Returning lvl 70 Shaman sanity check

General Discussion for the EverQuest Shaman.

Moderator: Shaman Mods

Returning lvl 70 Shaman sanity check

Postby RewtsnDots » Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:19 pm

While Everquest has been downloading and downloading, I have been reading all the returning player info I can find and I think I have a plan of sorts. I was hoping anyone could correct any serious flaws or offer any other suggestions.

First of all I am a level 70 Shaman, 600ish AA, in DoN group gear. 100s of creator missions and I have all of the upgrades I could buy from the DoN merchants. In other words my gear is a joke, but I do have at least the core AA.

First I plan to buy the lvl 59 shaman res, because OMG that would have made life easier during the first few years I played. Do we get any upgrades to that spell?

I plan to hit Bastion of Thunder to reacquaint myself with the game mechanics and get my UI sorted. I also need to farm some pp since I think I gave all my money away when I left 4-5 years ago. BoT was easy for me to solo before I left and I don't think it has changed. Once I get enough cash (don't know how much I need) I plan to get a tank merc, and get to level 72 for the next pet. At that point I will try and farm as much elaborate defiant as I can, it seems like the elegant will be beyond my farming ability, but I will be saving my plat to try and buy any upgrades as well. After that I should have a better feel for the game, and then into TSS, sundering springs and vergalid mines.

That should keep me busy for a few weeks at least.

Any advice or suggestions MUCH APPRECIATED.

Rewts
lvl 70 Shaman - Tunare
RewtsnDots

Shaman Main

Re: Returning lvl 70 Shaman sanity check

Postby Ughbash » Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:22 pm

RewtsnDots wrote:First I plan to buy the lvl 59 shaman res, because OMG that would have made life easier during the first few years I played. Do we get any upgrades to that spell?

I plan to hit Bastion of Thunder to reacquaint myself with the game mechanics and get my UI sorted. I also need to farm some pp since I think I gave all my money away when I left 4-5 years ago. BoT was easy for me to solo before I left and I don't think it has changed. Once I get enough cash (don't know how much I need) I plan to get a tank merc, and get to level 72 for the next pet. At that point I will try and farm as much elaborate defiant as I can, it seems like the elegant will be beyond my farming ability, but I will be saving my plat to try and buy any upgrades as well.

When you farm the plat for a merc, BUY the defiant gear, it is extremely cheap in the bazaar.

If you can get some friends to help you do the quests in SoD for Kaorascial Ruins (might need to be eitehr 76 or 81) get them done. The "void progression" tasks in Warrens will let you get a T5 merc. By all means get the T5 Journeyman merc.
Tunares' Froggie Shaman,
Hipitey Hop [Watchkeepers]
Ughbash
Ferocious Vie

Veteran --

Server: tunare

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby RewtsnDots » Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:08 am

Yes, you were very right about the defiant gear. After a quick check in the bazaar some people are selling it for hundreds, not thousands. A few hours of farming some pp while getting used to playing again should be enough to buy a set.

As for the Merc, as of right now I have no friends :(. I was still guild tagged but there was no one on from the guild, I have no idea if it is active in any way.
RewtsnDots

Shaman Main

Postby dohrian » Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:05 am

Hello,

There is no upgrade for our rez spell.

For your guild, if you are alone, remove from guild, and go in lobby asking for a new guild, many guilds are looking for players.

Good hunt bro !

Doh
Dohrian, Master alchemist / baker / brewer / fletcher / jeweler / potter / smith / tailor
dohrian

Server: Karana -> Ayonae Ro -> Tribunal -> Bristle

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box

Postby Ughbash » Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:01 pm

RewtsnDots wrote:Yes, you were very right about the defiant gear. After a quick check in the bazaar some people are selling it for hundreds, not thousands. A few hours of farming some pp while getting used to playing again should be enough to buy a set.

As for the Merc, as of right now I have no friends :(. I was still guild tagged but there was no one on from the guild, I have no idea if it is active in any way.

To check how active your guild is do "Alt G" this will bring up teh guild manager.
Now make sure it shows alts also (there is a check box) and that it shows offline (another check box).
Now sort it by last on. If noone was on in the last month other then you.....
Ughbash
Ferocious Vie

Veteran --

Server: tunare

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Return to Heyokah's Lodge