[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Upcoming spells in Underfoot

Upcoming spells in Underfoot

General Discussion for the EverQuest Shaman.

Moderator: Shaman Mods

Upcoming spells in Underfoot

Postby Retron » Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:00 am

Thanks to whomever deleted my last thread - much appreciated, I don't think. The Underfoot spells are visible for all to see on Live, thanks to Lucy's parser - everyone can see them, regardless of whether they've agreed to an NDA!
I'm not in beta, I've not agreed to any NDA and thus surely I, and others who aren't in beta, should be able to discuss them as much as needed.

Ahem.

So, we're still stuck with .

L83 - a Lassitude style slow and non-stackable regen spell, 5 ticks duration.
L84 - a viral Malo, great for killing youself and/or your group/raid.
L85 - a really expensive nuke that casts our current ice spell.
L85 - a Lassitude style slow which can proc either an AE Lassitude style slow, an AE snare or an AE large AC debuff.

If you check out the "stacking" links on our AA spells you'll see new ranks of many of our acticvated AAs too, including this upgrade to Rabid Bear. I really wish they'd actually upgrade the DPS and/or HoT on that, it used to be a great little melee DPS booster.

I'd urge the mods or whomever not to delete this thread, considering the info's public domain and all - at least it'll prepare people for the inevitable moans should the spells go live as is! If you're in beta, great, but that shouldn't mean the rest of us can't discuss what's coming up.
Retron

Server: Antonius Bayle (ex-VS)

Shaman Main
Beastlord - Alt/Box

Re: Upcoming spells in Underfoot

Postby WaringMcMarrin » Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:13 am

I locked the thread because I asked that people who have actually had a chance to see the spells in action discuss them on the beta forums because they are hard to judge from just looking at spell data that may or may not be out of date because of changes on beta that lucy does not show.

WaringMcMarrin

Veteran -

Server: The Tribunal(Ayonae Ro)

Shaman Main
Monk - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:14 am

The ice nuke you mention still has the Healing Twincast on it in the 11/09/09 data. And casts in 1.5sec. The older 0.5 would be better, but still. 1000 extra mana to cast Ice Sheet 4 sec faster and get Healing Twincast so you don't fall irrecoverably behind on healing... is at least debatable, not dross. Without an extraordinary recast delay, that even qualifies as a mana burning damage tool, the dps would be pretty high.

Healing Counterbias at level 83 takes more clicking to read through, but appears to be a single target slow with a huge HoT. "Increase Hitpoints by 1557 (L1) to 3600 (L342) per tick" is the rank 2 version, that's over double Halcyon Whisper at the same rank. My expectation is that its usability depends on whether you can count on that HoT every time. Can't know that from here in the cheap seats.

Viral Malo I doubt I'll use, since I'm pretty happy with the usability of our current Malo totem, but others have been asking for this for ages. Virals are what they are. /shrug

The splash? I'm on the fence. It's sort've a way to have shm stack better on raids, since that's obviously going to be the venue of highest value on a huge AC debuff, but the other two effects seem like such throwaways. Slow we do better other ways, and snare needs to be reliable to be of any use.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby dohrian » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:48 am

Hello,

I second Retron, I am also not in Beta but I am interested to see upcoming spells.
I still fail to see where our pet and / or dps upgrade is addressed.
, Master alchemist / baker / brewer / fletcher / jeweler / potter / smith / tailor
dohrian

Server: Karana -> Ayonae Ro -> Tribunal -> Bristle

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box

Postby Retron » Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:46 am

I see the new ranks of Spirit Call have a greater than 60 second duration. I bet that's already been nerfed on beta!

As for Glorious Favour, if it does still cast Healing Twincast then it's not all bad (note the 30-second recast btw, to prevent having Twincast up all the time). However, I suspect that ice nuke is just a placeholder and it'll change before release, as otherwise it's a plink spell for DPS - something really just to trigger Twincast.

Healing Counterbias would be brilliant if they would move the regen into slot 2, say, which would mean it won't knock off our regular regen. It's amusing too that the spell scales to L342, I daresay we'll never see it at its full potential!

I also bet that Rabid Bear won't get a decent boost - the HoT part (arguably the most useful part) has gone from 350, to 500, to 550, then to 560 (SoD) and 570 (UF). It's clearly out of whack, but the devs seem completely indifferent to it. Likewise taking the "added to every melee hit" bit from 22 to 23 is beyond useless - come on devs, give us a noticeable upgrade!

Doh - I suspect pet DPS is a lost cause until the next level cap raise, but by gum if I get into beta for that one I'll be going flat out to get our pet restored to parity with the SK / Encs again. To have had something and then to have lost it really grates.
Retron

Server: Antonius Bayle (ex-VS)

Shaman Main
Beastlord - Alt/Box

Postby Samanna » Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:27 am

Any information that SOE pushes out to clients is not under NDA.

Speculation based on non-NDA information is not under NDA.

Discussion among beta people can happen in parallel to what the larger community says about data not restricted to NDA people.

I don't understand the confusion.
Samanna

Veteran -----

Server: Prexus

Shaman Main

Postby Gwaeron » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:25 pm

I'm not terribly impressed by the spells/aa for this expansion, while they are alright, its certainly not what I would expect from an expansion where they didn't raise the level cap. I just got my email though so I may change my opinion after testing them out some.
, , ,
Gwaeron

Server: Cazic-Thule Server

Shaman Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Paladin - Alt/Box

Postby godlik » Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:21 pm

Hey guys, anyone have an actual spell list AA list? Been looking all over for em since they lifted NDA, I work alot and didnt have the opprotunity to do beta this expansion, Thanks.
godlik

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Beastlord - Alt/Box

Postby Kumudil » Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:30 pm

for a short list have a look at sordas post here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=7031&p=94201
, ,
Kumudil

Server: Antonius Bayle

Shaman Main
Druid - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Return to Heyokah's Lodge