[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Thinking of returning

Thinking of returning

General Discussion for the EverQuest Shaman.

Moderator: Shaman Mods

Thinking of returning

Postby kazman32 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:57 am

Hello, I haven't played in years, I have played almost all of the classes and the highest char I had was a 66 necro, I'm thinking of starting over on a diferent server, I do alot of soloing and with the addition of merc's it looks like sony is trying to help solo oriented people, I would like to see how far I can get in the game as far as pulling off big named kills, so in your opinion what class could kill the hardest mobs (summoning) a sk with a cleric merc or a shaman with a tank merc or something entierly different? Thank you for any input.
kazman32

Shaman Main

Re: Thinking of returning

Postby Whitman » Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:47 am

A ranger, of course! D'uh... :P
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.
~Voltaire
Whitman

Ranger Main

Postby Kumudil » Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:07 am

SK is hard to gear up for big nameds fights solo, but will have it easy to get them single. Apart from gear he will need a whole lot of AAs.
Shaman + Tank merc dont feel like they can get very far jet, but have not tested the higher Tankmercs jet.

Mage + Healer merc could get you far without beeing very gear-dependent. My guess is, that this could get the furthest.
For leveling up, you just get the buffs form the merc and box it away getting more XP, for the bad nameds you pop him out.
(Dont forget to pass Gl and get a full set of Petgear from a friendly Mage).
Once you get your first RS-Spell at lvl 70 (Raging Servant) if you are accompained by a heal merc you should be able to take down a lot of mobs.
Raging Servant is DOD 70.5 Task reward but nowadays researchable. (But probably nodrop, you may have to research it by yourself).
Another important spell at lvl 70 is Iceflame-Guard from Scylance mission, also researable nowadays. Have a look at for good Infos if you are interested to give it a try.
, ,
Kumudil

Server: Antonius Bayle

Shaman Main
Druid - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby nfef » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:19 am

If you really wanted to pack a punch, box shaman + mage, healer mercs on both. :twisted:
nfef

Server: Prexus

Shaman Main
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby kazman32 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:29 am

Thanks for the help everyone, I only have 1 computer, it's not top of the line or anything 2.5 dual core athlon, 3 gigs ram 512mb geforce card, would it be possible to run 2 accts at once? and is it possible to have 2 views on the 1 screen, or do you have to switch back and forth between the characters?

thanks!
kazman32

Shaman Main

Postby zantocon » Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:08 am

if i was only doing one i'd do mage + merc, you'd get a lot more bang for your buck. Yes you can play two on your screen and have both open at the same time, but remember it's based on your screensize so your window will only be half your monitor width if you do it that way. I do mine overlaying slightly when I two box. I don't two box anymore with mercs, I use a journeyman Tier V tank and my wifes wizard with her cleric journeyman and we can take most things.

zantocon

Server: The Rathe

Shaman Main
Monk - Alt/Box

Return to Heyokah's Lodge