[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - New shaman returning

New shaman returning

General Discussion for the EverQuest Shaman.

Moderator: Shaman Mods

New shaman returning

Postby SurrealNight » Mon May 02, 2011 8:37 pm

Just reactivated my account and going to return to playing my lvl 66 shaman again.

I've been looking through some of the boards / sites / wiki but I'm not really sure where to get started as all the changes and new expansions make things a little overwhelming. I'm assuming spells are still drops/combines at the higher level so a nice guide that could show me a level progression guide to go exp and still get the drops/money I need for spells would be a big help.
SurrealNight

Shaman Main
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Re: New shaman returning

Postby Brohg » Mon May 02, 2011 11:17 pm

A great many of the spells you'll need to get going are researchable and sold in the Bazaar now. Up to level 80 spells I believe won't have to be sought via factions & quests.

Investigate the "Defiant" series of attunable armors. You'll fit in Elaborate tier now, Elegant tier at lv70. If it isn't immediately available in the Bazaar, just ask around. Defiant armor isn't rare, so some people don't take the time to sell it. They are super armors for leveling up casters, priests, or attackers (leaving out only tanks - the major weakness of Defiant armor is AC).
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby AbyssalMage » Tue May 03, 2011 4:15 am

AbyssalMage

Beastlord Main
Cleric - Alt/Box
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby SurrealNight » Tue May 03, 2011 3:30 pm

Thanks for all the info, will keep this in mind when servers are back up.

I'm going to be transferring to Antonious Bayle as that's where the few people I know still playing ended up.
SurrealNight

Shaman Main
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Postby SurrealNight » Sat May 21, 2011 11:13 am

OK finally got my character transfered off Zek to Antonius Bayle so I can start working on my shaman again.

Looking at http://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/EQ%3AMercenaries I'm having trouble figuring out the whole 'theme' thing and at what level I can start the quests for the higher level merc's. Since you don't have to do them in order, is there a rank I should jump right to, and what character level can I start working on the them?
SurrealNight

Shaman Main
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Postby dohrian » Sun May 22, 2011 4:26 am

Hello,

as stated in the wiki :

Progression
Completion of Oceangreen theme gives Journeyman Rank II

Completion of Kithicor theme gives Journeyman Rank III

Completion of Field of Scale theme gives Journeyman Rank IV

Completion of Rathe theme gives Journeyman Rank V

I.e. if you complete only the Rathe theme you will have Journeyman rk 5 available for purchase, but not rk 2, 3 or 4.

So just do the rathe tasks to get rk5, no need for other. The solo tasks are easy to solo for a shaman (root/dot), but the group task cannot be soloed (puller needed).
, Master alchemist / baker / brewer / fletcher / jeweler / potter / smith / tailor
dohrian

Server: Karana -> Ayonae Ro -> Tribunal -> Bristle

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box

Postby SurrealNight » Mon May 23, 2011 12:42 pm

I'm having trouble finding any information on the "Rathe Theme" in the wiki. Looking at http://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/eq ... estruction is it talking about the "Invasion of Earth: Revolves around the faction, Mitius, Herald of Change."?

Searching for "rathe theme" basically brings up nothing, so how you find and complete it is a bit confusing to someone new to the concept....
SurrealNight

Shaman Main
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Postby Sowslow » Mon May 23, 2011 2:37 pm

Sowslow

Server: The Rathe -> Quellious -> Povar

Shaman Main
Magician - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby SurrealNight » Mon May 23, 2011 3:46 pm

SurrealNight

Shaman Main
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Postby Sowslow » Mon May 23, 2011 7:28 pm

If you can do the rathe theme, you can get the tier 5 merc without doing any of the previous tiers. The others don't work that way. Not sure how hard they would be to do at 66 so maybe just stay with what you have.

Taskadds are ways people add others to group quests missions prior to the end. The added person gets the credit (exp and whatever else) for little to no effort at all. So some people are willing to pay for these as some can be done without a full group.
Sowslow

Server: The Rathe -> Quellious -> Povar

Shaman Main
Magician - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby SurrealNight » Tue May 24, 2011 1:59 pm

The mobs in the first Rathe based quest are 84/85 it looks like, so not something I could do for a while as I doubt it will even give me the task until I'm in my 80's or so? I was just having trouble initially finding where the Rathe stuff started at so didn't know what the required levels would be.

The Oceangreen tasks start you off on lvl 74 mobs so might be easy to do while I'm leveling up anyways.
SurrealNight

Shaman Main
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Return to Heyokah's Lodge