[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Must Have Potions

Must Have Potions

General Discussion for the EverQuest Shaman.

Moderator: Shaman Mods

Must Have Potions

Postby Technics » Sat May 31, 2008 4:42 am

I was just curious to see what the other shamans in the game travel with in regards to our alchemy potions. I have never really relied on them heavily, and maybe that makes me a good or bad shaman, but I do carry some of the useful ones around, like IVU. I'm sure the clarity ones, CH pots, and other healing pots most people carry around, but I'm curious to see what all you shamans carry around with you while you group/raid/solo.

The only potion I have in my bags currently are IVU potions, and I was hoping that this might educate me to carry some other useful ones with me to make my life as a shaman easier.
Technics

Shaman Main

Re: Must Have Potions

Postby Brohg » Sat May 31, 2008 6:07 am

Currently carry Philter of Undead Awareness, Cloudy Potion, Elixir of Divine Healing XIII, Elixir of Clarity XIII, Elixir of Spirituality XIII, Tonic of Efficiency Affinity VI (for soloing), Tonic of Regeneration Affinity VI (for raiding).
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Tordail » Sat May 31, 2008 12:02 pm

I carry Philter of Undead Awareness, Philter of the Ant, Distillate of Divine Healing XIII, Distillate of Clarity XIII, Distillate of Spirituality XIII and Distillate of Regeneration XIII. I need to replenish my supplies of those last two, I seem to burn through them like crazy.
~
Tordail

Veteran -

Server: Luclin

Shaman Main

Postby Finori » Sat May 31, 2008 1:33 pm

Finori

Postby Tordail » Sat May 31, 2008 1:45 pm

I think that should have said Distillate of Replenishment XIII, but I really haven't slept in quite awhile. I'll have to get in-game and check out the potions in my bag. :|
Tordail

Veteran -

Shaman Main

Postby Retron » Sat May 31, 2008 8:54 pm

Retron

Server: Antonius Bayle (ex-VS)

Shaman Main
Beastlord - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:41 am

Sunshard Powder is much easier for me to get than 2x Powder of Ro for each potion, so VI > V.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Macnair » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:15 am

Philter of Unlife Awareness
Elixir of Celestial Healing XIII, Elixir of Clarity XIII (potion belt slots 1 and 2)
Elixir of Spirituality XII
Skinspikes XI
Tonic of Efficiency Affinity VI, Tonic of Regeneration Affinity VI

The lower levels on Spirituality and Skinspikes are to make some use of the other alchemy drops available in abundance.

Also a Vial of Swirling Smoke is always loaded in potion belt slot 3.

Macnair

Server: Vazaelle (Maelin Starshine)

Shaman Main
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby Retron » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:24 pm

Retron

Shaman Main
Beastlord - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:08 pm

Versluierd Fungus is not used in any level of Tonics of Affinity...
Brohg

Veteran ----

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Unmei » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:51 am

Unmei

Veteran --

Server: 7th Hammer

Enchanter Main

Postby Veril » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:21 pm

Clarity
Spirituality
Instant Heal
Hot
Skinspikes
Mana Pres Beneficial
Mana Pres Poison
Duration Beneficial
Duration Detrimental
Veril

Veteran -

Server: Antonius Bayle

Shaman Main
Magician - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Vasei » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:33 pm

Stupid question time - the focus potions show up as a buff and thus stack with the worn foci?

Maybe I WILL get my alchemy caught up...

Test Server
Primal Brood
Vasei

Shaman Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:44 pm

Mana pres focus potions stack. Duration focus potions act funny because of ticks in EQ. The end result of their funny acting is +1 tick on all the fighting spells, regardless of the level of the potion. Regeneration Affinity V+ gets you +1 tick on HoTs & Cougar, Efficiency Affinity V+ gets you +1 tick on all your dots.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Veril » Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:16 pm

Think of Haste.
A melee can have a haste buff and a haste item, they stack.

Potions are like that. they give you a buff and the buff stacks with an item.
Veril

Veteran -

Server: Antonius Bayle

Shaman Main
Magician - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Vasei » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:18 am

Fantastic. Thanks for the de-noobification.
Vasei

Shaman Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Postby Retron » Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:24 am

Retron

Shaman Main
Beastlord - Alt/Box

Postby Tordail » Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:11 pm

I didn't see any of that information on EQTraders. :?
Tordail

Veteran -

Shaman Main

Postby Macnair » Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:05 pm

Macnair

Server: Vazaelle (Maelin Starshine)

Shaman Main
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Return to Heyokah's Lodge