[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Progression Server Discussion

Progression Server Discussion

General Discussion for the EverQuest Shaman.

Moderator: Shaman Mods

Progression Server Discussion

Postby Lomez » Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:55 am

I can't be the only one who made a shaman for the first time on the new progression server and went to the internet to find awesome shaman information. This is THE eq shaman forum online and I'm surprised to see almost 0 progression server discussion. I know this server isn't as active as it once was, but new people like me are still being directed here. I am starting this thread in hopes of getting a lot of progression server information in one place for new shamans to see and use. Perhaps this is a little late, as the server is already 3 weeks in. If nobody finds any of this useful, hopefully it will survive until the next progression server.

This site does have a lot of information but some of it is kind of hidden. There are a few relevant threads in the medicine cabinet, but most of it applies to more recent expansions. Definitely check out , and . The reference desk has some good information especially page.

It is an old world gear list but it isn't extensive and is especially laking in the Primary and Secondary slots. It also include barbarian newbie quest armor which is not in the game yet.

There was one progression server thread posted in the quest forum asking about old world quests to do on the progression server. The reply said go to alla and look at quests in the starting city. Not a bad idea.

Some things to look for in those lists. 1) Easy turn ins like bear pelts, lizard tails or froglok flesh. 2) Look at the suggested level, they are usually pretty accurate. 3) The Newbie armor quests will not be implemented until LoY I think.

For older Shaman:

More difficult for an Evil race.
You can skip the Erudin part but you do have to go to Qeynos. You might not even have to talk to Mr. Flamespinner.

There are of coarse a ton more. Please replay with some quests you've done and I will update the list.

I am going to start this list with where I have hunted so far. Please help me add to this.
[S]=Solo [G]=Group Estimated possible level ranges also included.

1-10 Newbie zone. In my case The Feerrott. [S] of [G]
5-15 Blackburrow [S] or [G]
10-13 Scouts in front of Cazic [S]
10-14 Nro/Sro - Dervs, Undead, Low level orcs. [G]
14-18 Sro - Crocs and Orcs [G]
14-17 Hermit in Lake Rathe [S]
15-20 Highpass - Orcs or gnolls. Orcs are better XP [G]
15-25 Lavastorm - Anything Blue [S] or [G]
17-20 Lake Rathe - Aviak Guards [S]
17-27 RunnyEye - Goblins or Eyes [G]
20-30 Highkeep - Goblins [G]
20's Paw - I haven't been here, but I'm sure its grouped to the max [G]
22-30 Cazic Thule - Lots of camps [G]

Refer to page again for a nice table and some loot options.
Also, from the "Very Best Gear" thread this is the very best gear from the original game.
Thyrm Jarlson: Very Best Gear - circa Original Everquest: http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.h ... esize=true

As far as AC goes, I've followed this general guide
Cloth<Leather<Ringmail/Blackened Iron<Banded<Blackened Alloy<Totemic<Rune Etched

Some other items I've had my eyes on that are not from above quests or in the reference desk table.

Primary

Secondary

Chest

Neck

Boots

There are many spells not available at the start of the progression server. Obviously Ldon spells are not here neither are LoY quested spells. Some spells added by later expansions are available, it's rather hit or miss. One thing to mention is Evil Shamans can buy Dots in Innithule swamp from one of the trolls standing on the hand. Took a while for me to figure that one out.

Onto some actual discussion.
I rolled a shaman on the progression server. Due to my current computer situation, I am limited almost exclusively to soloing. The Netbook I'm playing EQ on is just barely powerful enough to run it. I am currently a level 23 ogre shaman and just got canni and regen, yay! But my latest solo spot is no longer viable. For the last few levels I've been killing the Spiroc guards in Lake Rathe. Grouping is extremely laggy but if I absolutely must group I will but I'm hoping someone has a few great old world solo locations.

The more off the beat track the better. Popular zones are super camped. Last time I was in Sro there were "Too many people to complete that request." Even the birds in SK have 2 groups camping them.

I would love to have the elder shaman think back to when they first started and help us newer shaman out. Whether it be Quests, Hunting locations, Loot or just stories. Also, any new shamans getting started are more than welcome to ask questions.
Lomez

Shaman Main

Re: Progression Server Discussion

Postby fendaann » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:31 pm

you might try class forums on the server board i guess

if you want to play the old game pretend their is no info and go explore and find out what is in this new world

http://www.fippydarkpaw.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=30
fendaann

Server: Quellious - POVAR

Wizard Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Shadowknight - Alt/Box

Return to Heyokah's Lodge