[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Epic - 1.5 Walkthrough

Epic - 1.5 Walkthrough

Information about gear drops and quests, including Epics; also gear checks.

Moderator: Shaman Mods

Epic - 1.5 Walkthrough

Postby Valsuvious » Fri Aug 12, 2005 4:41 pm

Start here if you do not have Epic 1.0 (Spear of Fate)

North Freeport

The Elder Spirit of Enlightenment is in Jade Tiger's Den in the first room on the third floor.

Note: With PoR, the Jade Tiger's Den is now close to the main gates in West Freeport. The Elder Spirit of Enlightenment is at approx -250/-525. (Or he may be out in the Newbie yard -Sam.)

You say, 'Hail, Elder Spirit of Enlightenment'

Elder Spirit of Enlightenment says, 'It Appears you are not yet ready for the great tasks that I require to be done. There are Others lesser than me that can guide you and prepare you to walk a greater path should you choose. You should seek them out. You can Perhaps seek knowledge from your elders and peers.'

Lake of Ill Omen

Find Spirit Sentinel at p2753, p1092

You say, "Hail, Spirit Sentinel"

Spirit Sentinel says, 'Ah so the Elder Spirit of Enlightenment has sent you to me. I do have a task for you if you wish to help the cause of the spirits across the lands. I have been charged with making an elixer that will aid the spirits for a time. Are you [interested] in aiding us?'

You say, "I am interested"

Spirit Sentinel says, 'Very well then. First you must do what you can to prove yourself to our kind. There are some tests you must perform in order to gain our trust. At the end of this path, we may consider you one of the Heyokah -- the most trusted of those align themselves with shaman everywhere. You will be required to take on the tests of Patience, Wisdom, and Might. Bring me the Black fur Boots you receive to me."

Give: to Spirit Sentinel.

Spirit Sentinel says 'You can now be called a heyokah, but there is much you may still do. I do require several [ingredients] for the potion I am required to make and should you assist me, there is a spirit with even greater tasks that will give you audience.'

You say, 'what ingredients'

Spirit Sentinel says 'I will need some unique blood from a crystal-like spider from a valorous plane, a special leaf that an insect of the diseased hordes eats whole and antennae from a skittering bug in Taelosia. I will also need you to make your way into the deserts of Ro and find a lonely merchant who sells a unique vial I require. Return all of these to me and you will find yourself able to walk a greater path.'

Plane of Valor

Kill: Crystalline Arachnae

Loot: (uncommon)

Plane of Disease

Kill: a malarian crysalis, spawn on island at +475, -1875; malarian galls are placeholders. Reportedly singles for up to 450; slowable/rootable.

Loot: Mellian Leaf

Natimbi

Kill: a shore stonemite

Loot: (uncommon)

South Ro

Find Bratoq Jiplup, -1625, -150

You say, 'Hail, Bratoq Jiplup'

Bratoq Jiplup says "I'm going to hedge my bets and guess that you are here for my special vial? Takes me forever to make and is going to cost you 2000 platinum. Yes indeed."

Give: 2000 plat to Bratoq Jiplup

Bratoq Jiplup says "As much as I do hate to part with these, I do hope you'll put it too good use and help the shaman of Norrath."

Receive: a Clouded Glass Vial

Lake of Ill Omen

Return to Spirit Sentinel at p2753, p1092

Give: a Clouded Glass Vial, Stonemite Antennae, Crystallized Blood, and Mellian Leaf to Spirit Sentinel.

Spirit Sentinel says 'You have server us well and now I may get to work. You are indeed ready and should seek out the Elder Spirit of Enlightenment as soon as you are able. Should he deem you worthy and wise enough, he will have much work for you to do to preserve the way of the shaman.'

-------------------------------- ------------------------------------ ----------------------------------- -------------------------------------- -------------------------------------

This text starts off if you already have Epic 1.0:

North Freeport.

Spirit is in Jade Tiger's Den in the first room on the third floor.

Elder Spirit of Enlightenment eyes you with an ageless wisdom. 'Ah, your spirit shines brightly. Should I know you?'

You say, 'i am a shaman'

Elder Spirit of Enlightenment says 'Ah, yes. You are not only a shaman, but one who has passed the tests of the heyokah. There are many problems that face us now and I grow weaker by the day. If you feel you are ready to bear a great burden and help all of those like us, including the immortals that charge our essence and consciousness, say [it is so].'

You say, 'it is so'

Elder Spirit of Enlightenment says 'To have you here, believing in us and our existence does give me warmth, but my length of time here and others like me may be at an end. The spirits are troubled and a darkness washes through our existence that we seem helpless to prevent. That is why I talk to you now -- to help us. Without the help of mortals, we may [blow away] with the winds.'

You say, 'blow away'

Elder Spirit of Enlightenment says 'You have heard of the darkness in Taelosia that came from another place. You may have even seen the world that is overshadowed by the dark influence of Discord. That seeping ill that is not touchable by claw or paw has wormed its way into the [streams of the spirit world] and the more it does, the more we, and I weaken.'

You say, 'streams of the spirit world'

Elder Spirit of Enlightenment says 'Yes, it is true. I feel myself fading more with each turn of time. You are familiar with the ways of herbs and potions and you can aid me, should you [find the will]. With strength to keep me before you in the mortal realm, I can guide you so that you may aid us all. There is much to tell you that I will not reveal yet, lest you be tempted to take advantage -- which has happened before.'

You say, 'find the will'

Elder Spirit of Enlightenment says 'Very well. You will not find this an easy task. There are several things you must do and other heyokah you must find that have helped us in the past. Where there is glitter upon the setting of Ro, you will find an agent of the spirits. In the deep waters where the megalodon is said to hunt, there is another. And where the wonders of nature rise in the dark, another ally awaits. Look for light in the denseness of entwined shadows. One will greet you with all you have learned. She is doing research in a bustling labyrinth of creatures and can educate you where I cannot. Tell them all of me and they will give you audience.'

Lake Rathe.

Bottom left corner, past all the water and onto the small cove there. Found white con barb female npc. Loc -936, 2258

You say, 'Hail, Kimm McShannel'
You say, 'the elder spirit sent me'
Kimm McShannel says 'Aye, well then. Watch yerself. Thar be a crazy fella over there. Been trying for days, I 'ave, to get 'im to make some sense about this megalodon creature 'e keeps prattling on about. I been a bit shy o' stepping in the lake to get some seaweed for the spirit's potion. Maybe you could go take a look. Somethin' usually comes by to snap 'em up when they grow, so ye may need to route around a tad out there. You think you are [up to it]?'

You say, 'i am up to it'

Kimm McShannel says 'Very well, then, off you go in search of the seaweed.'

Head into the water. There you will find the Ancient Megalodon. Kill him and loot .

Give seaweed back to Kimm McShannel

Kimm McShannel says 'Well done! And ye got it off that great creature? Aye, it really exists. Guess that mad feller ain't so mad, now, is he? Ha! Well, we have a better chance at saving the spirit. Take this seaweed back. I've wrapped it for you. Now, get moving!'

She gives you back " "

Fungus Grove.

Lupot Nukla is a Guktan at 642, 512

You say, 'Hail, Lupot Nukla'
You say, 'the elder spirit of enlightenment sent me'

Lupot Nukla says 'Shhh! You'll scare them away, fool! Darnit! Do you have any idea at all how rare this fungus is? Any idea at all?'

You say, 'I have no idea'

Lupot Nukla says 'No kidding. The way you ran up here like a herd of elephants was a dead giveaway. You make enough noise and this fungus disappears into thin air and then I have to wait for it to show itself again. Odd plant really, but very reactive, so keep it down. The spirit must have two pieces of this fungus for its potion and it only grows here. I'd like to see you prove your ability. If by a miracle you should collect two, come and speak to me.'

At that time there will spawn two mushrooms to the west down the hill. You are looking for the hugh mushroom named: Shuddering Fungus. He uncommonly drops (no drop). Need two of these. Sometimes another big one has spawned just to the south of the instant respawn point. I got 2 in 3 kills, but it took about 15 more kills to get 2 more. Instant respawn can be small mushroom (PH) or Shuddering Fungus.

Once you get both of them, hail Lupot Nukla again.

Lupot Nukla says 'Surprising. Didn't think you'd be up to the task and be able to muster the knowledge to figure it out. If you have both with you, hurry along. The spirit is in great need of the potion.'

Twilight Sea.

Find Tikl Huk in the SE corner (troll) at -1528, -1794

You say, 'Hail Tikl Huk'
You say, 'The elder spirit sent me'

Tikl Huk says 'Yous sent by spirit? Me surprised it send so quick. Me no time to get da shrub yets. Yous will needs to get three of dem. Da shrub only grow nearby in only few spots. Gib dem to me when yous nab dem.'

Location for the (looks like a bag):
1) 109, -903 on land
2) 1378, -611 on land
3) 400, 943 underwater
4) -1493, -1212 underwater

Once you find three of them, give them to Tikl Huk.
Tikl Huk says 'Me proud! Now you must protect dat for da spirit. It need it badly. You be careful. Dere might be some baddies out dere dat may want to take dat from you. Spirit said dere are evils working against us. I hab tied da shrub for you so dat it don't get ruined.

He gives you back " "

Cobalt Scar.

Find Yoppa Grennthumb. She's an ogre inside the sunken ship at approx 355, 1055.

Yoppa Greenthumb says 'Huh? Oh. Me see you help. Poor spirit. Me hope it okay. Only saw few days ago and it seem sad and sick. We make it better! Me hope yous okay wit' breathin' under here. Me be waiting for dat pesky fish to come back wit' my bark dat I got down here. You can help. In fact, you do it. He big nasty shark and me tired. If you wait, he come back for more. It probably still sniff me blood from dat last bite he took. You keep and take to spirit . . . Look out, dere it is and it got friends!'

Darting Shark swims at a ferocious speed toward its prey.
Feeder Shark swims at a ferocious speed toward its prey.
Gnashing Killer Shark rushes through the water to attack.

Upon death, loot the

Shadeweaver Thicket.

Wunshi Kashra -640, 370 (behind rock, inside caves)

You say, 'Hail, Wunshi Kashra'

Wunshi Kashra says 'Ah, another courageous alchemist after my own heart. I've been so worried and consumed by aiding the spirits that I'd forgotten how much time I'd spent here. Anyway, no matter. If you give me 1000 platinum pieces, I will give you the medicine bag you will need to work the potion for the spirit. I hate to ask for money, but this bag has cost me four times that to make. It's a long process that requires the magic of some very rare and expensive materials. We are dealing with wisps of consciousness, after all.'

Give him 1000pp. He gives you a .

EDIT: DO NOT COMBINE anything epic related in the bag before you have talked to Wilslik. If you do, then you will be bugged and have to do the entire quest all over (as of right now, he will not talk to you if you have combined the stuff in the bag without having talked to the NPC first.

Wunshi Kashra says 'When you have all the pieces you need, you must find the great shaman who seeks greater knowledge of the spirit world. You will need his guidance with this task.'

Warrens

Go to 605, 226 and find Wilslik Gissu.

You say, 'Hail, Wilslik Gissu'
You say, 'The elder spirit sent me'

Wilslik Gissu says 'Greetingsss fair sage. It would seem that you have come to aid the spirit who fades like each breath we let pass through our lips. There is not [much time] to dawdle. We must get to work right away. As an alchemist yourself, I will tell you what you must do. You must first make some separate combinations. Do not attempt to do this if you are not a master. You will most certainly fail. Ready for intruction?'

You say, 'There is not much time.'

Wilslik Gissu says 'How shall I put this in termsss you will understand? Two of the rare items of nature's bounty will join because they live in darkness. The others will join because they share love of light. You must use the medicine bag given to you by my old friend -- and entrepreneur -- Wunshi. When you've successfully worked with those, tell me you have completed the first step.'

EDIT: For an unknown reason, Wilslik will only acknowledge you if you have the five previous steps done, including getting the bag from Wunshi, even though according the text, you are supposed to find him after you have spoken to Wilslik.

Now, combine the 2x Bleak fungus with the Twine-wrapped Lustrous Seaweed in your Thatched Medicine Bag to create .

Then combine the Brittle Burned Bark with the Tied Twinkling Shrubs to create

You say, 'I have completed the first step.'

Wilslik Gissu says 'Nicely done, friend. You have done good work. Now, give me both of those pieces and I will fashion what you need to return to the spirit.'

Give her the Shadowed Pulp and the Brittle Twigs.

Wilslik Gissu says 'Take these and return to the spirit!'

I recieve a: .

North Freeport

I handed the Distilled Potion of Endurance to Elder Spirit of Enlightenment.

Elder Spirit of Enlightenment drinks the potion hastily and shudders. Its essence grows brighter and it's dull eyes begin to sparkle with renewed strength. 'You have bought me time -- time to explain how you may aid us all. The darkness of Discord seeps ever deeper into Norrath and the spirit world. Some of the most revered and oldest spirits known have turned to grim pursuits, becoming the [wasichu] -- those creatures you may remember from you time conversing with another great spirit.'

You say, 'What are the wasichu?'

Elder Spirit of Enlightenment says 'The wasichu are those that turn their backs on serving the spirit world for its own sake. They hunger for their wn power. At greater risk now are the spirits of Wisdom and Patience. They have become weakened and their fading is eroding what you as shaman often rely upon. The Spirit of Might has lost its way altogether and has crossed over into the darkness of Discord in that other realm. It has veen mobing amongst the [dark creatures] there, using its influence to guide and move some beasts in strange ways.'

You say, 'What dark creatures?'

Elder Spirit of Enlightenment says 'We must prepare a [ritual] that has not been performed in many, many years. We hope this one ritual will return the strenth of the failing spirits and restore the honor and humility of the Spirit of Might, but there is much preparation to be done. If you are prepared to take on this task, I will tell you what I know. This is no small endeavor, friend. Your mind and body and your strngth of spirit will be put to the test.'

You say, 'What ritual?'

Elder Spirit of Enlightenment says 'The ritual we need to perform is an ancient one, called Ruchu, and it will require a lot of preparation and planning on our parts. To begin with, we need to call upon our allies for help. One thing we need is spirit talismans. In times past, the spirits bestowed very powerful talismans upon a few, but [great] heyokah. We are going to need some of them to perform this ritual as they contain some of the essence of the very beings we are tying to save.'

You say, 'Who are the great heyokah?'

Elder Spirit of Enlightenment says 'One of them was a [wise] shaman who once walked the lands and gahered every morsel of wisfom his mind could consume in the ways of alchemy and magic. Even though he was a froglok, he was incrediby gifted. His name was Juktopp Gantroc. Though he was small in stature, his knoledge seemed and endless expanse.'

You say, 'Wise?'

Elder Spirit of Enlightenment says 'We had [watched] him and were amazed by the depth and breadth of his knowledge and how he applied it to his arts. Over time, he began to learn things that we did not know or piece together ourselves, adding great value to the spirits and shaman everywhere.'

You say, 'You watched him?'

Elder Spirit of Enlightenment says 'Upon his death, which he made no attempts to prevent and he likely could have, he accepted the passage from the confines of flesh into the spirit world with great grace and dignity. Several of us spirits gathered that night and chose to appear to him and offer him a [rare gift]... a place among the everlasting spirits where he could share his knowledge and continue to learn.'

You say, 'Tell me more about this rare gift.'

Elder Spirit of Enlightenment says 'The Spirit of Wisdom itself blessed a talisman and gave it to Juktopp, telling him of our offer. Needless to say, he was overwhelmed and overjoyed. To this day, he remains light as air and just as free in a planar realm of great beauty. You must find him and retrieve the talisman. Give him this potion whihc will sustain him while we prepare for Ruchu. There is [still more] you must do.'

I recieved: .

You say, 'Still more?'

Elder Spirit of Enlightenment says 'When the gods were still young and the ethereal planes were not much more than imagination, the Tribunal wished to create an infallible system of justice. They also wanted those who approached them to hear or plead their casr to have their resolve tested so the Tribunal's time would not be wasted. Thus, the Tribunal chose to create [trials of justice] so that Norrathians would be required to prove thier worth to have thier case heard.'

You say, 'Tell me more about the trials of justice.'

Elder Spirit of Enlightenment says 'But it was not that simple. It did take some time to decide how the trials would be created so that they were fair and just and would provide a good test of strength and might. There was a high shaman of halas who followed th path lain by the Tribunal and lived his life according to law and justice. His name was [Veshtaq] MacDunahon.'

You say, 'Tell me more about Veshtaq.'

Elder Spirit of Enlightenment says 'Veshtaq's strict asherence to justice eventually earned the attention of the Tribunal and he was asked to ascend from the mortal realm to aid them in creating trials that would be suitable to place before Norathians wishing to approach the greatness of the Tribunal. Of course, Veshtaq obliged and [succeeded] in creating a series of trials that allowed Norrathians to prove thier worth.'

You say, 'He succeeded?'

Elder Spirit of Enlightenment says 'When his work was done, Veshtaq suddenly realized that he had grown much olde and his time in the lane had weakened his ties with the natual spirits of the world. This [troubled] him greatly. He felt his life perhaps had come to no real meaning.'

You say, 'What troubled him?'

Elder Spirit of Enlightenment says 'Somehow, the Tribunal then became aware of Veshtaq's concerns and passed a judgment -- that Ceshtaq be granted a place among the trials he created, becoming immortal. With that judgment, the Tribunal had contacted one of the great spirits, that of Patience, and asked for a [meaningful way] for a shaman to become immortal.'

You say, 'What was the meaningful way for him to become immortal?'

Elder Spirit of Enlightenment says 'For a shaman, a blessing of etenal life from any spirit is an honor, so a talisman was created by the Spirit of Patience to sustain Veshtaq for all time and he would be once again be rejoined with the spirit world. Now, Mwinda, it is up to you to retrieve the talisman. You may not simply ask for it. You will have to complete the ery tial he commands and defeat his essence. Do not fret. The Tribunal will sustain him in that plane so he may continue his work.'

Plane of Justice

Punisher Veshtaq

Trial of Torture
This trial consists of 4 waves of 4 mobs.
Razorfiends are unmezzable.
Spectres are mezzable.
When you enter this trial you need to run around to your left and go through the door you come to. You will be in a room with Prisoners in stocks and each will have a untargetable mob on them called Pain and Suffering. Do not worry about these mobs because there is nothing you can do about them.
The mobs will spawn at the zone in point and come running through the door. It�s a good idea to just mezz what you can and tank what you can�t. Kill the mobs.
During each wave there is a chance that a Wraith of Agony will spawn and come in the room. Kill the Wraith of Agony ASAP. When he dies an AE Complete Heal will go off healing everyone in your group and all the mobs that are still alive.
The Boss mob will come through the door just like the other mobs at the end of the 4th wave.

Boss: The problem with this Boss is that he has a PointBlank AE Knockback. It doesn�t knock you far but it will interrupt spells. So do not try to use CH�s when healing. If you can wall the Boss it may make it easier for the Melee. Smack him down and loot your .

Plane of Sky

Pegasus island.
Eternal spirit (it wanders)
Give it Potion of Sustenance.

I recieve:

Eternal Spirit beams and looks at you with pride. 'Greetings, shaman. I am both glad to see you and somewhat sad. I know you are here to retrieve my talisman -- which is the reason for my weeping heart. I do understand the importance of taking it for the Ruchu. My heart does warm, though, at the sight of a shaman in pursuit of great things. I am envious. Here, take the talismin and proctect it with your life. I should like to see it again after all has been set right.

No fight so if you have all your keys to 4th island yer ok, keys needed are key of misplaced (horn), key of misfortune (shell), and key of beasts (king card).

Freeport

Return to Elder Spirit of Enlightenment

Give him Blessed Talisman of Patience and Blessed Talisman of Wisdom

Elder Spirit of Enlightenment says 'This is a start. There is still much to do. While we have gotten the talismans from our allies, there are those that are not our friends -- the wasichu and worse -- who carry or have [stolen] items we need. They will not part with them willingly. This is where your strength and might will be put to the test . . . and your presence of mind. Are you certain you wish to go on?'

You say, 'stolen?'

Elder Spirit of Enlightenment says 'Very well. You will need to return to Wunshi for more information. He will be able to lead you to some of what we need if you ask him. Return to me and tell me when your business with Wunshi is finished. I am too tired to continue.'

Shadeweaver's Thicket

You say, 'Hail, Wunshi Kashra'

Wunshi Kashra says 'I am glad to see you do all you can to aid the spirits. Their grasp on existence grows weaker every day and it breaks my heart. With you, though, we may stand a chance. Now, it is up to you to find two dark creatures that carry some treasures that we need and they will not be willing to part with them. First you must find a [gruesome being] whose goal is to steal spirits to make it stronger. It wears a ring that it obtained from an evil enchanter who used it to charm the very spirits of its prey. The [second beast] is just as foul.'

You say, 'gruesome being?'

Wunshi Kashra says 'This creature is found far across the seas and exists between life and death. It is quite frightful to behold amongst its followers. Good luck to you, my friend. Return the ring to me and I will guide you further.'

You say, 'second beast?'

Wunshi Kashra says 'The second creature is a strange and powerful beast that seeks to increase the number of its followers by overcoming them with intimidation. I am embarrassed to say that he had [stolen] a special gift from me -- a gift given to me by the elder spirits when I had proven my dedication and worth.'

You say, 'stolen?'

Wunshi Kashra says 'The vermin that stole it now abuses it to gain control over spirits it wants to command. It is a peculiar beast that lives way up in the heavens on the moon. It is not often seen, so your timing must be right. Return its amulet to me when you obtain it. We will all be better off without this creature lurking about.'

Crypt of Nadox

Find Spiritseeker Nadox in his room, neg 443 neg 536. Kill him to loot .

NOTE:

Nadox is on a 3-day timer. However, if you do the quest in the correct order and have the appropriate bits, Spiritseeker Nadox will spawn when you zone in. If someone has recently killed Spiritseeker Nadox before you arrived, you will have to wait two hours before you can zone in again to trigger the spawn (that also counts for retries if you fail). Once you have completed this portion of the quest, you will not be able to trigger the spawn anymore.

If you are doing this event out of order in the epic, you will have to wait the general 3-day timer because it is outside of the progression of the quest.

So, be sure you are at the correct spot in the quest before you do this event unless you're willing to camp it for the 3 days.

Vahlar-Dev

Umbral Planes

Kill Netherbian Swarmfiend . Reportedly respawns about hourly in the Elysian Remains area. Has ~150k HP, triples for 1300, AE Rampage, AE Stun, 1500 DD, Slowable.

Loot:

After looting amulet, a chest spawned with a nice mask in it (attunable).

Shadeaver's Thicket

Give Wunshi Ring of the Undead Spiritcharmer and Amulet of The Spiritist.

Wunshi Kashra says 'I'll be! You have successfully put an end to that fiend. This amulet will be used by the spirits during Ruchu. Now this amulet which I had used so many times in the past will help the one who wears it during the ritual to bind itself to the consciousness of the spirits so that they can be called. Stay focused shaman.'

Wunshi Kashra says 'Marvelous! You have come a long way, Styggo. I didn't have many doubts, but to see you return with this very rare and precious item is a joy. Now that we have this, we are yet another step closer to performing the Ruchu. I will keep this and deliver it. Thank you and stay strong, heyokah.'

North Freeport

Return to Elder Spirit of Enlightenment.

You say, 'my business with wunshi is finished'

Elder Spirit of Enlightenment says 'Is that so? I am both grateful and anxious. My sight into the spirit world grows darker with each hour. You have done well, but I am ever fearful that we are not moving quickly enough. You must use all of your skills for your next task. Return to Kimm McShannel and when you return to me, tell me that you have created the potion. Show her this bangle.'

Receive:

Lake Rathe

Return to Kimm McShannel.

You say, 'Hail, Kimm McShannel'

Give her Gemmed Bangle of Enlightenment

Kimm McShannel says 'Aye, so ye have returned. We have much to do here, me friend. The first thing we must do is [break down] this bangle into its gems and metal. This here bangle was very carefully made. First, the gems were blessed by the spirits, then the metal itself as it was forged. Aye, we need to carefully separate them. The two gems were blessed by the spirits of Wisdom and Patience, and the metal was strengthened by the Spirit of Might. We will use these to call them back to us.'

You say, 'break down?'

Kimm McShannel says 'As most things, the process is not a simple one and we'll need some ingredients for a special potion. You must retrieve four items, which should not prove difficult for a shaman of your stature. They are very specific and I can tell you more about the [skin], the [powder], the [tooth], and the [goo]. When you have all of these things, use my medicine bag to create this potion and return it to me.'

Receive:

You say, 'skin?'

Kimm McShannel says 'First, you must find your way to Kuua for part of the potion. There you will find a foul hound of flesh with no fur and fangs. We need a perfect specimen of some of its skin for our potion. Three should do nicely.' (Ukan Gutfeaster, Dranik's Scar)

You say, 'powder?'

Kimm McShannel says 'The powder is very unique and can be difficult to obtain -- many have died trying as it's a coveted magic. There is an undead fiend that uses this powder to turn many creatures and darken them. It is a beast in a sickly plane which makes it that much more challenging, of course. This powder is needed so that we can use a pinch of it to attract the Spirit of Might close enough to us to have it turn its back on the path of the wasichu.' ' (Elite Corrupted Knight, CoD)

You say, 'tooth?'

Kimm McShannel says 'In suffocating lands, there are a few revenants with a marrow that we need. It's a rather unpleasant task and I'm sure they won't cooperate. You must find four of their teeth.'' (Revenants, The Grey)

You say, 'goo'

Kimm McShannel says 'The goo is very special and will provide a strong acidic base for the agent we are creating. You will find it deep where the spirits groan and drift, where it seems even the walls howl in agony. There is only one creature that produces this goo that we use to separate gem from metal. It is very deep within that place. You should try to obtain two samples of goo.'' (Pulsating Goo, Howling Stones)

Dranik's Scar

Kill: Ukan Gutfeaster . Singles for up to 100; any Ukan can be a placeholder. Spawns near tree at n1000, n1600.

Loot: 3x

*edit - additional info from Gunderson, looks like two mobs may drop the skin*
The Ukun Slavetracker who dropped a perfectly marked ukun skin for me is a static spawn with phs of a couple of types of ukun.

The loc is -792, +767, +439 in Dranik's Scar

Ruins of Lxanvom (Crypt of Decay)

Kill: Elite Corrupted Knight. It's a random spawn and the PH seems to be any of the mobs before and after Carpin. Can be soloed and you can get past Carpin using IVU (random mobs see IVU)

Loot:

The Grey

Kill: a sun revenant (spawn in top left corner around lake). Revenant Tooth appears to be a rare drop; easily soloable by most Shaman.

Loot: 4x

Howling Stones

Kill: Pulsating bile. Goos are placeholders. Found mostly in South and East wings.

Loot: 2x

Lake Rathe

Return to Kimm McShannel.

Combine in Heyokah Medicine Bag: 3x Perfect Marked Ukun , Corruption Powder, 4x Revenant Tooth, and 2x Corrosive Goo - Create: Shaman's Precious Distilling Agent

Give: to Kimm McShannel.

Kimm McShannel nods at you and reaches into her pocket and takes out the gemmed bangle and puts it on the ground. She takes the vial and slowly lets a few drops fall on the platinum. It seems to coil and bend and pulls itself into a small globe and the gems lazily fall onto the ground. 'Perfect,' Kimm says. Now, you must return the gems and platinum to the Spirit of Enlightenment. I've put it in a purse to keep them safe. You truly are beginning to surpass all of our expectations, Karacus.

Receive:

North Freeport

Return to Elder Spirit of Enlightenment.

Give: Runed Purse of the McShannels

Elder Spirit of Enlightenment says 'I will have to pass these along as soon as my messenger gets here. I'm sure you understand that as each spirit loses strength, each of our abilities to keep a form in this tangible world becomes very difficult. We must find a way to sustain a physical presence here or the Ruchu will be in jeopardy. We will ask you to [take part] in the ceremony where our strength may fail us.'

You say, 'take part?'

Elder Spirit of Enlightenment says 'We are still a long way from that, but I feel it is time to [acknowledge] you as a true shaman spirit that has earned the respect of many spirits of the world.'

You say, 'acknowledge?'

Elder Spirit of Enlightenment says 'We, the spirits, have chosen to grant you a gift for all that you've done for us and what you still have left to do. It is just a sampling of the power you may obtain one day as you move forward as one of the heyokah. Guard it and use it well. Should you choose to continue your journey, tell me that you are [prepared to carry on] and save the spirits.'

You have gained 5 ability points!

Receive:

Edit: I put some spaces in your thread-stretching line of --------------s. -Sam
Valsuvious

Server: Maelin Starpyre

Shaman Main

Postby ThraallFV » Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:50 am

Thraall
Firiona Vie
ThraallFV

Server: Firiona Vie

Shaman Main

Postby Valsuvious » Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:19 am

Valsuvious

Server: Maelin Starpyre

Shaman Main

Postby Samanna » Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:58 am

Yup. I just purtied it up and added a little info that people kept asking for. Trivial for one can be challenging for another and undoable for a third.
Samanna

Veteran -----

Server: Prexus

Shaman Main

Postby Laguna » Sat Oct 15, 2005 5:32 pm

Laguna

Server: Sayryn

Postby Webbie » Sat Oct 15, 2005 6:49 pm

Webbie

Server: Saryrn

Postby Omnigar » Sat Oct 15, 2005 6:51 pm

Omnigar

Server: Saryrn

Flying Horse in Sky

Postby Krellas » Sat Oct 22, 2005 11:15 pm

Krellas Devilles
L89 Shaman
4752 AA
Ethereal Kindred
Stromm
Krellas

Shaman Main

Postby Borkan » Sun Oct 23, 2005 1:57 am

Borkan Damunk
70 Iksar Shaman of Fennin Ro
Borkan

Must the 1.5 collections and fights be done in order?

Postby Rootcause » Mon Nov 28, 2005 3:39 pm

Can I go about collecting things before I do the first fight?

Thanks in advance.
Rootcause

Re: Must the 1.5 collections and fights be done in order?

Postby Zethrir » Mon Nov 28, 2005 4:09 pm

Zethrir

Postby Tobyus » Mon Nov 28, 2005 4:17 pm

Tobyuz
70 Barbarian Shaman
Tobyus

Server: Erollisi Marr

Postby Boondowk » Mon Nov 28, 2005 4:44 pm

A necro with the 4th island key can kill you and summon you there, We did the shark fight with 30ish IRRC, most level 70, elemental geared.
<center>Image
75th Level Spiritwatcher of Quellious
Member of </center>
Boondowk

Server: Quellious

Postby Zaviax » Mon Nov 28, 2005 4:46 pm

I have no idea how tough the AM is now since he was a one group mob when I did it for myself.

As for Sky, ask around and see if you can get a rezzer or better a necro who is keyed for 4th Isle. A necro would be best since they can summon your corpse up and rez you if you get them an EE. If you can't find a necro but have a Pally, Cleric or Druid/Shaman with CoTW you can get them a to summon your corpse up.
Zaviax

Server: Tunare

Postby Brohg » Mon Nov 28, 2005 5:08 pm

Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby wsbsteven » Mon Nov 28, 2005 5:39 pm

Sabraaz, 70 Iksar Shaman
Tribunal Server

"And as it was in the days of Noah, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of Man."
wsbsteven

Server: The Tribunal

Postby Tobyus » Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:32 am

Ok, thanks for the tips on sky :) About the AM, I guess he is still a big ? on what it will take. I hope it doesn't take 30 people :( Unless I can get a bunch of shaman that need theirs at once to gather all their friends, I don't see how I'm going to get that many people together.

I know I read somewhere that you can spawn the AM back to back, but I just wanted to be sure that that is still possible, and what "not to do" as far as making it impossible to spawn them back to back.

Thanks again!
Tobyus

Server: Erollisi Marr

Postby Scowls » Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:24 am

do the turn in say the phrase, and it pops, kill it and repeat. there was no timer on spawning it like some other 2.0 mobs. i did it with several other shaman and their friends, wasnt too hard

Scowls

Veteran -

Server: Prexus (TerrisThule)

Postby Henora » Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:05 pm

, shaman of - Terris Thule ( now The Rathe )
Henora

Server: Terris Thule > Prexus > The Rathe

Shaman Main
Druid - Alt/Box

Postby Grendalkhan » Fri Dec 23, 2005 2:20 am

<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=586374">Teesa Zjoquor</a>
<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=453758">GrendalKhan Rose</a> (Retired)

"The general shaman consensus, however, is that the lead spell designer is so wedded to his self-delusional notions of godhood, that he refuses to admit any error unless someone up the food chain from him stuffs a change down his throat."-Chutoi Dogslobber
Grendalkhan

Postby Hammerfoe » Mon Dec 26, 2005 1:36 pm

Hammerfoe

Postby St_HotPants » Mon Dec 26, 2005 1:58 pm

St_HotPants

Rogue Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Grendalkhan » Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:03 pm

Grendalkhan

Gissu problem

Postby TatoEQ » Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:30 pm

TatoEQ

Postby Samanna » Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:46 pm

Seen this a lot, actually. Here's the drill:

1. Make sure you looted and turned in Lustrous Seaweed and received Twine-wrapped Lustrous Seaweed; have it in your inventory.
2. Make sure you have two (no less, especially no more - check bank too) Bleak Fungus in your inventory. - this is the most likely problem
3. Make sure you have looted and turned in three Twinkling Shrub and received Tied Twinkling Shrubs; have it in your inventory.
4. Make sure you have one Brittle Burned Bark in your inventory.
5. Make sure you have one Thatched Medicine Bag in your inventory.
6. Make sure (not needed now, but needed for next step anyway) you have 100 or better Alchemy skill.
7. Make sure you have done EVERY SINGLE HAIL AND CONVERSATION while not invisible or in illusion or bear form. This means go do them all again if needed. - this is the second most likely problem

Please check each of these things out. Do not have any other extra bits of the quest either; I think they check specifically for X number of Y. Extra Fungus is usually the problem, but don't have extra of any of those, just to be safe.
Last edited by Samanna on Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Samanna

Veteran -----

Shaman Main

Thanks

Postby TatoEQ » Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:06 am

TatoEQ

Re: Must the 1.5 collections and fights be done in order?

Postby Ochi » Sun Jan 15, 2006 6:36 am

Ochi

Server: Bertoxx

Postby Samanna » Sun Jan 15, 2006 9:37 am

Samanna

Veteran -----

Shaman Main

Postby Ochi » Mon Jan 16, 2006 6:32 am

Thanks, unfortunately i just used the guide and didn't glance at the checkilist heh
Ochi

Server: Bertoxx

Postby Samanna » Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:59 am

Oops, yeah, I meant checklist. But I added a note to the walkthrough as well.
Samanna

Veteran -----

Shaman Main

Postby Radreget » Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:27 pm

Radreget

Postby wsbsteven » Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:10 am

wsbsteven

Server: The Tribunal

Postby Samanna » Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:54 pm

Note: With PoR, the Jade Tiger's Den is now close to the main gates in West Freeport. The Elder Spirit of Enlightenment is at approx -250/-525
Samanna

Veteran -----

Shaman Main

Cobalt Scar sharks

Postby Skalor » Mon May 01, 2006 3:14 pm

Just wanted to post some info on the CS sharks, since I couldn't find a whole lot.
The invis vs animals works so that when spawn the sharks are not instant aggro.
I green pet pulled the two small sharks easily, once pulled they were a joke.
The big shark was not too bad either after the 2 small sharks were gone.
Was me, lvl 70, lvl 70 war 15k/2k, lvl 70 war 10k/1.5k. I had a little trouble keeping up with the heals on the big shark, but nothing major.
Hope this helps someone.
Skalor

Postby ludor » Sun Jul 02, 2006 4:58 am

ludor

Postby Samanna » Sun Jul 02, 2006 12:32 pm

Samanna

Veteran -----

Shaman Main

Postby ludor » Sun Jul 02, 2006 2:26 pm

ludor

Postby Samanna » Sun Jul 02, 2006 4:11 pm