[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - EQ a Drinking Game?

EQ a Drinking Game?

General Discussion for the EverQuest Shaman.

Moderator: Shaman Mods

EQ a Drinking Game?

Postby Cantiz » Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:14 pm

I am bored at work so I thought I would ask...

What, if anything, do you drink when you are playing EQ? Does not have to be alcohol of course. I drink coffee saturday mornings when I am trying to find a decent spot before the mad dash starts but week days I tend to drink a beer or three. Last year I picked up a sampler from a Brewery called Great Lakes out of Cleveland, OH. Surprisingly, Cleveland football might be really bad but the beer is good! I tend to like hoppy beers, Sam Adams got me started but now I tend to look for Indian Pale Ales or Double IPAs. The curse line of spells make it hard to get a drink in before I have to recast.
Cantiz

Shaman Main
Paladin - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Re: EQ a Drinking Game?

Postby Macnair » Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:33 pm

Macnair

Server: Vazaelle (Maelin Starshine)

Shaman Main
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby Durdend » Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:29 pm

Lvl74 Oracle of the Frozen Nuts
EMarr
Durdend

Rogue Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Cantiz » Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:51 pm

I am in Dayton, OH. Looks like Bell's is not though, there site does not list the Buckeye state.

If anyone is ever interested in something vastly different from American beers, look for a beer called St. Bernardus Abt 12, Beer Advocate gave it an "A". It is a Belgium beer that has a lot of yeast so when poured the head will quickly raise up and over if you are not careful.

Also, Beer Advocate has a "Best of" listing on their site that I some times reference when I am interested in something new.
Cantiz

Shaman Main
Paladin - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Funi » Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:11 pm

If you really like beer then Belgium beers are second to none....except mine. I make my own beer which of course my best recipe of a Belgium Triple. I think the only down fall for making your own beer is that it ruins you for just about all other beers.
Funi

Shaman Main

Postby Brohg » Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:07 pm

The eponymous Samanna is also a brewer, true story. There's very little he isn't, though, besides "an active Everquest player".
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Tharkis » Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:12 pm

Samanna didnt end up bringing any of his home brew to atlanta FF though =( He was going to let me taste test some of them ! I still want my tatste test! =P

*marches around with a pichfork and a torch*
Tharkis

Veteran -

Server: Stormhammer

Shaman Main

Postby Cantiz » Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:19 pm

My old room mate made an Amber Ale once, on his first try it was spot on but that is my only experience with home brew. Over in Bloomington, In. there was a micro brewery that made two types of beer. When ever I got over that way I would buy 2-3 half gallon bottles of it because I liked the personality it had. Micro brews are great for having no super tight quality control trying to garuntee the same flavor.

In Dayton, there is a beer store that sells all the stuff to make home brew but I never tried it. It sounds cool but I hear that if you are not super careful with keeping your tubes and all clean you can ruin your beer in a hurry.
Cantiz

Shaman Main
Paladin - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Macnair » Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:35 am

Isn't that like complaining that you have to wash the dishes, because otherwise you can give yourself food poisoning?
Macnair

Server: Vazaelle (Maelin Starshine)

Shaman Main
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby Funi » Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:52 am

Not really because after you wash it like you would normal dishes then you have to sanitize in another solution and then rinse it again. And much of the items are not easy to get to with your hands and require addition tools for the cleaning process. How do you wash bottles and tubing. Washing one bottle and one tube might not be so bad but what if it's 50 bottles? The fermenter is a large container with a very small opening that your hand does not fit but containing 5 gallons of liquid and up.

It may sound easy if you just say you're washing the equipment but it takes me longer to clean then any other part of the process.
Funi

Shaman Main

Postby Cantiz » Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:36 pm

That is what I had heard, sanatizing it is pretty difficult.

I did see that my local beer store has the Bell's. It was suggested to me, by the manager, to try the Expedition Stout. I actually ended up buying Stone's IPA since I was there specifically to buy an IPA. The next time I am in there I will look for one of the Bell's and give it a shot.
Cantiz

Shaman Main
Paladin - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Samanna » Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:19 pm

Reminds me, I really should start another 5 gallon batch of mead... should be ready for Easter.

Come to Atlanta and get one. ps, Ash and Kyth each got a bottle... maybe Brenlo, too.
Samanna

Veteran -----

Server: Prexus

Shaman Main

Return to Heyokah's Lodge