[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Buffing

Buffing

General Discussion for the EverQuest Shaman.

Moderator: Shaman Mods

Buffing

Postby citrus » Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:28 pm

As a fairly new shaman on the Erollisi Marr server - I'm just getting to where I can buff and do MGB's. I notice that there are very few shaman who MGB on the server. Usually it's the same shaman everytime and people are begging constantly for shaman buffs. Before I start doing buffs I wanted to check and see if there was a reason for this so I don't step on any toes. No violating the shaman union rules for me.

Thank you
citrus

Shaman Main

Re: Buffing

Postby Dakota » Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:28 pm

When it comes to MGBs in the lobby, my personal opinion is that if people want shaman buffs, they should invite the shaman to come along and group with them. This might be a holdover from the dark days of GoD in which shamans could rarely get groups but people always wanted their buffs, but it's the attitude about it I currently hold today. Every once in a while I'll pop a MGB in the lobby, but unless it's a friend or guildy I never respond to random tells from random people wanting their buffs, or if I do, it's to encourage them to find and group with an actual shaman.
Dakota

Shaman Main
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Tordail » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:21 pm

I used to play on E. Marr. I came from Karana (and then The Rathe) where public MGB'ing was common, so it was an interesting adjustment to make coming into E. Marr's culture. I think it's just a server-specific thing; public MGB's happen on the server I'm on now (The Tribunal) but they're relatively rare. I almost always buff those who ask, unless I'm in a rush or on my way to a raid. Public MGB'ing stopped for me when I started raiding, as I need my MGB ready to go for my guild. I wouldn't worry about stepping on anyone's toes. Anybody who has a problem with you buffing is welcome to their opinion - but you pay the same $14.99 per month that they do. Buff to your heart's content.
~
Tordail

Veteran -

Server: Luclin

Shaman Main

Postby Yesak » Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:38 pm

I played on Prexus and would buff in the lobby quite often. About once a week or so, sometimes more often I'd just sit there and buff for an hour or so. Most of the time it was because I was chatting with friends and didnt really feel like going and killing anything. I'd throw on my wood elf illusion and dual wield swords to look like a ranger casting shaman buffs. I got a huge kick out of people being confused. I didnt feel obligated nor did I require a donation (i refused donations most of the time unless i was getting really low on plat), but most people loved that I was casting rank 3 unity.

Would normally get the same group of people hitting me up for buffs and it was nice to see the same names pop up every week. Also, I found it MUCH faster to get other buffs (enchanter in particular) if you were buffing already. Would normally get it in 5 mins with a conversation like this:

Me: Casting rank 3 unity at magus until I can find some enchanter buffs
Random person: I have a chanter bot that I could buff you with if you throw some unity my way
Me: Hell yeah!

As far as MGBs go, they were rare and I didnt cast them unless I was on during a non raid day or in the middle of the day when I know MGB would be up for raids.

Just some thoughts 8)
"Sometimes you have to face your demons, sometimes the demon is you." - Yesak Demunstorm
Yesak

Server: Prexus

Shaman Main

Postby Frakass » Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:45 am

MGB unity seems to be happening alot in lobby, sometimes you will see 4 or 5 in an hour during evenning.
Frakass

Server: Antonius Bayle

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Bigcat Daddy-o » Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:34 pm

I am usually only in guild lobby the 10-15 seconds I am waiting for guild hall to load. I don't raid any more but do have MGB. Hmm. Maybe I will start throwing it out .

'MGB unity in 10 seconds by the big chair'. Wonder how many "WAIT FOR ME!" tells I would get.

:)
Ride free brother.
Bigcat Daddy-o

Server: Xegony

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Return to Heyokah's Lodge