[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Newly returned - Levels - Spells - AA's

Newly returned - Levels - Spells - AA's

General Discussion for the EverQuest Shaman.

Moderator: Shaman Mods

Newly returned - Levels - Spells - AA's

Postby Gralg » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:09 pm

Greetings.

I just returned from a 7, yes 7, year absence. Since I can't seem to find my original login information, i went out to the store and bought a box for SoD. I've been playing again for about a month, and I have about 50 hours played on my shaman. I've been using a tank merc, and with the shaman buffs he's been tearing it up. I'm level 62, with 66 spent aa's. I'm a little stuck, as I know which aa's and in which order I'd like to get them. Problem is, that I am still using a lot of spells from the 40's. I can't seem to find any 50+ spells on the bazaar. I've been looking for some 60-70 spells, and those also arent up on the bazaar. I did manage to find the 57 version of Puma up for 2.5k but, I'm still using the 44ish level pet spell and stat spells. So, my questions are.....

Should I power through and get up to 75 so that I can buy spells from vendors, then grind aa's?
Wait at my level for some spells, while I gain aa's?

Edit1: Forgot to mention, I'm on FV so gear is plentiful, and spells should be, but just arent.
Gralg

Shaman Main

Re: Newly returned - Levels - Spells - AA's

Postby Tordail » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:54 am

Welcome back! 8)

First, allow me to introduce you to the awesomeness of the . You'll be particularly interested in , which talks about the Super Awesome Pre-OOW Spells (tm). For acquiring spells between levels 61 and 80, is going to be super useful.

Have you managed to get hold of Turgur's Swarm yet? It's purchased from a vendor in Overthere. Also, I believe all of the spells of that level are purchasable from a vendor (except the ones that are quested or research-only). If you go into PoK, hit the library and go to the Shaman spell vendors (they're right inside the main door to the right), you should be able to dig through their wares and come up with a good number of your spells. There are several of them and they all offer spells of different levels, so dig through till you find what you're wanting. You can also go to Abysmal Sea and see the Shaman spell vendor, who might be able to fill in some missing slots.

The Level vs. AA argument never seems to die :) I have always been a big fan of levels over AAs because I think the boost in power you get from leveling is hard to match. There ARE some exceptions to this rule, of course - such as Cannibalization - but I largely choose levels over AAs.

If you have any questions about what AAs you should be looking at, go to in our Medicine Cabinet. It's very old, but the advice & information is still good. Brohg's post a little ways down the first page will be very helpful.
~
Tordail

Veteran -

Server: Luclin

Shaman Main

Postby Gralg » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:40 pm

Thank you very much for your response. I had no idea the wiki existed, i'll be on that for the next few hours lol.

It isn't so much a level vs aa question as, will i be able to level that way without the spells. I'm killing dblue and lblues with ease at the moment (can do 4 at a time currently if i get jumped), i just didn't want to hit a roadblock at say level 68, and not be able to progress untill i had the spells, or could get enough aa's to make up for it. I know my tank merc won't last me forever, i'm hoping to get to at least 75 with him, then get a bunch of aa's.

Again, THANK YOU so much for the help

Doublechecked, and the only spells I don't have from the pre-oow list is the two talismans. I aquired the rest so far.
Gralg

Shaman Main

Postby Tordail » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:40 pm

Tordail

Veteran -

Server: Luclin

Shaman Main

Postby fendaann » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:20 pm

A good spell to get
Spirit of the Jaguar -Tatsujiro the Serene - 75 Radiant Crystals
Spirit of the Leopard Tatsujiro the Serene - 120 Radiant Crystals - you can buy Radiant Crystals bazaar and you dont need faction to get the item

Truth of the matter - 60-65 pop spells are hard to get Ep, SP and gryph drops
66-70 OoW or shodowspine spells are rune drops
not till you to to lvl 71 can the spells Rk1 be bought about from NPC TBS for plat and SOF is vaious faction coin

i have in the past
1. check the PoP sham npc to see if peeps sold back pop spells not needed. Turn in is random spell back -easy to dublate same spell
2. check pop zone for higher level toons pl minded if I looted the EP,SP to do the turn in your self.
3. spells can be researched- get the componets and find a high level reseacher to try the combine.
fendaann

Server: Quellious - POVAR

Wizard Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Shadowknight - Alt/Box

Postby Samanna » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:10 pm

Welcome back, Shaman.
Samanna

Veteran -----

Server: Prexus

Shaman Main