chance to avoid being hit helps being able to cast a heal on yourself and take less overall damage. Also better not to be hit than be hit for less which is why this is better than CS. You will need to work on these soon so now is as good a time as any
TSS: Frenzied Cannibalization (5) - Upgrade to Canni5 but I wouldn't get it until you have at least 6kHPS as it eats 4k and you might get low HPS aggro
PoP Abilities: Virulent Paralysis1 (3) - First rank is very nice to have for only 3AAs, roots with a resist mod and has a knock back effect to get mobs off you. Really nice for extra crowd control. Extra lvls add to resist mod and knock back effect

That will take you to a total of 101AAs and will make your life much easier in groups and starting to raid

Next healing, again in order of my preference

Class: Quick Buff2 (9) - Reduce the time to cast buffs, including HoTs and panther, by 25%. You ask why not get rank 3, well there is cap of 50% on spell haste and if you have a worn spell haste effect of at least 25% you will hit this cap. If not go for rank3.
Class: Mass Group Buff (9) - I put this further down the list as although it is a cool AA, you can probably buff a whole raid with Canni-ing and be ok, but this does help out so get it soon
Archetype: Healing Adept3 (12) - 10% increase in direct heals, more healing power is always better, you are a healer remember
PoP Abilities: Advanced Healing Adept3 (12) - now you have a total of 19% increase in direct heals, see above statement
OoW: Healing Adept Mastery3 (18) - now you have a total of 28% increase in direct heals, see above
Archetype: Healing Gift3 (12) - 10% increase in your chance to crit a direct heal in essence doubling you direct heal. I put this below Adept because consistently have more healing>hoping for a crit, but both are important and you can do one level then the other, just make sure you get both
PoP Abilities: Advanced Healing Gift3 (9) now you have a 16% increase in your chance to crit a direct heal, see above
OoW: Healing Adept Gift3 (18) - now you have a total of 22% increase in your chance to crit a direct heals, see above
TSS: Healing Surge3 (18) - now you have a total of 28% increase in your chance to crit a direct heals, see above
OoW: Healing Boon3 (18) - 7% increase in your chance to crit heal on each tick of a HoT, in effect doubling the heal of that one tick, see above
TSS: Healing Ressonance3 (18) - now you have a total of 13% increase in your chance to crit heal on each tick of a HoT, see above
OoW: Ancestral Aid3 (15) - gives group a stat and stat cap boost of 90 per stat and HoT of 333/tick for 5 ticks, the HoT is the better than the stat cap unless you are working tradeskills. Best of all you can MGB it and it stacks with all other HoT including Cleric, Druid, Epic, Ghost spell, etc.
TSS: Ancestral Favor3 (15) - same as about except cap increase of 105 and HoT of 499/tick for 5 ticks and again MGBable
TSS: Union of Spirits3 (15) - gives a single target direct heal of 3000, group stat and stat cap raise of 105 and HoT of 1500/tick for 3 ticks and again stacks with everything except lower versions of the AA and its line

You are now up to a total of 299AAs, it will take awhile, but at this point you will probably be able to main heal most content and be extremely helpful on raids as nice secondary healer or main healer in groups especially against mobs with AE dots

Next on to survival, we get hit a lot and need to be able to take it before a tank can get the mob off

PoP Abilities: Lightning Reflexes3 (15) - if you haven't gotten CA3 yet do so then this for a total of 15% chance to avoid being hit see CA3 above for why this is nice
OoW: Reflexive Mastery5 (25) - now you have a 17.5% chance to avoid being hit, lots of AAs for small increases, but worth it
DoD: Precognition5 (25) - same as above except with a 20% chance to avoid being hit
Archetype: Combat Stability3 (12) - like CA line except this reduce the amount of damage taken when hit by 10%, less damage taken equals longer life and less healing, all good
PoP Abilities: Innate Defense5 (15) - same as about except with a 15% reduction in damage when hit, see above
OoW: Defensive Instincts5 (25) - same as above except with a 17.5% reduction in damage when hit, see above
DoD: Thick Skin5 (25) - same as above except with a 20% reduction in damage when hit, see above
TSS: Shield Block3 (12) - give an additional 3% chance to block melee hit with your shield, you do have a shield right. Like CA3 when you block a hit you take no damage, I have this down further just because there are lots of AAs to spend in this category, do them how you please
GoD: Spell Casting Subtlety3 (12) - reduces the amount of aggro generated by casting spells by 20%. Some shaman don't like this line as you can't snap aggro when you want as well, but then again you don't get aggro when you don't want it either, so you choose if it is right for you
DoD: Silent Casting5 (35) - whereas above is passive this one needs to be activated and last 1 tick reduces aggro/hate up to 100%, remember up to does not means equal to 100% all the time
DoD: Ancestral Guard3 (12) - a self rune that mitigate 75% of melee damage up to 5000hps total, when you start getting hit pop this and lessen the effects until a tank comes and gets the mob
TSS: Sleight of Hand3 (12) - same as Spell Casting Subtlety but more reduction, but I can't find how much

Whew now that is a lot of AAs, 524 total, but you can actually tank some content and survive raids long enough to see boss die

Last now that we can heal and survive better, time to start doing more damage. I put this later as this should be our tertiary role, but some shaman like to do more damage and as such rank these much higher, again you choose your path, just my suggestions

GoD: Critical Affliction3 (12) - 9% increase chance to crit on each tick of a dot, doubling the damage for that tick
OOW: Improved Critical Affliction3 (12) - same as above except with a 18% increase chance to crit on each tick of a dot
DoD: Affliction Mastery3 (21) - same as above except with a 24% increase chance to crit on each tick of a dot
TSS: Blood Tithe3 (21) - same as above except with a 30% increase chance to crit on each tick of a dot
Archetype: Spell Casting Fury3 (12) - 7% increase chance to crit with a direct damage spell, doubling the damage of the spell
PoP Abilities: Fury of Magic3 (12) - same as above except with a 20% increase chance to crit with a direct damage spell
GoD: Fury of Magic Mastery3 (12) - same as above except with a 26% increase chance to crit with a direct damage spell
TSS: Volatile Mana3 (18) - same as above except with a 32% increase chance to crit with a direct damage spell
OoW: Destructive Fury3 (12) - 25% increase in the crit damage done by direct damage spell. Notice that this only affects crit damage not base damage
TSS: Mana Fury3 (18) - same as above except a 45% increase in the crit damage done by direct damage spell

Now you are on your own after 653AAs.

I left out a few like Gift of Mana, because although it didn’t fit nice in a category, but get it as soon as you can. Mana savings are great. The same goes for Gift of Radian Mana.
Some shaman rank Spiritual Channeling high as a way to augment their mana pool, but to me I only go OoM when there is an AE draining both HPs and Mana, so not much help here. It does help for quick buffing after rezzing, but with new OOC regen I don't rank it as high anymore. If getting SC, get rabid bear also. Almost unlimited spell casting for 3min.
Also, the pet AAs are fun, but not a whole lot of damage. They are useful for corning mobs or as speed bumps while you run away. If you like that then make sure to get Swift Journey too
At some point Mystical Attuning for the extra buff slots is really nice and I would work one rank in every so often just for the sake of not having to pick buffs off or block them entirely.
Forgot to mention if the guild is progessing faster than your AAs are, then go ahead finish of the curing AAs including Quickened Curing. Might want to finish off Virulent Paralysis at some point too, the extra resist mod and knock back are worth the few extra AAs.

Hope this helps someone and ask questions if you like.
Sowslow

Server: The Rathe -> Quellious -> Povar

Shaman Main
Magician - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Durdend » Tue May 20, 2008 4:07 pm

Wow, thanks for the reply all. Looks like I have some work to do.
Durdend

Rogue Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Durdend » Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:56 pm

I've been mixing and matching my AA's, but how am I doing now? I think I'm going to finish off Critical Afflication as it will help me root/rot faster in Sunderock to earn my AA's. Then move back to Healing AA's - specifically finishing off Healing Adept. Then will probably work on my Gift of Mana/Radiant Mana AA's, Union of the Spirits and Mass Group Buff (so I can hit everyone in the Guild Lobby with Talisman of the Dire!!!).
Durdend

Rogue Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Macnair » Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:40 pm

I'd leave MGB pretty far down the list at this point. Even if you raid all the time, the time you save buffing is only a minor convenience.

Union of Spirits is very handy, a very-fast-cast mana-free heal. I'd get that first, of all the things you have listed.

Turgur's Swarm is very worth getting. When I was your level I had two slows memmed all the time, leaving just 6 slots (or did we have 9 total by then, leaving me 7?) for other spells: because it was necessary to be able to recast slow if it got resisted, or if there was a second mob showing up. With Turgur's aa you only need 1 slow spell memmed; and while you're at it, go ahead and get your tenth spell gem aa too.

I'm assuming you don't use this char for raiding; if you did, I'd recommend Quickened Call of the Wild. Having this up every two minutes makes a real difference on raids.

I'd move passive mana regen aa farther up your list, too: the expansive mind and mental clarity lines. You've got 27 mana per tick ready for you to claim it, on all the time, whether you are doing everything or nothing. That's almost like having 2 extra KEI spells on you, forever.

Macnair

Server: Vazaelle (Maelin Starshine)

Shaman Main
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Return to Heyokah's Lodge