[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - AA request list

AA request list

General Discussion for the EverQuest Shaman.

Moderator: Shaman Mods

AA request list

Postby Tharkis » Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:34 pm

Please list here requests and ideas you have for useful or fun or interesting AA ideas for the shaman class, or for any class in general. Helping out with some 'research' =)
Tharkis

Veteran -

Server: Stormhammer

Shaman Main

Re: AA request list

Postby SBBD » Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:31 pm

I'd like to see an AA that when used would prevent us from being summoned for a short time,lets say 30 seconds or a minute.
This ability would give us time to pull that nasty summoning mob,give the tank time to lock aggro or even escape if needed.
I have suggested this before but was shot down by a very rude person,they said this would be abused,if we removed everything in EQ thats been abused we might as well turn our computers off and goto bed because there would be nothing left.
SBBD

Shaman Main
Berserker - Alt/Box
Rogue - Alt/Box

Postby Zama » Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:52 pm

fixed % based canni aa's. the way hp/mana are getting inflated, i get 8-9% mana from aa canni, an aa rez similiar to pally rez might be nice, even if its only something like 85% so we dont encroach on pally territory. and some sort of scr/scrm for our shortbuff timers (wildgrowth, panther line, langour) like abilities with under 6 minutes or so base time. will put in more ideas if i think of any.

Zama

Shaman Main

Postby Huurgh » Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:57 am

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." Robert A. Heinlein
Huurgh

Server: Antonius Bayle

Magician Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Postby Turgor » Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:59 pm

I'd love to see AAs to increase duration of our Langour line. Being an only main shaman on a raid it gets difficult to keep Listlessness on all the tanks and off tanks is quite difficult. Not asking for like an hour or so. Maybe just double the length from 8-ish mins to 16-20mins. Three or four ranks adding 1/4 if the duration (or 2mins) per rank until doubled.

With our new Languid Bite AA, the max base damage is only about 580dmg, I would love to see AAs to increase the damage a couple hundred, maybe to 750-800. Or even leave the damage as is and increase the timer from 30seconds to 45 or 60secs, effectively turning it into a disease dot. Because at 580dmg for 5 ticks every ten mins is just not enough imho.
Turgor

Shaman Main
Berserker - Alt/Box

Postby Mojarda » Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:40 am

Epic clicky AA; same recast - time to let us start banking a 7 expansion old item.
Mojarda Spyritwalker
85 Shaman of Avatar Elite
E-Marr
Mojarda

Shaman Main
Ranger - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Kumudil » Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:43 pm

Recasttime reduction of Malis-AA.

Recasttime reduction of any of the most used like Group-hot-AA or Bear+Spiritual Serenity. Those I often don't use regulary because I am afraid to not have them aviable when needed most. Or enhanced refresh aa actually working on spells only to work on all AAs with a reuse less than 60? minutes or something like that. But this would be maybe to generic and can cause imbalances.
, ,
Kumudil

Shaman Main
Druid - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby HawklordXegony » Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:25 pm

A Canni crit AA. Twice the mana gained for the same amount of HP lost if it crits.
HawklordXegony

Shaman Main
Monk - Alt/Box
Rogue - Alt/Box

Postby fendaann » Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:16 pm

AA- to lower your level by 10 (or what ever it is to shroud too) for 10 min so you can get Ldon instaces eaiser on the fly.
fendaann

Server: Quellious - POVAR

Wizard Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Shadowknight - Alt/Box

Postby Dakota » Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:49 pm

Two big things that come to mind off the top of my head aren't really so much new ideas as bug or balance issues.

One, fix Third Spire so that it doesn't strip or block Focus. Just ditch the overcap buffs and bump the other effects up slightly to compensate.
Two, bump the resist mod on Focus of Arcanum from 25% to 40%. It looks like that AA was intended as a replacement for our since-discontinued BP click. If so, the % needs to be bumped up so that it's an actual replacement.

Now that that's done, other AAs we could be nifty.
Group Shrink AA was already mentioned. I personally think it's a bit unnecessary, but others could get a use of it, so no reason not to include it.
An AA version of Champion would be nice, would free up a spell slot that's been taken up since Kunark, since they keep giving us more and more short-duration buffs.
An AA version of the Epic Click would be nice, obviously sharing the same recast timer with the actual click for balance reason. It's been tossed around on the SoE forums, I think that getting an AA version of the click if you've completed the epic will save on some inventory space.
Dunno how much support a persistant version of Pact of the Wolf would recieve (illusion and buff sticks through zoning and logging), but it's a thought.
An AA line to increase the resist mod on Turgur's Swarm would be awesome. Bringing it up to the level of Balance of Discord I don't think would be that unreasonable.
I've seen people mention a Group Rabid Bear, though the duration would have to be toned down, and I myself don't like the thought of giving a whole group an innate DoT proc when about every other raid event has mezzed mobs, but again, it's an idea.
An AA line for an innate chance to crit Cannibalize (same HP taken, double the mana returned) would be great, especially with the extreme mudflation of gear in SoF and SoD and even the AA canni packs much less of a punch.

More to come as I think of it.
Dakota

Shaman Main
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Turgor » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:03 pm

Being in charge of my guilds dps channel, in which we coordinate mgb's for certain burn events. It seems like we are missing a large sort of mgb type dps booster. I know we already have, which can help by increasing stats and a small HoT, but I was thinking something similar to Champ or our Epic effect, that lasts for 30 to 60 seconds (maybe increased to 60 secs via more AAs).

Possibly a mix of Champ/AA/Epic
and Call it something like Ancestral Gift of the Heyokah

Increase Attack by 120
Increase all skill damage modifier by 12%
Chance to Critical Hit with all Skills by 30%
Increase Str by 150
Increase & Agi by 150
Increase Dex by 150

Recast 60mins or so.
Turgor

Shaman Main
Berserker - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:13 pm

Five more ranks of Mystical Attunement

Ten more ranks of Mnemonic Retention
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby BrieThecheese » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:59 pm

Brie Cheeseheart 75 Necro
Havarti Cheeseheart, 63 Shaman
Fenka Frogheart, 63 SK- Semi retired
Druzzil Ro

Retired for the time being (again)
Grearl Kalu of the Truthbringer, 53 shaman
Renarc Sarikal, 56 druid
Stromm
BrieThecheese

Necromancer Main
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby Kinadorm » Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:50 am

I would like to see something that makes Spirit Walk a permenant buff. Make it have perfected levitation and silent presence as pre reqs.

A second less reliable version of VP that has a fast refresh (few seconds).

Innate preincarnation AA.

Secondary bind.

An aa curse or poison dot.

Racial based mounts. This should prob be some epic like quest but as a 30 cost AA it might be doable.

A reliable way to drop aggro when things go wrong something like maybe self stasis except we turn into a totem or something shaman like.
Kinadorm

Shaman Main
Rogue - Alt/Box
Bard - Alt/Box

Postby Bigcat Daddy-o » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:32 pm

I think 2 levels of PKP AA wouls be perfect.

Level 1: when you see Tharkis, you hit your AA and say out loud 'ah, so cute!' and he converts to PKP model.
Level 2: You can perform the same function from any server in Shaman channel with key phrase 'ah, so cute!'

Yah. that would be a good aa.
Ride free brother.
Bigcat Daddy-o

Server: Xegony

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Tharkis » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:01 pm

Die in a fire.
Tharkis

Veteran -

Shaman Main

Postby Kinadorm » Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:20 pm

Also, I want to add that I hope the next set of AA's don't have such high costs. I know they have to last a year but they high costs just seem discouraging when your working on skill. Especially when the higher ranks offer so little for such a high cost. If the higher ranks offered a more powerful effect then I can see the high cost being justified but that isn't the case.
Kinadorm

Shaman Main
Rogue - Alt/Box
Bard - Alt/Box

Postby Kinadorm » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:43 pm

A few more ideas:

Detrimental Duration Extension
DoT Duration Extension AA
Detrimental Haste AA
DoT Crit AA
AA that gives pet an innate dd proc and innate SoW. Our pet got seriously outpaced in SoD and needs a boost in base stats and AA additions.
AA that makes pet immune to enrage (riposte). I don't think that would be too overpowering but if so then something that makes it stop attacking on enrage automatically like tank mercs.
Group Spirit Walk

Totems
These would be unique to shaman and have functionality like the call of the ancients AA where a stationary object is placed that provides an effect around it. There could be several different AA totems that provided different benefits or effects.
Kinadorm

Shaman Main
Rogue - Alt/Box
Bard - Alt/Box

Postby Cronikk » Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:38 am

I'd like to see something that biases the 'random' part of our focii checks in favour of the upper end. Say 2% shift per rank, with 5 ranks?

ie: a 25% det mana pres focus would check from 10 - 25% per use, rather than 1 - 25%, once all 5 ranks had been purchased.
Cronikk

Server: The Magnificent 7th

Shaman Main
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Yesak » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:05 pm

I would REALLY love to see a secondary bind/gate group of AAs. Not a port or anything but I've been farming augs from Ashengate (still need 2 more 90hp/mana ones for me and 4 more for girlfriend's cleric) and it is a HUGE pain in the ass to run all the way there and to clear all the way to the named. If we could both just have 1 more place to bind/gate it would make things OMG much easier IMO. 8)
"Sometimes you have to face your demons, sometimes the demon is you." - Yesak Demunstorm
Yesak

Server: Prexus

Shaman Main

Postby grakken » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:41 pm

AAs id like ...

AA 75% slow, 10 min duration, 10 min recast, unresistable
AA to make spell canni and /or AA canni instant cast
AA to make unity group and single instant cast
AA to make your next spell cast instant and guarenteed crit (if thats applicable) 3-5 min cooldown
AA to allow u somehow to heal hott target instead of target
AA that pierces (even if minutely) slow mitigation
AA line like gift of magic % chance to proc that makes your next spell instant cast
AA cripple of sorts
AA champion ... cause omg who isnt sick of having to keep that ancient spell up all the time
AA to make proc buffs (lynx) instant
AA listlessness with 75% slow def proc duration/recast such its only castable on one person
AA with LONG reuse that does something uberiffic for melees ... I wanna be able to have Burn power, in the form of a melee enhancer. Maybe Group rapid bear
AA for EVERY veteran AA ... i think its dumb that these are only attained through duration
AA for mitigation that actually works ( im sick of because we have slow we've been nerfed to not be able to take a hit)

If i think of more ill post
those are just off the top of my head while raiding
grakken

Shaman Main

Postby grakken » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:48 pm

haiden just gave me another idea

AA that passively moves avg focus from healing or damage to the high deviation ... either in the form of %chance to get the max ... or make the minimum 5-10-25% of the max focus benefit etc ...
grakken

Shaman Main

Postby Turgor » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:18 pm

Turgor

Shaman Main
Berserker - Alt/Box

Postby grakken » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:39 pm

grakken

Shaman Main

Postby grakken » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:45 pm

AA to make call of the Wild instant with full mana full health, and no rez sickness ... Same cooldown, still not a % rez
grakken

Shaman Main

Postby Brohg » Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:50 pm

Supporting AA to reduce the cast time of cannis would be great. Both varieties, Cannibalize AA and Ancestral spell cannis.

Any and all enhancements to Virulent Paralysis are welcome.

Ditto dots. Quick DoT aa to accompany Quick Buff. Instant dots like dru and sk and bst cast now would be even better obviously, but that's more a spell thing not AA.

Overall, I want AAs to make me do what I already do - better. I'm less than 100% thrilled through my core when new abilities pop up, because I'm pretty much hypersaturated on options atm. I can't keep all my options available already with 4 hotbutton bars, the spell bar, and the potion belt. Turgurs was good, it replaced an already existing button. First Spire was good, because it's powerful. Other things have not been as good.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby harlybear » Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:32 pm

Tradeskills aa that allows us to further increase caps to say 400 ish

Malos idol aa with realistic reuse times

second chance mgb, each teir allows you a chance for your mgb to reset after a cast

proc added to ansestral aid ( lynx comes to mind)

rabid bear swarm pet

fix spire rnk 3

gift of make the name shorter than exqusitie radiant abidexterous antidisistablishmenterianism mana

some shaman auras would be nice also........
harlybear

Server: Povar

Shaman Main
Berserker - Alt/Box
Paladin - Alt/Box

Postby Sowslow » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:57 pm

aa to reduce reuse time on mgb
Sowslow

Server: The Rathe -> Quellious -> Povar

Shaman Main
Magician - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby riverwindd » Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:16 am

Improved Champion - Upgrade from the current champion spell that we got with longer duration.

An aa that can turn our spirit wolf into a spirit bear which can proc disease dd or dot.

Spell casting reinforcement exquisite mastery.. my gosh.
riverwindd

Shaman Main
Druid - Alt/Box

Postby moscato » Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:34 am

more short use and reuse melee enhancements. spirit strike or the like for an innate proc. spirit might for dmg mod increase. would like more things to keep rogues stabbing w/ some kind of bell and whistle to keep them interested.

hastened spiritual channeling.

hastened forceful rejuventation.

some way to change werewolf illusion. a set illusion for each race. scaled wolf for iksar, white bear for barb, etc. i'd pay 30 aa for this. hell, i'd pay 100.

some way to change spam dogs into something other than wispy wolves. scaled wolf for iksar, white bear for barb, etc.

some way to change rabid bear into a racial specific. scaled wolf for iksar, white bear for barb, etc.

a long recast debuff that has some serious teeth.

a long recast w/ a severe cost group heal. hell, since we are shooting for the stars, make it instant cast.
moscato

Server: lfg on maelin

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Haiden » Sun May 17, 2009 5:23 pm

I would like to see an AA that reduces the reuse on our slow AA line. I would also like to see Quick Canni back as an AA. With all of the mana refreshs we get durring raids it is alomst pointless to have the spell Canni memmed and I think that an instant cast but smaller canni would be the perfect balance solution to this.
Haiden

Server: Maelin Starpyre

Shaman Main
Paladin - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Whitman » Mon May 18, 2009 3:22 am

Ah, so cute!
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.
~Voltaire
Whitman

Ranger Main

Postby Ughbash » Mon May 18, 2009 7:31 am

Like to see an upgrade to our slow AA that changed it from Magic to Chromatic.
Tunares' Froggie Shaman,
Hipitey Hop [Watchkeepers]
Ughbash

Veteran --

Server: tunare

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Jaraman » Mon May 18, 2009 9:27 am

AA unresistable disease debuff + cripple
higher ranks increase amount of debuffs

AA to make our DOTs Area of Effect for a limited time :twisted:

AA to increase number of spellsets: if we can't have more spellbars or spellslots, this is the next best thing

The best solution is not either/or, but best-of.
Jaraman

Veteran -

Server: The Rathe

Postby fendaann » Mon May 18, 2009 12:43 pm

Me and another Sham were talking about the AA-slow and AA-malo we now have
we noticed that the AA-slow had a shorter refresh then the AA-malo. We thought maybe new AA's would come out that shorted the AA-malo re-cast time.

aa to reduce recast time on (AA-malo)
fendaann

Server: Quellious - POVAR

Wizard Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Shadowknight - Alt/Box

Postby Zeone » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:56 pm

there are alot of places to get a shaman aa list. I always say start off with ur healing spells, HP, Mana, and so forth
Zeone

Shaman Main

Postby Dakota » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:24 am

Elidroth wrote:
OK.. So now is the time to start hitting up your community leaders with new AA ideas.
Please don't send them directly to me unless you REALLY want them to get lost in the continual PM's I get blasted with on a daily basis.

Are the CLs compiling a list or re-opening this thread or whatnot? It looks like it's a different Dev this time than it was back in Feb, so anything Tharkis or whoever sent back then is probably gone.
Dakota

Shaman Main
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Kumudil » Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:22 pm

Fastcanni AA which would obsolete spellcanni and can be cast between 2 spells.
Kumudil

Shaman Main
Druid - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Tharkis » Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:09 pm

Feel free to keep putting your ideas in this thread. We've got a new AA dev since Nodyin moved on to DCUO so i'll be re-sending this whole list + any other new ideas to him.
Tharkis

Veteran -

Shaman Main

Postby Ughbash » Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:09 pm

Just an AA thought I had for ALL classes. I posted it on Monkly but since its for all classes will open myself up to ridicule here also.

Epic AA. For a cost of 5/10 you could get an AA version of your classes Epic Click that was on the same timer as your Epic Click. The first rank of it is equivalent to 1.5, the second rank of it is equivalent to 2.0. They are talking about putting the focus into an aug, this would allow them to also give us a means of a click without having to drag aroudn the epic.

This would NOT require you to have youre Epic. There is not that much reason to go back and do old epics now anyways. The cost means that basically if you DID your epic (due to the 5 bonus poitns for 1.5 and 10 bonus points for 2.0) you effectivley would have gotten this AA for free.

For me this would mean I would no longer need to carry around my monks 2.5 in an inventory slot for the click.
Ughbash

Veteran --

Server: tunare

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Next

Return to Heyokah's Lodge