[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - PL'ing with my shaman problem

PL'ing with my shaman problem

General Discussion for the EverQuest Shaman.

Moderator: Shaman Mods

PL'ing with my shaman problem

Postby Bigcat Daddy-o » Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:14 pm

So, PL'ing a bard up and having a problem with my usual tactic.

Typically I would DS the shaman, get agro with him then just stand there while the PL'ee would try to poke each of the mobs that I had pulled with the shaman and get the xp.

Problem is I maxed out casting subtlety on the shaman and now can't hold agro from the bards teensy dot song....

I have been throwing out the Malos totem, Tigirs, and other non damage stuff I could think of and can't hold agro for long. Even healing doesn't seem to get their attention much.

Any suggestions regarding better ways to hold agro with the shaman? This killing stuff one at a time with the bard is killing me!

Tia
Ride free brother.
Bigcat Daddy-o

Server: Xegony

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Re: PL'ing with my shaman problem

Postby Cromagnon » Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:40 pm

Lassitude / Sloth defensive proc buff should do it easy for ya Bigcat... hope that helps
By Account:
Notfit 82 Gnome Enchanter
Cromagnon 82 Ogre Warrior
Mahlon 71 Dark Elf Wizard
----------------------------------
Dartil 90 Capri Wearing Druid
Cromkins 71 Ogre Beastlord
Locusta 66 Drakkin Rogue
Cromagnon

Druid Main
Enchanter - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Sowslow » Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:28 pm

Can also use Grezan's Drowse, it has short duration and pretty good aggro and isn't limited to a specific number of mobs, as far as I know, like Tigir. I also try to cripple each mob, it helps keep aggro.
Sowslow

Server: The Rathe -> Quellious -> Povar

Shaman Main
Magician - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Geal Icehammer » Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:30 am

Flash of light is high agro if I recall. Single target but fast casting and 3 sec recast. Only problem is if they aren't in melee range already they walk off in random directions.
Geal Icehammer

Shaman Main
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Kumudil » Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:59 am

What level is bard now, where are you heading at?
Til around 50 just tankmerc and plow wherever you like. Its fun and likely faster than any DS-Tanking from shaman.

Than til around 60 naddox should be nice for this kind of leveling.
I think any pulse of malo-palo will add to aggro, wait until mobs are low on health before starting ae-song.

Once 61 and full buffed go to COD and do it the other way around.
Corner the Bard nice, Hot, Panter, Mages defensive proc, DS from Mage his own DS-Songs .. should be good for 15+ AAs per lesson.

If nothing of this fits, get you your and procc some PBAE-stuns. That will help your aggro for sure ;)

What song are you using? Take one with hight resist mod and low damage like:
Chords of Dissonance
1: Decrease Hitpoints by 2 (L2) to 23 (L85) per tick if target is not moving
Resist: Magic
Resist Adjust: -100
Skill: Stringed

If you still get aggro take off all gear with string-mod to reduce further the damage.
Finally evident but: /stopsong will do wonder. If you play a pbae-song with high resist mod, you will hit all mobs in range with just 1 running pulse. That is enought for the xp.
, ,
Kumudil

Server: Antonius Bayle

Shaman Main
Druid - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Zama » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:47 pm

probally one of my 3 favorite spells, use "hungry plague", its a viral slow, that recasts like once every 6 seconds which is a sure thing to build up your aggro fast as hell. its a shame you really cant use it much on raids, or else youll get aggro and die.

Zama

Shaman Main

Postby eqjunkie » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:41 pm

Your likely to get faster xp charm kiting than trying to powerlevel with the shaman. Charm kiting involves mezzing one of a swarm of mobs then you selo's away so the mezzed mob is separated from the pack then you dash back in nice and close (because they still have yet to increase the range on our songs from its paltry 30/40 range) and charm the mob then pet attack one of the mobs at which point it should get raped by the pack and then when its around 5-10% health invis & fade and chant it to death for the win. Then its just a matter of rinse and repeat. It takes a bit of practice but once you get used to it its relatively fast xp.

Handy tools you might want to get for charm kiting is Tiny Cloak of Darkest Night (Ranged slot fast cast invis clicky from Fungus Grove), and Clicky Selo's AA and Total Domination AA, also handy are critical affliction AA's so your chants hit for more damage.

These days its far easier to do it (with worn intrument mods) than back in the day when we had to swap instruments in and out to boost the damage component of the dots for the song type. But its fun once you get into the rhythm (pun intended) 8-)
eqjunkie

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Bard - Alt/Box

Postby Technics » Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:56 am

I would use DS to PL my buddy in Grieg's End when he was like in the 50's. I would only use Listlessness while I was rounding everything up so it would just keep me topped off. I also found that Ward of Restoration (our self damage absorb then hot spell) works very well for power leveling so you don't need to worry about health or even to cast a hot on yourself. I would train to a corner and with my max DS on (Ro's Breath potion, Skinspikes potion, Tunare belt clicky, and Stormeye Band clicky) I would just keep sitting down until I got to like 30% hp, cast intervention, usually crits me to full hp and keep going that way keeping myself topped off while sitting to make sure everything gets hit with the DS quickly. Blast heals and sitting agro should easily keep their attention on you.
Technics

Shaman Main

Return to Heyokah's Lodge