[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - New Shammy struggling with heals

New Shammy struggling with heals

General Discussion for the EverQuest Shaman.

Moderator: Shaman Mods

New Shammy struggling with heals

Postby Slapit255 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:52 am

Hey all, I am pretty new to the forums, so be gentle =P

I am returning from a long break, and I am with a bunch of friends. Currently our group makeup is:
84 Paladin
85 Rogue (Boxed with my shammy)
85 Monk
81 Shammy
81 BST
85 Bard (Sometimes swaps for his 80 ranger)

We are currently in feerrott/HoT zones, and mobs seem to hit like a truck =/ The dmg is so spikey, its hard for my shammy to keep heals on the paladin, and it seems we have so few heals its pretty much just HoT/spam heals after slow/debuff. I currently have around 300 AA, and have almost maxed all of my healing AA's and Canni. I also am already full HoT T1 geared and use my clicky BP in oh crap moments and named pulls. I do see that in the future I get a HoT proc from the new slow, but I am curious if that stacks with our spell HoT? Is there anything I am doing wrong, or can shammies just not hold heals like Druids and Clerics these days?

The pally also has around 400-500 AA with his CA/CS pretty much maxed, and is focusing primarily on any defensive AA's.
Slapit255

Rogue Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Shadowknight - Alt/Box

Re: New Shammy struggling with heals

Postby fendaann » Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:40 pm

heres my 2 cents -

This is what I was doing around lvl 80 I think

1. make sure Buffs are current,
HP Reg -does not heal for a lot but any bit helps
haste , HP Buffs, ect

2. Before the mob is pulled - due you have a sloth like proc on the tank and puller.
cast the spell group hot at the start of the pull or right before the tank starts tanking on long pulls.

Do you have loaded heals

78 Gemmi's Mending - single heal
80 Shade of Renewal - group HOT
78 Ancestral Intervention - group heal

If your using 81 Wild Growth - it is NOT A HEAL - you must cast a heal after casting this spell which makes this spell not allways that usefull in a fight. but could be used before the fight.

level 83 is the next set of healing spells adn they start to branch out and might need to load 4/5 healing spells for the fight.

300 AA is too low. Thankfully the next pach is going to increase the ablity to get AA's

Due you have any AA- heals yet? heres a old list i think that i found at around level 70

Healing (182 aa’s)

Healing Adept (2/4/6) Increases the effectiveness of instant heal spells by 2%, 5%, and 10%.

Advanced Healing Adept (2/4/6) Prerequisites: Level 62, rank 3 Healing Adept. Increases the effectiveness of heal spells by 3% per level.

Healing Adept Mastery (3/6/9) Prerequisites: Level 66, rank 3 Advanced Healing Adept. Increases base healing of direct heal spells by 22%, 25%, 28% per rank.

Healing Gift (2/4/6) Gives a total 3%, 6%, and 10% chance to score a critical heal, doubling the heal's effectiveness.

Advanced Healing Gift (2/4/6) Prerequisites: Level 62, rank 3 Healing Gift. Increases your chance to score an exceptional heal (doubling the heal's effectiveness) by 2% per level. May be trained once each at level 62, 63, 64.

Healing Gift Mastery (3/6/9) Prerequisites: Level 66, rank 3 Advanced Healing Gift. Increases the chance to perform a critical heal by 18%, 20%, 22% per rank.

Healing Surge (6/6/6) Req: L71, Healing Gift Mastery at L3. Each rank in this ability increases the chance to score an exceptional heal. An exceptional heal doubles the healing value of the spell.

Abundant Healing (5/5/5/5/5) Prerequisites: Level 66, rank 1 Healing Gift Mastery. Every time a character with this ability casts a direct heal of level 60 or above, they have a chance to also bestow on their target a heal over time, for 5 ticks. It stacks with almost all other heals over time or regeneration spells. The HoT grants 50 points/tick per rank, up to 250 points/tick.

Healing Boon (3/6/9) Prerequisites: Level 66. Grants a 3%, 6%, 9% (respectively) chance to score a critical heal on each tick of a Heal over Time spell. A critical heal grants double the healing.

Healing Resonance (6/6/6) Req L71, Healing Boon at L3. This ability grants heal-over-time spells the chance to have a critical effect each tick they are active. An exceptional heal doubles the healing value of the spell for that tick.

Call of the Ancients (5/5/5/5/5) Refresh Timer: 30 minutes. Prerequisites: Level 65. Area-wide regeneration. Stacks with the druid and cleric regen AAs.

Boon of the Ancients (5/5/5) Refresh Timer: 30 minutes. Prerequisites: Level 66, rank 5 Call of the Ancients . Area-wide regeneration. Basically an enhanced version of the GoD Call of the Ancients ward.

Ancestral Aid (5/5/5) Refresh Timer: 15 minutes. Prerequisites: Level 67. Manaless group heal over time. May be trained once each at level 67, 68, 69.

Ancestral Favor (5/5/5) Req L71, Ancestral Aid at L3. Through use of this ability, the shaman can call upon their ancestors to fill their group with strength and healing.

P.S. your might post what spell setup your using.
fendaann

Server: Quellious - POVAR

Wizard Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Shadowknight - Alt/Box

Re: New Shammy struggling with heals

Postby Ughbash » Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:59 pm

If you all just came back the tanks gear MAY not be up to feeroot yet either. So it may not be you, it may be the tank who is the issue... Or it could be a combination of the two.

Slow with counterbias (or wahtever yoru 83 spell is that will slow the mob adn put a heal over time on mobs target).
Drop a heal over time.
Drop a direct heal.
Canni.

So baically for your job of slowing and healing you need level 83 spells only... this will change whenyou get to 88 and replace them all with level 88 spells.

AA is low as others mentioned, Warrens or Toskriak may be easier to heal and mobs around level 85 but you are not as likely to get gear upgrades there which I suspect yoru tank needs. House courtyard may be slightly easier also. If you 6 have NOT already done the warrens tasks to get access to T5 Journeman mercs (assuming you are nto silver accounts) do so, it is worth it.
Tunares' Froggie Shaman,
Hipitey Hop [Watchkeepers]
Ughbash

Veteran --

Server: tunare

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Return to Heyokah's Lodge