[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - SoF Shaman Armor from Raid Content

SoF Shaman Armor from Raid Content

Information about gear drops and quests, including Epics; also gear checks.

Moderator: Shaman Mods

SoF Shaman Armor from Raid Content

Postby Samanna » Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:53 pm

Last edited by Samanna on Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Samanna

Veteran -----

Server: Prexus

Shaman Main

Postby Kanamori Hitatomi » Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:36 pm

Raid gear follows a somewhat similar path as the group gear.

The Tier 1 raid armor is a drop from a Tier 1 raids. Tier 2 armor drops from Tier 2 raids. Tier 3 armor is made withGyro Core: Dedicant, a Gyro Core Embedder. The Embedder is bought from in Dragonscale Hills, who is on the Ak'anon Strike Force V faction [need indifferent faction to see it] for 2500pp. Tier 4 armor is unknown at this time.

There also is another option for getting the Tier 3 armor by completing a certain number of raids to unlock a raid gear mold merchant (no previous drops needed, just combine the mold and the gyro core).
Last edited by Kanamori Hitatomi on Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

92 Barbarian Shammyknight!
Bristlebane-Tribunal Server - I play on Tribunal damnit!

SHAMMYKNIGHT !!! Okay, perhaps I'm now less of a speedbump than fluffy was when we first got him...
Mod - Most work is on our
Kanamori Hitatomi

Server: Tribunal

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby Kanamori Hitatomi » Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:44 pm

Got a name for the armor that we need to upgrade with Gyro Cores Brohg?
Last edited by Kanamori Hitatomi on Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kanamori Hitatomi

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby Finori » Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:48 pm

Me thinks this is part of the SoF raid armor progression:
Tier 2:

Tier 3 examples?:

-added (Sam)
Finori

Postby Samanna » Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:14 pm

Samanna

Veteran -----

Shaman Main

Postby Kanamori Hitatomi » Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:40 pm

Kanamori Hitatomi

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby Dakota » Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:48 am

Dakota

Shaman Main
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Samanna » Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:40 am

Samanna

Veteran -----

Shaman Main

Postby Grumble » Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:34 pm

Grumble

Server: Povar - Ex Tunare

Shaman Main

Postby Funi » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:33 am

Funi

Shaman Main

Postby Funi » Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:09 pm

Funi

Shaman Main

Postby Funi » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:01 pm

Asked a guildie to upload the tier 3 bracer

Tier 1 Steel-Welded are drops from tier 1 bosses which I listed above
Tier 2 Ancient Scaled are drops from tier 2 bosses which I lilsted above
Tier 3 Prophetic Seer's Scaled are made from Gyro Cores that drop from Tier 3 bosses

Tier 3 bosses are bosses from mansion raid instance and the HoS instance Shade Soulbleeder and one Bloodmoon instance Crystal Prison. From the looks of things tier 1 and 2 are drops and can not be made through combines and tier 3 and 4 are not drops but combines only.

Hope this info is helpfull.
Funi

Shaman Main

MMM Raid Gear Walk-Thru

Postby Zinovy » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:22 pm

Location: Dragonscale (to the east of the Catapult to Fortress) Loc ...3695, n2551, 26
Faction: Strikeforce V - Need INDIFFERENT
Vendor: Automated Vending Unit II
Pieces Needed:
(Class-Type) Gyro Core - Raid Drop (Shown is Classes and Gear type)
Un-cored (silk,leather,chain,plate) Item (ex. gloves,bracer, boots) template
~30k pp for boot Template
~29k pp for gloves
~27k for bracer
Then you put the two pieces (Template,Gyro Core) in the
Gyro Core Embedder ~1.8k pp

There you have your MMM Raid Gear

Or you Get the Ancient Raid gear from Tier 2 + Gyro Core Embedder and the Gyro Core itself to make Tier 3 (MMM Gear) Saving 27-50k PP.
Last edited by Zinovy on Fri May 09, 2008 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zinovy

Server: Maelin Starpyre (Vazaelle)

Shaman Main
Berserker - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Funi » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:35 am

There are several more pieces posted on Lucy now here for tier 3 armor . I made the hat and arms in the last week using tier 2 armor and gyro core to confirm that it works and others in the guild have confirmed to me that the tier 1 works as well. Also notice that the the arms no longer have fire focus or any focus at all for that matter once it becomes class specific.

We are one kill away from breaking into Crystallos raid instance so hopefully I'll be able to start talking about tier 4 armor soon. I do have a few guesses but I'll keep quiet till I see it for myself.

Oh, one last thing. I got the Gyro Core:Dedicant (hat) from Brenda in mansion
Funi

Shaman Main

Postby Valsuvious » Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:49 pm

Valsuvious

Server: Maelin Starpyre

Shaman Main

Postby Brohg » Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:50 am

Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Re: SoF Shaman Armor from Raid Content

Postby Douglasone » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:43 am

I have had a full suit of the tier 2 raid armor for some time on Fenin. I am really pissed that sony in their infinite wisdom made it nearlly useless, instead of busting your ass to get the gear the working even harder to get it upgraded, now all you have to do is get a gyro-admittedly still tough to do, and 50k for a mold and you get to jump straight to tier3. Why don't they just take the gear outa the raid content since all you need to raid for are the gyro. If you want to see the full suit go look on my magelo http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1333372 ,btw don't laughtoo hard at the augs, never had a l0ot of luck on those lol. The point is i wasted a lot of dkp buying this gear, and now gonna have to double , at the very least my dkp that I already spent just to get the gyros. Sony loves to take the fun outa things, I love my gear, but wish my push to get a full suit actually meant something. If sony wants to get ppl to actually try to get the raid armor again they might consider putting a bonus focus or saomething nice on the gear IF and only IF it ius actually upgraded from tier2 to 3 and 4 from the the armor itself and not the gyro plus the vendor mold. Give the people that actually play the game and do the raids and bust their asses, a reward. You did it the the VP aug, ppl that had the old aug and got it upgraded got a slightly better aug than the ppl that took the shortcut got. BTW I was the first on Fenin to complete a suit(not getting the 2nd bracer until I get the gyro), and I am proud of it even though lots of ppl laugh at it and tell me how big a waste of time it was-thanks sony.
Douglasone

Server: Fennin Ro

Postby Funi » Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:28 am

Keep in mind that once you beat tier 3 events those molds become visible on the vendor and you can just buy them without spending dkp on them to get your T3 armor. Molds are anywhere from 26k to 32k (from memory). Scroll up and read my first post here which is a complete walk through.
Funi

Shaman Main

Postby Funi » Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:40 am

Hmm, looks like my post completing T4 armor was lost so gonna repost what I got:

T4 is very simple really. As you kill events in the raid version of Crystallos , two per event, will drop. Unlike Gyro Cores these are not class specific but like Gyro Cores they are slot specific. ei: mini event in the fire wing with drop Prismaridescent Essence for bracers which are all/all. Unlike group content once you get this Prismaridescent Essence from that fire mini event your done with one bracer. No need to worry about getting some sort of essence from each wing.

Once you have your Prismaridescent Essence you will combine your armor with the slot specific Prismaridescent Essence in a Prismaridescent Essence Grafter. I'd suggest unauging it before hand. Prismaridescent Essence Grafter are vendor sold in Dragonscale Hills for just under 2700 plat by Aring, Jashy, Tonas, and Vesiss as long as you have faction to amiable.
Funi

Shaman Main

Postby Douglasone » Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:15 pm

I know all about the process, just pissed that sonys put out good gear then makes it obsolete before ppl really have a chance to get it,, I wanted the armor because it was major upgrades for me across the board, could never afford an entire suit of cultural gear, and soltaris gear has nearly none of the special effects. That will teach me, never trust sony again, they give with one hand and hold a bat over your head to beat the hell oyuta u if you take the stuff or if you don't. A lot of the fun is going with stunts like this. Why the bloody hell did they even make tier 1 and 2, next time you guys start designing something please stop smiking what you are doing at least 8 hours before going back to work lol next time you make some really nice stuff availible, tell us ahead of time that all of it will be obsolete before we even get it. The armor is much better than most other gear, katta is good, and cultural is great if u have a few million plat to play with. Sony makes us do all sorts of quests and missions to get stuff then when some ppl have busted their asses doing them, sony announces hey we wnna make it easier so ppl don't have to do all that anymore. They screwed ius on the armor, now why don't they make the sof augs-like the face aug, ak'anon strike force and others soloable, why don't they let us have the rk3 spells just for the runes instead of making us get grps and do a song and dance to unlock the gd things AFTER we raid and get the runes. lol Those guys are all doing theior own thing, I sincerely doubt anyone at sony knows what anyone else is actually doing. At ;east put a decent focus or something on the gear for ppl that actually upgrade the armor from tier2 instead of taking shortcut, throw us something. One last thing I have never seen whether or not you can upgrade the teir 2 with a purity aug in it without destroying the aug or not. Knowing sony again prolly not, and since you cannot remove the purity augs without destroying them, you have to make the choice to either not up the purity until u upgrade to tier 3 and lose a lot of stats, or get your gyros and then stop MMM and Crystallos raids and go back to farming katta missions for another 7-8000 orum for new purity augs. Someone should tell the devs that if they wanna make the game enjoyable for all ppl then quit screwing so many of us over. Needless to say I am a little miffed lol
Douglasone

Postby Brohg » Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:51 am

Holy text block, batman!
Brohg

Veteran ----

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Douglasone » Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:40 pm

I know ain't it a peach Robin lol. I just have my opinion, but a number of ppl I have talked feel about the same. Mostly ppl that have been getting the tier 2 stuff, and using the purity augs. They have other issues they are pissed about too, but unlike them I am not afriad to express myself lol.
Douglasone

Postby Funi » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:24 am

I honestly am having a hard time understanding your complaint. First of all your post are a bit difficult to read. Secondly your complaint seems to have changed from the first post. At first it seemed you where upset by spending dkp getting a full set of T2 armor and having to do it all over again to get T3. If so that's a DKP issue and not SoE's fault at all. But of course you don't have to get T2 armor at all to get T3 since you can just purchase the molds. Your first post says how useless T2 armor is but then in your second post you say what a huge upgrade it was. Not even end zone TSS armor was a "hugely" upgraded by T2 armor.

Is it useless now because your guild is now killing T3 events? Try to remember there are still a lot of guilds out there that are not able to kill the T3 event and T2 armor being pretty close to Solteris level gear (a little under if I remember without looking it up) gives guilds a faster gearing path than just doing Solteris once a week in order to prepare for the T3 events. The gear is not useless if it provides a stepping stone for guilds to progress. T2 also has heroic stats which is pretty substantial. I have about 600 hit points and mana that do not show up on my magelo due to heroic stats and a majority of my gear doesn't have heroic stats yet.

If T2 gear was a big upgrade to you then I suspect that gear has already help your guild progress into the T3 events so it's not useless but then maybe I have miss understood you. And what special effects are you talking about missing from Solteris? If your guild has broken into T3 events I'd say forget about Solteris because everything about T3 is better than anything from Solteris. Unless of course you are a newer member, low on the dkp scale, in which case you should be looting so you can't catch up to the other members of the guild and help them progress.

Another thing, all gyro cores do is reduce rots and help a guild progress faster which is no different than Solteris really. The only complaint you could have here is if you where low on your guilds DKP system. In TBS you went from the best TSS armor to the best TBS armor with nothing in between. If your raiding guild couldn't beat Solteris then you didn't get any TBS armor at all. Now there are options guilds didn't have before. If your guild can't beat Crystallos raid instance your guild can still upgrade it's members from Solteris armor to better prepare them for that.

If your just worried that some people can go directly to T3 armor without having to get T2 armor chances are, they or most the guild already has a full set of Solteris armor and so it's not that big a deal. The only people in this situation getting T2 armor are prolly newer members and they need it to become an asset quicker rather than a liability to the guild.

Hopefully one of these issues was your complaint and I was able to answer it for you other wise I'm not real sure what your so upset about.
Funi

Shaman Main

Postby Douglasone » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:02 pm

My complaint is instead of requiring ppl to get tier 2 and then upgrade to tier3, all they need to do is skip tier2 and get a gyro and whammo they have tier3. It allows ppl to skip tier 2 gear, it kind of makes tier 2 gear obsolete, why even get tier 2 since you can stay in your soltaris gear which has much more AC and move directly to tier3 when you get gyros. Why even have tier 2 anymore? Most of my guild won't touch the stuff. I know, the next statement is not sonys fault but it stems from letting ppl bypass tier 2. While I am bidding on tier 2 stuff with the view to getting tier 3 and 4, the rest are getting all the other upgrades sucks as rings, neck and range items, and then will bid later and get the tier 3, while those of us that went the tier 2 route, will have to do tier 2, thenother upgrades then gyros. Myself and others want to know WHY even have tier 1 and 2 raid gear since all you need is one drop and some vendor stuff to get tier 3? If they are going to just let ppl buy their way into the upper levels of the gear. I object to sony letting ppl buy their way past others, if you want higher levels of gear make them work for it, not buy it. I know what you will say-oh well they worked to get the gyros-yea I know but they didn't work their way through the tier 2. It's kinda like sony is letting them jump in line ahead of the rest of us. I am not complaining about the tier 2 armor itself, I love the stuff, I object to sony letting others skip ahead. I was saying why not give ppl that actually upgrade the tier 2 to tier 3 a small bonus like the did in the past with at least 1 aug I know of. An extra effect or something nothing major just something to show that we went the extra mile, we worked that much harder for it.
I have one other question too, that noone seems to know the answer to. Its about the purity augs, do they have to be removed before you upgrade with the gyro or is the gyro being added gonna act like its just getting something added? Is it gonna destroy the purity aug, or do we need to destroy the purity aug first- another thing I know lots of ppl are pissed about-the purity augs cannot be saftlly removed thus required another 7-8000 orum to redo the augs after upgrading-what a way to force ppl to go back and spend tons of time redoing old content so they can get the extra stats from their gear lol. Or make ppl buy lots of plat so they buy the orum from "farmers" ? I earned all but 1100 orum for the 8 purity augs I have purchased already, and really do not wanna spend another month or so doing the same katta missions over and over and over again. At 1000 a pop those bloody things take a while to earn.
Douglasone

Postby Samanna » Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:40 pm

Samanna

Veteran -----

Shaman Main

Postby Brohg » Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:20 pm

Douglasone took the stepping-stone armor instead of holding out for the bigger upgrade, and now he wants for everyone else who didn't enjoy the benefit of new armor to pay just as much dkp as he did at the end of the day. We encountered and dealt with this in my guild via the "tough noogies" system.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Veril » Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:01 am

1) if T2 is an upgrade to you then great, you benefited.
2) if T2 wasn't an upgrade, why buy it? for some people it will be better. For others go solteris, for others wait for t3.

Purity Augs: You cannot remove them from the armour they are in. This is by design and is not going to change. The augs are a bonus and encounters are balanced assuming that you do not have them.

Decide what to aug, or what to skip and wait. Your decision. now you know.
Veril

Veteran -

Server: Antonius Bayle

Shaman Main
Magician - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Haiden » Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:07 pm

Douglasone's arguement stps holding water when his guild has to farm the trivial Tier 2 armor content to be able to make the Tier 3 armor drops they get so that they can make the Tier 4 armor stuff. That is 3x the raiding for the gear. I think the current system is a good deal, it allows people to skip some other raid content and gear in SoF raids while still giving good gear to the high end raids with out them having to farm trivial content for months to be able to use the loot recieved in the raids they are doing.
Haiden

Server: Maelin Starpyre

Shaman Main
Paladin - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Douglasone » Wed May 07, 2008 1:16 am

It's the same thing that a lot of ppl got mad about when sony let ppl bypass flagging and keying just by zoning in and looting a backflag. PPl that busted their asses getting the flags and keys then wham- forget it you can loot a backflag and get what the others worked for. And no 90% of all those keys and flags you worked for are no longer necessary, just get to the right level and go on in. No longer are you someone that worked to get access to a zone, you just another face in the crowd. Its the same thing, sony is equalizing everyone. There are no more standouts, no more superstars, It used to be wow you guys are in CoA thats cool, now its your in CoA, so what!
Douglasone

Postby Brohg » Wed May 07, 2008 1:31 am

How impressed were you that someone turned seven years old, when you were six? Did seventh birthdays continue to impress you the same way when you were fifteen?
Brohg

Veteran ----

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Veril » Wed May 07, 2008 6:59 am

Veril

Veteran -

Server: Antonius Bayle

Shaman Main
Magician - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Funi » Wed May 07, 2008 10:13 am

Funi

Shaman Main

Postby Samanna » Wed May 07, 2008 12:46 pm

Thanks, Funi, I'm putting together a page on it.
Samanna

Veteran -----

Shaman Main

Postby Samanna » Wed May 21, 2008 1:02 am

Posted at http://samanna.net/wiki/index.php/SOF_Shaman_Gear

Please advise of any errors (or just edit it yourself). :)

I guess I need to scare up a list of focus magnitude per tier...
Samanna

Veteran -----

Shaman Main

Postby Finori » Wed May 21, 2008 1:03 pm

I do not think the Ancient Scale Coat or Steel-Welded Ringmail Coat have a Slot 15.
aug1type 8
aug2type 14
aug3type 1
aug4type 2
aug5type 0
Finori

Postby Samanna » Wed May 21, 2008 5:35 pm

Thanks, fixed.
Samanna

Veteran -----