[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - shammy's soloing fos named?

shammy's soloing fos named?

General Discussion for the EverQuest Shaman.

Moderator: Shaman Mods

shammy's soloing fos named?

Postby rildoen » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:01 pm

Heyas
Ive attempted fos named on numerous occaisons with my t3 tank merc, and dog dog, and im just not gettin it done.
anyone have any suggestions, would i be better off with cleric merc while i tank em?, oh, im a 85 shammy with 2k plus aa's
im geared in elegant cultural with sublime, average round 20k hp 3k ac selfbuffed only,
anyone doing this on a regular basis? would love to be able to get my hands on some essences for t3 gear i work night shift
not many folks on any suggestions would be appreciated thanks =)
rildoen

Shaman Main

Re: shammy's soloing fos named?

Postby Yesak » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:56 pm

Would be really hard with only t3 tank. And I dont think your gear is good enough to tank it with t3 cleric merc although it might be easier with that over tank merc. The problems would be simply doing enough dmg before the cleric merc goes OOM, or a few bad rounds and you bite the dust before cleric merc lands the heal. With t3 tank merc, the main problem again is doing damage. You *might* be able to keep it alive if you work really hard at healing it, but merc DPS is pretty bad and it would take forever to kill. Should have plenty of mana to do this but if you get a few bad rounds or some bad luck with no crit heals and you might be screwed. Best bet is to work on t4 progression and t5 if possible. Will make it ALOT easier to go after named. I had t5 tank and I could take out FoS reasonably easily.

Good luck! 8)
"Sometimes you have to face your demons, sometimes the demon is you." - Yesak Demunstorm
Yesak

Server: Prexus

Shaman Main

Postby Bigcat Daddy-o » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:49 pm

What Yesak said, or try to get at least one other person along. named spawn a LOT in FOS, and there are quite often people running around killing the various animals. If you see a named up, and a person, shoot them a tell like 'lets hook up for this named', then roll on it. Half of some essences is probably gonna beat all of none. :)

Unless your server is different but any time I have been out in FOS there were people running about killing stuff. In some cases they may be raid people just grabbing some solo xp. Shoot them a tell saying 'can you give me a hand with this named'. they might want to rol for the essence on one of their twinks, or even just give you the essence.

Basically at the place you are at with your shaman, you'd be best off to group a bit. And definetely try to bump out those VOIDs if you can. spam the zone for help or to join a mission.

Are any of the FOS named root rottable? Sorry I don't recall. I do recall that when I was first doing that area I avoided that fricking crow. There are some named that are easier than others there.

Hope some of this was helpful and good luck! What server are you on?
Ride free brother.
Bigcat Daddy-o

Server: Xegony

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Sowslow » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:00 pm

I think you should be able to do some of the named, maybe not Fluttershade with the silence.
Make sure your tank hasn't used his disc already, this helps a lot. Not sure exactly what you are trying, but try to get in all debuffs including cripple. Try to use AA heals in between dps spells. Once merc burns a disc, start casting the dots as their healing requirements are lower. I don't think I tried any named solo w/merc until T4 but I was able to kill a few then. It was challenging and I did die a few times thinking it would be easier than it was. Not saying it will be easy and a few bad rounds could wipe you, but do think it is doable.
Sowslow

Server: The Rathe -> Quellious -> Povar

Shaman Main
Magician - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Frakass » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:09 pm

I'm able to solo (without merc) most FoS nameds now.they hit alot less hard with good AC.
Frakass

Server: Antonius Bayle

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Yesak » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:15 pm

Frak, bro... you have over 5k AC according to your magelo and it is unbuffed. The OP said he has 3k AC self buffed. With the best buffs he *might* get to 3.5k but at that AC he's not going to be able to do what you do. :P
Yesak

Server: Prexus

Shaman Main

Postby Retron » Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:20 am

Retron

Server: Antonius Bayle (ex-VS)

Shaman Main
Beastlord - Alt/Box

Postby Frakass » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:28 am

Frakass