[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Where are all the shamans???

Where are all the shamans???

General Discussion for the EverQuest Shaman.

Moderator: Shaman Mods

Re: Where are all the shamans???

Postby Tordail » Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:34 pm

We're on Bristlebane now bud )
~
Tordail

Veteran -

Server: Luclin

Shaman Main

Postby Huurgh » Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:27 pm

I used the server merges to move fom BB to AB with my guild, fortunatly my name war free. Only my magelo number is gone. And lag went from 220+ down to 60 :)
Finally finished my smithing skill, for now and started to make stalwart cultural armor.

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." Robert A. Heinlein
Huurgh

Server: Antonius Bayle

Magician Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Postby Survivar » Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:59 pm

Survivar

Server: Xegony

Shaman Main
Rogue - Alt/Box

Postby Jaraman » Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:26 am

Well, the bug has bitten, and here I am downloading Esc to Norrath on new laptop... Jaraman and bots have ways to go being a *lowly* 75...

The best solution is not either/or, but best-of.
Jaraman

Veteran -

Server: The Rathe

Postby Lestumpette » Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:30 am

lol @Jaraman ... this thread and to some extent the server merge started me playing again :)
Lestumpette

Server: Tunare

Shaman Main

Postby Ughbash » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:20 am

Tunares' Froggie Shaman,
Hipitey Hop [Watchkeepers]
Ughbash

Veteran --

Server: tunare

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Samanna » Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:58 pm

Haha, look at all the peeps who registered in the summer of 2005 who are back in game. :P
Samanna

Veteran -----

Server: Prexus

Shaman Main

Postby Lestumpette » Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:59 pm

I'm certain if you had registration dates from the old Crucible days you'd see a similar pattern!
Lestumpette

Shaman Main

Postby Jaraman » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:07 pm

Heya all, heya Shammyknight (that's what my regular buds used to call Jaraman, since they were just jealous he could do it all).

Well, not quite back into the game. Patcher stops at "Updating" and never goes to PLAY. I suspect it's because it's a laptop =/. Desktop bit the dust, so that's why I got the laptop, not suspecting that EQ "wasn't designed" to be run on a laptop, even though I know the thing is more powerful than my old, old desktop ever was.

Will try downloading the SOE station launcher thingie, hopefully that works...
Jaraman

Veteran -

Postby Lestumpette » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:23 pm

Jaraman. Check the download path for the file updates. When I started playing again I used the patcher and it created a new (different) path for the game files. Consequently it started downloading the complete game, which is 6Gb+. Copy the game files you already have over to the new directory (Sony Online Entertainment or something like that .. at work now so can't check), then restart the patcher and it should be only a few 100 Mb.

EDIT: It's C:\program data\sony online entertainment\installed games\everquest
Lestumpette

Shaman Main

Postby Jaraman » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:34 pm

Jaraman

Veteran -

Postby Jaraman » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:48 pm

Hmm, there's only one EQ folder, in the X86 folder (Windows 7 here). It's about 300MB. I downloaded the Escape to Norrath trial game, which you'd think would at least load to play that.

Email sent to eqtech@soe.sony.com... here's hoping I'l be online soon enough.
Jaraman

Veteran -

Postby Jaraman » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:09 pm

Copied the EQ folder directly onto the C: drive, right-clicked on everquest.exe and ran as administator... now it's downloading major files, 6hrs yet. Hopefully this is the ticket. Thanks again.
Jaraman

Veteran -

Postby Tordail » Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:37 am

Tordail

Veteran -

Shaman Main

Postby Ughbash » Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:25 am

Ughbash

Veteran --

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Tordail » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:26 am

Tordail

Veteran -

Shaman Main

Postby Brohg » Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:58 pm

Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby shamy60 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:34 pm

WB jaraman (bobino here ) :P
shamy60

Server: RATHE

Postby Jaraman » Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:15 am

Hiya, Bobino, you were the last shaman I encountered before I went on vacation. You were kind enough to start hooking me up with some 80+ spells, which I still have in the bank, when I was still soloing/boxing the giants in Valdeholm.

After "run as admin" and downloading DirectX files, I finally got everything working. Woot! But man am I rusty. Besides having to remember how to fill out all the hotkeys and arrange the UI, getting the groove back on was enough of a learning curve for tonight. Died a few time tanking "in teh face" some dark blues, but it was all fun. So many roles we shaman have. We still only have 10 spellsets, right?

"He who shall not be named" -- haha, the warrior who botted a shaman and thus knew all, do I remember correctly? Seems I remember a few other 'representatives' who kept things in check here --- Fenier the Druid, and I forgot her name, the chanter class correspondent chick. There were also a couple other minor non-shaman characters with good info that posted regularly, a couple necros and a ranger or two...
Jaraman

Veteran -

Postby Samanna » Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:06 am

Samanna

Veteran -----

Shaman Main

Postby Ughbash » Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:00 am

Ughbash

Veteran --

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Jaraman » Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:47 pm

Jaraman

Veteran -

Postby Ughbash » Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:14 am

Ughbash

Veteran --

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Samanna » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:53 am

Samanna

Veteran -----

Shaman Main

Postby Henora » Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:52 pm

I've been coerced into again as well.

Glad the board is still around. Hard to find good information these days. Allakhazam's pissing me off with their premium only stuff.
, shaman of - Terris Thule ( now The Rathe )
Henora

Server: Terris Thule > Prexus > The Rathe

Shaman Main
Druid - Alt/Box

Postby Tordail » Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:22 pm

Woah, it's Henora! /wave!
Tordail

Veteran -

Shaman Main

Postby Beafly » Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:03 pm

85 Webmaster of
Beafly

Veteran -

Postby Tordail » Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:39 pm

If you go to the Wiki and click "you can help" at the top, it will take you to a page where you can make a user name and password. I'm trying to find time to recode the aug tables for the Wiki. :?
Tordail

Veteran -

Shaman Main

Postby Kanamori Hitatomi » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:08 am

Something on my long long list of crap to work on is gear for the wiki...

WB Henora!

92 Barbarian Shammyknight!
Bristlebane-Tribunal Server - I play on Tribunal damnit!

SHAMMYKNIGHT !!! Okay, perhaps I'm now less of a speedbump than fluffy was when we first got him...
Mod - Most work is on our
Kanamori Hitatomi

Server: Tribunal

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby Jaraman » Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:02 am

Another familiar name! Welcome back, Henora.
Jaraman

Veteran -

Previous

Return to Heyokah's Lodge