[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Old school or nostalgic Shaman gear

Old school or nostalgic Shaman gear

General Discussion for the EverQuest Shaman.

Moderator: Shaman Mods

Old school or nostalgic Shaman gear

Postby username17 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:41 pm

Hey all,
I just started playing on EQ Mac side, where the server is locked at PoP.

I'm only in my teens and taking it slow.

But I like to research what is out there and make a set of goals.
Obviously I'd like to get my Epic, but that's a given.
At level 65 I'd like to get full PoP ornate.

But, I'm unfamiliar with any oldschool loot available to me.

I'm an Inny worshipping shaman, so I have my snare necklace to get.
I also have the Slime coated harpoon from LOIO, and FT range item from Hollowshade war on my checklist.

Unfortunatly there are no shaman newbie armor quests on Al`Kabor.
The only thing shaman usable is the Ghulam armor from Shadeweavers.
But I've been fortunate enough to get some hand-me-down loot.

What nostalgic or oldschool loot can you guys think of?
Doesn't have to be low level, most of the stuff I've thought of so far I'd need to be 40ish to do.

There is old Cultural smithing which I plan on farming for.
But it's not useable (or farmable) till 45.

Thanks in advance.
username17

Shaman Main

Re: Old school or nostalgic Shaman gear

Postby fendaann » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:36 pm

I maybe total off with the info but

Have you tried

The two quest-giving barbarians are not KOS to anyone (same with the Dufrenite smashin Ogres), only the other barbarians are. So if you maneuver your way around them, you should be fine.

Quests:
Totemic Bracer
Totemic Breastplate
Totemic Cloak
Totemic Helm
fendaann

Server: Quellious - POVAR

Wizard Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Shadowknight - Alt/Box

Postby username17 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:30 pm

Good idea.
Worst cast scenario, I could gather the items on my main and turn them in on a barb shaman alt.

The reward isn't no drop, hoping the quest items aren't either.

Any others?
username17

Shaman Main

Postby Bigcat Daddy-o » Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:19 pm

At your level, I'd target levelling to at least 50 - 55 then hit Sebilis like it was an ice cream cone on a hot day.

Are there many folks doing Sebilis or Western Wastelands? Lots of nice loot out of both of those places to move you to ready for POP.

I'd target the DD bracer (what was the name of that? We all had one. hehe.). Fungi tunic is huge AND fungi staff. I can recall from that time, people asking me why I was walking when we were in a Sebilis camp. It was because I had snared myself with the fungi staff for an extra 15 hp regen! :)

Whole list of stuff from the kunark time that is STILL in high demand and use. BP from the WW dragons is nice for the hp as well. Klandicar and Sontalak drop it IIRC.

Kunark gear was so much better than original that I would definitely just bypass that whole totemic quest series.
Ride free brother.
Bigcat Daddy-o

Server: Xegony

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Rune Etched Icewurm Fang
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Cronikk » Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:30 pm

Cronikk

Server: The Magnificent 7th

Shaman Main
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Mojarda » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:25 pm

Items I remember camping at the appropriate levels up through PoP. Couple of raid drops too. Left off most of the raid stuff that was on my wishlists for the various expansions.

Armor sets:

Totemic - Old world quested & tradeable.
Rune Etched - Old world Planes; Hate & Fear IIRC
Jaundiced Bone - Kunark dropped & tradeable.
Rune Crafter's - Velious quested; Coldain faction; no-drop piece in Kael - can be MQed
PoP Ornate - PoP quested

Shields:

Shiny Brass Shield
Sporestrand Shield - Runneye; Moldmaster
Shield of Falsehood - obtained mid epic quest
Lodizal Shield - Velious quested.
Sarnak Battle Shield - Chardok; semi-zonewide rare.
Tactician's Bulwark - Tactics; a stampeding piglet

Weapons:

Dark Sea Harpoon - Kedge Keep; a fierce impaler
Slime Coated Harpoon - LOIO
Rune Etched Icewurm fang - Kael
Righteousness - SSRA; Rhag Zhezum

Other stuff I remember:

Ring of the Shissar - Luclin quested.
Fungi Tunic - Old Seb; rare drop
Iksar Ceremonial Breastplate - Trakanon's Teeth; Hunter Cycle
Vindi's Chest - Kael;
Golden Efreeti Boots & the rare ring - Efreeti Lord Djarn - SolB
Blight, Hammer of the Scourge - Naggy
Zaharn's Coronet - High Priest Zaharn; Permafrost
Bag of Sewn Evil-Eye - an evil eye; Lower Guk
Crystal Spider Eyes - Velks
Gloves of Control - SSRA; Rhag Moz
Mojarda Spyritwalker
85 Shaman of Avatar Elite
E-Marr
Mojarda

Shaman Main
Ranger - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Funi » Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:08 pm

Is there fabled periods on that server? J-boots would be a nice clicky even if you have to get the quest version.
Funi

Shaman Main

Postby Sowslow » Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:48 pm

Sowslow

Server: The Rathe -> Quellious -> Povar

Shaman Main
Magician - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Funi » Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:00 pm

You're right, I guess you can get either one around the same level.
Funi

Shaman Main

Postby Tharkis » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:48 pm

Mortificator's staff and BSH !
Tharkis

Veteran -

Server: Stormhammer

Shaman Main

Postby Ceniden » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:11 am

Ceniden

Server: Fennin Ro

Shaman Main
Paladin - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby username17 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:41 pm

Woah, I totally forgot I posted this.

Thanks for all the info!

I dinged 51 last night on Al`kabor.
I have a few luclin era raid loot.

Stuff from Burrower, Rumblecrush, Doomshade, VD, and SSRA loot.
I'm so glad i joined the Luclin raiding guild instead of the PoP one.

We're keying up for VP to do some Kunark raiding.

My regen isnt that bad. I got a horse and with Chloro it's not too bad.

I found the Blackened Darksplint armor, Troll Shaman Inoruuk armor.
Going to start working on crafting that.

But at 55 I can start working in PoP ornate stuff.
The guild does a weekly BoT group for spells and molds.

I have Blight, hammer of the scourge.
Some of your suggestions look nice too.

Thanks
username17

Shaman Main

Postby Reiker » Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:46 pm

Reiker

Shaman Main
Monk - Alt/Box

Return to Heyokah's Lodge