[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Solo'able gear check

Solo'able gear check

Information about gear drops and quests, including Epics; also gear checks.

Moderator: Shaman Mods

Solo'able gear check

Postby Vasei » Thu May 15, 2008 8:40 am

Never thought I'd find myself doing one of these. ;)

My new work hours are NOT playing nice with my guild's raid schedule, and what I'm really hoping for is pointers on some stuff I can solo when nobody's on to group with (with my current gear, I'll be stretching your imagination), or possibly duo with a boxed bard (or I might haul out my hubby's 75 necro, though I find the bard a lot easier to box & pull with). You'll notice I did a lot of my gearing up on Anguish-type drops, and some of the more common minor TSS type stuff. Predictably, I've dumped a lot of DKP into jewelry, so those sweet dwerium augmentable TS items are (I'm guessing, could be off base) not going to help so much.

What foci I had has mostly been dropped for massive HP upgrades - the first thing I probably need to track down is a decent affliction focus, and it'd be nice to replace that mana pres shoulder...

Oh, since I'm on test, just assume nothing's for sale in the bazaar. But if there's tradeskilled or cultural stuff, I'll be able to find a guildie to make it. Heading off to eqtraders now to see if I can ferret some meaning from the new tradeskill .

Test Server
Primal Brood
Vasei

Shaman Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Re: Solo'able gear check

Postby Tordail » Thu May 15, 2008 9:24 am

You're going to need to post a Magelo. There's a spot in your profile (click the Profile (UCP) tab at the top) to enter it.

You might take a look at thread; there are zillions of goodies in there. You can see if you can tribute a better level of Mana Preservation to tide you over until you get a tasty upgrade. As for an affliction focus, I much prefer damage-specific foci as opposed to general affliction foci. You can take a look at Sam's 75 and 80 focus charts to get an idea of the foci names and the items that have those foci.
~
Tordail

Veteran -

Server: Luclin

Shaman Main

Postby Macnair » Thu May 15, 2008 12:32 pm

You can buy a bunch of 50 hp and 55 hp augments in lavastorm, if you can buy radiant crystals in the bazaar there. I didn't count them all up, but I would guess that would net you 200 or 300 more hp over the minor augs you have now.

There is also a burning affliction augment there.

Macnair

Server: Vazaelle (Maelin Starshine)

Shaman Main
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby Samanna » Thu May 15, 2008 3:35 pm

You can probably solo four 70 hp 7/8 augs in RSS, too. That should be the baseline for fingers/ears.
Samanna

Veteran -----

Server: Prexus

Shaman Main

Postby Brohg » Thu May 15, 2008 5:14 pm

Breaking the ph room for the 65hp neck/shoulder/back/waist augment is somewhat more challenging than the 70hp finger/ear one, but doable.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Retron » Fri May 16, 2008 12:47 am

Retron

Server: Antonius Bayle (ex-VS)

Shaman Main
Beastlord - Alt/Box

Postby Samanna » Fri May 16, 2008 6:58 am

Hrm... I think I'll turn this info into a Solo gear guide on the wiki.

More, please!
Samanna

Veteran -----

Shaman Main

Postby Kianor » Fri May 16, 2008 7:46 am

Look into the Jonas Dagmire Skeletal Hand quest. I soloed almost all of that and I would say that you could do most of it solo without great gear. The bit you might need help with is the quests inside the boat of the main island.
Kianor

Veteran -

Server: Antonius Bayle

Shaman Main

Postby Retron » Fri May 16, 2008 8:29 am

Retron

Server: Antonius Bayle (ex-VS)

Shaman Main
Beastlord - Alt/Box

Postby Samanna » Fri May 16, 2008 9:44 am

Rockin'! Yeah, I'll use the search feature here... :twisted:

So it looks like we'll wind up with pages for:

Solo-, Group- and Raid-acquired: Clickies, Gear, Augs, and possibly list pri/sec items on their own pages. I'll order the gear page sections by slot, and within each slot, list in descending order the 5 or 10 best maybe? And possibly soloable focus items, too.

ps, I don't see a Retron login there yet... :wink:
Samanna

Veteran -----

Shaman Main

Postby Vasei » Fri May 16, 2008 4:34 pm

Holy crap, guys, these sound like a lot of fun!

Sorry about the magelo, I put it in my sig, and just assumed it would be in the post. But literally nothing I've done this week has worked as expected. ;)
http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1360355

Thanks as always. I can't wait to dive into these. (though I suspect some will have to wait... inner vergalid? seems like it'd be beyond my gear level, but what do I know?)
Vasei

Shaman Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Postby Tordail » Fri May 16, 2008 5:57 pm

It probably is in your sig ... but I have sigs turned off because so many people insist on using tacky images and other BS in their sigs. It makes it hard to view pages while at work.
Tordail

Veteran -

Shaman Main

Postby Finori » Fri May 16, 2008 6:16 pm

It's the little "m" button in the left block. :)
Finori

Postby Tordail » Fri May 16, 2008 6:56 pm

Now it is, yes.
Tordail

Veteran -

Shaman Main

Postby Douglasone » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:53 am

There used to be a link on this site to a ton of shm usable clicky's but I can nolonger find it. Does anyone remember where it is by chance? The search is not getting it, Someold clicky's would be very nice to have, like the IVU one from VT, save on potions.

http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1333372
Douglasone

Server: Fennin Ro

Postby Sowslow » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:52 am

Sowslow

Server: The Rathe -> Quellious -> Povar

Shaman Main
Magician - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Return to Equipment & Loot