[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Linked Energeiac Armor Sets

Linked Energeiac Armor Sets

Information about gear drops and quests, including Epics; also gear checks.

Moderator: Shaman Mods

Linked Energeiac Armor Sets

Postby Kennar » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:00 pm

Hi everyone,

Just a quick question I am hoping that someone could help me out with: I am looking at upgrading my armor to (mostly to take advantage of focus upgrades). What does "purity" refer to on these items? And what are power sources?

Can anyone suggest appropriate / alternate upgrades for a Shaman that solo’s most of the time and prefers to mix his AAXP and regular XP to create a well rounded character (as opposed to level racing)?

Thanks for your help all.

Keepers of the Glade
51 Shaman, Bertoxxulous
Kennar

Server: Bertoxxulous

Shaman Main
Magician - Alt/Box
Paladin - Alt/Box

Postby Kruzar » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:37 pm

Purity refers to how well a Power Source is used to power up Infusible armor. The higher the Purity, the better it powers up.

Powersources are like the batteries used to give better stats to the infusible armor. There are a wide variety of Power Sources available out there. Some are bought with Orum and Doubloons (group content), and some can be tradeskilled.

Powersources can be popped in and out of the Powersource slot, and you will see the armor get better from being powered up.

It doesn't make a whole lot of sense just writing it out, but you can definetly see how the powersources effect the armor when you try a piece.
Kruzar- Kitty Rogue of 85 Seasons
Kyleanea- Barbarian Shaman of 75 Seasons
Kruzar

Rogue Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Kennar » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:46 pm

Thanks Kruzar.

I sincerely appreciate the info. For the Energeiac armor sets, is a power source a required item? Or are they used to simply maximize the potential of armor (beyond the base stats reported on Allakhazam)? Does the armor degrade without the use of a power source? I know, probably a few newbie type questions but I tend to get left behind as the expansions role out.

Appreciate the help.
Kennar

Shaman Main
Magician - Alt/Box
Paladin - Alt/Box

Postby Kruzar » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:51 pm

For the armor pieces themselves the Powersources are not required. All they do is add additional stats and such to the armor when plugged in. For me, I use them when I am actually doing something and take them out when I am just hanging out in the Guild Hall.

The armor itself does not degrade. The Powersources will degrade over time with use. (Think kinda like a battery losing power over time) The more pieces of armor being powered up will increase how fast they degrade. If you have a mix and match of armor...only those pieces that are listed as infusible will gain stats and drain the powersources. (My shammy's magelo has a couple of infusible pieces- the BP, the Hands, Helm.. I think that is all of them)

Hope that helps..
Kruzar

Rogue Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Kennar » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:00 pm

Again, thanks for the info .. definitely cleared up a few things for me.
Kennar

Shaman Main
Magician - Alt/Box
Paladin - Alt/Box

Return to Equipment & Loot