[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Toggle for Spell Casting Subtlety

Toggle for Spell Casting Subtlety

General Discussion for the EverQuest Shaman.

Moderator: Shaman Mods

Toggle for Spell Casting Subtlety

Postby Vasei » Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:18 am

How about a button to turn spellcasting subtlety on & off? Don't buy enough and you're splattered under the feet of your raid. Buy too much and you lose that crucial ability to peel mobs off your squishier party members (as well as the slow-sit-root-and-scoot). A toggle button is the only reasonable fix. Seems to me that it's not exclusively a shaman benefit - I could see cases where rangers (do they get subtlety as an option?) or any kiting class could enjoy this.

I can't think of a single other AA where you lose class functionality, even situationally. I think that's by design, so I'd think if enough people like this, this should have a good chance of going in.

Test Server
Primal Brood
Vasei

Shaman Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Re: Toggle for Spell Casting Subtlety

Postby Funi » Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:54 pm

I'd vote for it...
Funi

Shaman Main

Postby zantocon » Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:05 pm

Don't the squishier classes already have sublety as well. So if they have sublety and you have it, theoritically you still have as much chance to pull off them as before. I tend to use my heals and such as ways to get mobs on me from wizards and such, but if a wizard is just nuking away and not bothering to use concussion it won't matter if you have 9 in subltely or 0, a 50k nuke is gonna draw some aggro and your little slow/dot/heal aggro isn't going to pull it to you. I wouldn't be opossed to a toggle, but probably wouldn't use it either.

zantocon

Server: The Rathe

Shaman Main
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Cilvius » Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:22 pm

This is something I've worried about with my Necro, as I tend to kite a lot with him. However, I heard that SCS only affect the aggro gained from the spell landing, and not from any affect of the spell thereafter. So, if you cast a dot it still generates the normal amount of aggro per tick, but it just doesn't generate as much when the spell first hits. That might be incorrect though.

Either way, I can see a way to turn SCS on and off a good thing. There are definitely times when you might want to just deal with the maximum aggro you can get.
Cilvius

Paladin Main
Enchanter - Alt/Box
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby Aruman » Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:31 pm

This is why I am not going to buy SCS to maximum.

I'd rather have it at a middle ground and use other AA to reduce the damage I take rather than limit my aggro ability.

A toggle capability would be a great feature. I'm all for it.

Cestus Dei
Veeshan(Luclin)
Aruman

Server: Veeshan(Luclin)

Shaman Main

Postby Vasei » Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:36 am

Vasei

Shaman Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Return to Heyokah's Lodge