[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - fairly new shaman

fairly new shaman

General Discussion for the EverQuest Shaman.

Moderator: Shaman Mods

Re: fairly new shaman

Postby Ughbash » Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:31 pm

Did not mean to imply that I meleed with the shaman, I don't. He is grouped with my monk which is what I meant by if I am the only melee.

My group is usually either Monk Shaman Cleric Wizard in which case I don't use Lynx, or Monk Shaman Ranger Mage Merc Healer in which case I do use lynx.
Tunares' Froggie Shaman,
Hipitey Hop [Watchkeepers]
Ughbash

Veteran --

Server: tunare

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Trenolis » Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:16 pm

Presently I group with a pally (who boxes a cleric) a chanter (who boxes a wizzie) and me who plays a bst and boxes the shaman. We're fairly effective as a group. Usually the pally pulls with the chanter doing CC if he gets adds. If not the chanter pre-slows then adds his own debuffs as I lead in with heal counter cripple and malo. While my hotkey fires off the 3 spells, I switch over to my bst and get her into position for melee. I listen to my shaman voice macros (uses a skelly ilussion so I can tell when he casts a spell). While spells are casting from the shaman hotkeys I do dmg with bst. I switch over to shaman for heals. Most named fall easily when we group... at least in fungal forest.
Trenolis

Server: Down the rabbit hole

Beastlord Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Trenolis » Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:42 pm

After looking up Union of Spirits and Ancestral Aid, I see why so many are advocating it. I've bought 6 ranks in Ancestral Aid and 1 in Union of Spirits. AA come fast for me in UF at least so I should be able to max both soon... I hope.

I feel like I'm forgetting something AA heal-wise.

Healing adept: Complete
Healing Gift 17/21
Healing Boon 6(?)/15 (might be more)
Ancestral Aid 6/15
Union of Spirits 1/12
Call of the Ancients 2//8
Abundant Healing 8/15
Cascade of Life 1/3

Also does anyone have any idea how many aa per rank of any of these AA?
Trenolis

Beastlord Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:51 am

Fortified Intervention isn't on that list, and needs to be. It's major.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Trenolis » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:38 pm

What is that and what does it do?
Trenolis

Beastlord Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Tordail » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:13 pm

It's an AA that decreases both the cast time and recast time of and, I believe, . Those are our emergency rescue heals.
~
Tordail

Veteran -

Server: Luclin

Shaman Main

Postby Trenolis » Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:05 pm

Trenolis

Beastlord Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:54 pm

Yes
Brohg

Veteran ----

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Tordail » Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:54 pm

I haven't bothered to test it either, just assumed they were. No way we'd get two emergency heals that could be cast back-to-back.
Tordail

Veteran -

Shaman Main

Postby Trenolis » Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:41 pm

I really appreciate the time everyone is taking to answer my questions. :D

If anyone is on the Erollis Marr/The Nameless server please feel free to send me a tell if you need any help with anything. I can box or handle most content up to Korafax and maybe some of UF t6 stuff.
Trenolis

Beastlord Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Tordail » Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:24 am

Ooh, you're on E. Marr? I used to play on that server before I came to Tribunal/Bristlebane. Lot of good people there. :)
Tordail

Veteran -

Shaman Main

Postby Trenolis » Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:57 pm

Trenolis

Beastlord Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Trenolis » Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:11 am

It's hard to let go of my bst but I'm leaning more towards being a full-time shaman everytime I play. My bst has been around since I started playing back in July of '02. Maybe one of these days I'll settle on one or the other but for now I play both equally with my bst getting only a very little bit more time.

I haven't updated my magelo but I've bought more ranks of Union of Spirits. Nevermind, I had a momentary brain laspe. Stupid me forgot there was a hastened aa for union. :oops:

I still feel like I'm forgetting something...
Trenolis

Beastlord Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Tordail » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:07 pm

Tordail

Veteran -

Shaman Main

Postby Ughbash » Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:02 am

Ughbash

Veteran --

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Jaraman » Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:42 am

I feel like a fairly new shaman, returning to an advanced game. Ancestral Intervention looks to be an important tool. One more level to go to get it.

Btw, besides Lucy, what was the name of that other site where spell details were listed... something like "kumbaya.com"... Thanks.

The best solution is not either/or, but best-of.
Jaraman

Veteran -

Server: The Rathe

Postby Tordail » Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:30 am

Tordail

Veteran -

Shaman Main

Postby Brohg » Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:12 pm

raidloot.com/spells
Brohg

Veteran ----

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Ughbash » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:22 am

Ughbash

Veteran --

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Tordail » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:15 am

I love Healing Counterbias (though I really wish it had a "wear off" message). It's SO nice in Convorteum groups when the cleric needs an AFK. Between that, Halcyon Whisper, Frost Gift and AI in case things get funky, I have little problem healing. :)
Tordail

Veteran -

Shaman Main

Postby Jaraman » Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:10 pm

Thanks for the mentions Ughbash. I have the Spirit Walk AA. Bobino yesterday ran me through the tasks to get my T5 merc, and a hotkey invis was super handy. Between the Malo AA and hotkey bandoliering my TA in and out, that frees up spell slots.

AI is high on the list. I'm a ways yet from 83, but what's the mechanics behind Counterbias? Is it a buff you cast on your MT, which then procs a slow on mobs that attack the MT, while also proccing a HOT on the MT? Or do you cast it on the mob to slow it, and then anyone the MOB hits gets the HOT? And so how do all these HOTS stack now -- Anc Aid, Languor, CB, epic, Halcyon... Seems to me between all the stacking and AI that healing is solid now, as Tordail is saying.

You also didn't mention Totem. That to me looks to be a game-changer =) I never did get my FD ring from Sky (nor the clicky shield root, for that matter). So having some way to shed aggro sounds great to me.
Jaraman

Veteran -

Postby Tordail » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:17 pm

Tordail

Veteran -

Shaman Main

Postby Sowslow » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:43 pm

Sowslow

Server: The Rathe -> Quellious -> Povar

Shaman Main
Magician - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Trenolis » Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:03 am

Trenolis

Beastlord Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Tordail » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:12 am

Tordail

Veteran -

Shaman Main

Postby Trenolis » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:00 pm

How could I forget about spell casting subtly? I realized that mistake during a BB raid.

Anyone know roughly how many aa to buy it? I mean to max the line.
Trenolis

Beastlord Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Tordail » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:58 am

Tordail

Veteran -

Shaman Main

Postby Jaraman » Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:16 pm

Glad to hear someone else thinks along the same line.... I started to get subtlety, back when I was forming Creator grps, then realized, "wait, why?!" There were more useful times when that snap aggro was useful, to save others in the group, as Jara was beefier than he looked.

I used to make a game out of trying to gank aggro from some overconfident necros. Fun times. Of course, for those times when you didn't want aggro, there were plenty of options available... knowing the mechanics of the game is 110% more productive than blind reliance on certain AA's, yes?
Jaraman

Veteran -

Postby Trenolis » Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:01 pm

Actually I would do that if Trenolis was more like my bst. However, I'm treating my shaman as a healer/support/dps rather than melee/tank like my bst. (my bst has actually out-tanked some plate classes at times) Until I beef up Trenolis to where he can survive longer than a wet noodle in a hurricane, I'm going to play him as a non-attention grabbing caster.
Trenolis

Beastlord Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Henora » Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:09 pm

, shaman of - Terris Thule ( now The Rathe )
Henora

Server: Terris Thule > Prexus > The Rathe

Shaman Main
Druid - Alt/Box

Postby dohrian » Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:24 pm

Totem is an AA from UF expansion (85 required maybe) that allows you to take form of a totem for 30 secs and drop aggro (but you can do almost nothing in this time, only thing is pop a merc), at the end you revert to your form (and so may aggro mobs is they are near...
Very handy AA, but 10 or 15 minutes recast.
, Master alchemist / baker / brewer / fletcher / jeweler / potter / smith / tailor
dohrian

Server: Karana -> Ayonae Ro -> Tribunal -> Bristle

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box

Postby Tordail » Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:18 pm

Yes, the full name is Inconspicuous Totem. :) Wonderful AA.
Tordail

Veteran -

Shaman Main

Postby Henora » Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:11 pm

Ahh very nice. I had glossed over that, reading the title and thinking it had something to do with our idol spells for some reason. Every time I open the AA window I find ones I had not noticed before.

Too bad it is level 85, friends and I are taking it slow to experience the lower level content. I wish there was a cool list of "interesting / high risk vs reward things to do" in each expansion. It's a struggle to find all the neat/required things after leaving in PoR.
Henora

Server: Terris Thule > Prexus > The Rathe

Shaman Main
Druid - Alt/Box

Postby Trenolis » Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:48 pm

I love Totem too. It' saved my group from complete wipes many times. One of the nice things about it is that it's a fade aa rather than a FD aa. The only real problem I have with it is you're unable to take any sort of action for 30 seconds and has a 15 mins recast timer. My bst has her play possum aa and it's nice EXCEPT for the high failure rate and 30 second recast timer.
Trenolis

Beastlord Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Trenolis » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:46 pm

Now that the NDA has been lifted I can ask questions and maybe answer a few about HoT.

I didn't pay as much attention to our new aa as I should have since I was mainly trying to beta test for my bst, however isanyone who was in HoT beta able to answer a question for me? Aside from the new levels of heal aa (which is what I'm mostly interested in cause my shaman is mainly a healer/buff/debuff type) are there any aa I really should focus on getting?
Trenolis

Beastlord Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Tordail » Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:33 pm

There are several nice new AA going in with House of Thule, namely a massive Cannibalization AA and Hastened Cannibalization. Those are tops on my list, along with a new AE cripple, extended pestilence (it'll become a passive ability with HoT!), another rank of Inconspicuous Totem and another rank of Turgur's Swarm. We also get the usual "boost" AA such as the ones you mentioned.
Tordail

Veteran -

Shaman Main

Postby Trenolis » Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:35 pm

Our new group spell Qirik's Recourse, is it able to be subject to our twinheal spells? I don't know if it's a fluke or what, but I seem to crit heal with it a lot. I've been testing it only in the lobby since I haven't gotten any groups after getting the spell. My heal gift is 17/24 atm.
Trenolis

Beastlord Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Trenolis » Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:45 pm

I've been playing with Qirik's Recourse and just love it. With an 18 sec recast timer and a 1 sec cast time and able to hit all group members, it's making me feel like a cleric. The spell is a welcome addition to our healing repetoire. I still haven't tried to play with the spell along with frost gift yet.
Trenolis

Beastlord Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby dohrian » Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:58 am

dohrian

Server: Karana -> Ayonae Ro -> Tribunal -> Bristle

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box