[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Colossus Shard Earring (Clicky 180HP buff)

Colossus Shard Earring (Clicky 180HP buff)

Information about gear drops and quests, including Epics; also gear checks.

Moderator: Shaman Mods

Colossus Shard Earring (Clicky 180HP buff)

Postby Retron » Mon May 05, 2008 11:49 am

Old news to some, I'm sure, but there's a nice earring for non-raiders available on a mob in Arcstone. The Colossus was once a raid mob but with the advent of level 80, new spells and (most importantly) our AC mitigation changes, he's now soloable.

Here's the mob:

http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=20274

and here's the drop (1 in 3 chance of dropping).

Colossus Shard Earring
MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM NO TRADE
Slot: EAR
Charges: Unlimited
AC: 30
DEX: +17 STA: +25 CHA: +20 WIS: +18 INT: +18 HP: +205 MANA: +205 ENDUR: +205
SV FIRE: +20 SV DISEASE: +20 SV COLD: +10 SV POISON: +20
Accuracy: +15 Mana Regeneration: +4 Damage Shield: +4
Recommended level of 70. Required level of 68.
Effect: Form of Endurance II (Any Slot/Can Equip, Casting Time: 2.0) at Level 65
WT: 0.7 Size: SMALL
Class: ALL
Race: ALL
Slot 1, Type 8 (General: Raid)

Bear in mind I'm a group-geared player - if I can solo it, I'm sure other shamans can too!

Colossus quads for 1900s, rampages and is partially slowable. He has tons of HPs, not quite as many as the Seventh Hammer but not far short.

My strategy was as follows:

* Fully buff up, with Langour running (and memmed). Summon a pet, buff with Panther (for DPS). 3 DoTs memmed, plus Gemmi and Ancestral Intervention.
* Use potion buffs: HP potions, symbol clicky (from TSS), efficiency awareness 4 or higher (to extend DoTs), regen awareness 4 or higher (for extra tick on HoT). I also had Rolist's Drowse memmed.

The colossus isn't social and I was able to single-pull him easily to the entrance of the valley, just up from the teleport pad to Relic. He's a relatively straightforward fight for the first 50%, although I did have to use the odd blast heal to suppliment Languid Health and Zephyr.

Be warned that at 50% two LB, 1000-quadding adds will spawn, rockstorm models. They're not rootable and they summon. When they popped, I used F8 and cast Drowse. This does two things: gives you a small rune and slows them down so that you can use Spirit Call - with luck, the wolves will tank-mez one of them for you.

I then popped Ancestral Guard and while that was absorbing the damage from all three mobs I was able to get both adds properly slowed (the wolves help greatly with spreading them out). DPS the adds down, using Union, AncAid, Rabid Bear and epic if needed for extra healing.

Once you've dealt with the adds, it's downhill all the way. Around 10% the Colossus will turn to run and four adds will spawn in quick succession. Although they look the same as the 50% adds, they're much easier to deal with: fully slowable, rootable and they don't summon. My strategy was to punt one with VP, Drowse the rest and then slow them with Swarm, one by one. An alternative strategy would be to use clicky leggings to root them all away.

The final rockstorm will have the loot, either a chain bracer, a silk bracer or (if you're lucky) the earring.

Apparently Colossus is on a 1-day respawn but he's still farmed a fair bit on AB at least.
Retron

Server: Antonius Bayle (ex-VS)

Shaman Main
Beastlord - Alt/Box

Re: Colossus Shard Earring (Clicky 180HP buff)

Postby Derakahn » Tue May 06, 2008 5:36 pm

I took this guy out a couple times, the above is pretty good info, if you don't have at least half decent resists he'll toss you all over the place though. First time I killed it was when I was running around doing the cloak quest for my new bot/twink warrior and figured I'd try it. Well... warrior didn't last long heh, but I was able to duo it with monk/shaman with 0 trouble and not a single AE landed on either monk or shaman.
Got the earring the first try for warrior (should have taken it for the shammy) and haven't seen another one drop since, but as I said, I only killed it a couple times and haven't gone back to try to get another.

Good luck anyone trying to get it, it's a lot easier than trying to get a mask from CT =P

Derakahn

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Turgor » Wed May 07, 2008 2:33 pm

What does the 180hp buff stack with?

I already Torque of the Wyrmlord - 300hp Brell line buff
and I also have Orb of Duskmold Orb of Duskmold - 700hp Symbol line Buff

Tho this is easier than both of my clickies, I may try this for an alt or two, unless it stacks with Brells, Symbol and Focus
Turgor

Shaman Main
Berserker - Alt/Box

Postby Finori » Wed May 07, 2008 2:57 pm

Finori

Postby Dakota » Wed May 14, 2008 12:39 am

Sigh, had him to 37%, Error: Reset Device Failed ()
Dakota

Shaman Main
Monk - Alt/Box

Return to Equipment & Loot