[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Epic 2.0 Final Fight

Epic 2.0 Final Fight

Information about gear drops and quests, including Epics; also gear checks.

Moderator: Shaman Mods

Epic 2.0 Final Fight

Postby Genii-Hukisu » Tue May 27, 2008 11:09 pm

I've been dabbling with the shaman 2.0 epic for some time now on my shaman bot. I've been stuck on the last two fights so to speak due to lack of interest getting my guild to pitch in during non-raid time. I was growing impatient and decided to give the Lightning Warrior Spiritseeker fight a go two boxed and was shocked how easy the encounter was.

I am wondering how much more difficult the last encounter is if you do it ideally. I'd like to just two box it and call it done! I understand that there is a need to NDT the two adds, I figure if I can get them at my back, slowed, no damage shield and keep them interested with AoE aggro they shouldn't pose any threat. I read the Discordling Spiritcaller hits for roughly 1500 max.. If I get him slowed, cure the manadrain and keep the shamans mana at a decent level it should be an easy win.?? What do you think.. should I give it a go or wait for some help so as to not disappoint myself? Both toons are very un-uber, but with the ease of the Lightning Warrior Spiritseeker encounter my hopes are up. Magelos are linked below, about 40aa outdated on the shaman (she basically has finished quickbuff and Canni V at this point in addition to whats there already, makes her so much more powerful from a bot perspective!) Thank you for your advice!

Shaman Magelo -
Shadowknight Magelo -

Genii-Hukisu

Shadowknight Main
Shaman - Alt/Box

Re: Epic 2.0 Final Fight

Postby Brohg » Wed May 28, 2008 2:54 am

This will not succeed. The WoS encounter is much much tougher than the one you've just done. Much tougher.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Veril » Wed May 28, 2008 6:38 am

I'd strongly suggest you try it. Worst that happens is you wipe, summon and rezz and have lost 1 hour's playtime, and then you will have an idea of what extra you need to succeed
Veril

Veteran -

Server: Antonius Bayle

Shaman Main
Magician - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Tordail » Wed May 28, 2008 9:08 am

I think you're going to die spectacularly. I'd probably grab myself a group or two of guildys and have at it, but I don't believe there's really anything to be lost by giving it a go yourself.
~
Tordail

Veteran -

Server: Luclin

Shaman Main

Postby Vasei » Wed May 28, 2008 9:39 am

I'm curious to hear the results, though. ;)

I remember this not being too bad at 75, with maybe a group and a half? (anguish geared, mostly) Seems like it'd have to be doable now with a couple of tank mezzers and a spare healer or two. That mana drain was nasty, as were the interrupts. Main problem that I remember was he had more hps than I'd expected, and the mana drain outpaced my ability to replenish.

Test Server
Primal Brood
Vasei

Shaman Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Thu May 29, 2008 2:47 am

There's no mana drain. There's a mana pool debuff AE, nothing that drains.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Fandele Longtooth » Thu May 29, 2008 9:19 am

I did this for myself about 2 months ago wearing tier 3 sof group gear. I had:

Me! (shaman)
Monk
Shadowknight
Wizard

We were all at approximately the same gear level. I think the SK was around 3300 AC/15k hp at the time. And we were all mains. No boxes.

It was really intense, and really, really fun. It was one of those fights where everyone in the group ends up dropping into the single digits at one point or another, and I ended up burning GRB/Spiritual really early, like 70-80%, because I just ran dry that fast. After that point though, with everything slowed and aggro mostly sorted, we got into the rhythm and the rest of it wasn't so bad.

Proceed with caution. I'm not sure if the adds are mezzable, but a bard/chanter would make this almost trivial if they are.
Fandele Longtooth

Server: Zebugony

Shaman Main
Rogue - Alt/Box

Postby Vasei » Thu May 29, 2008 11:16 am

Ok, you made me check, because I remember my (pitifully small) mana pool drying up near instantly. Mebbe you're just too uber and didn't notice the:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spel ... spell=3644
3: Decrease Mana by 300 per tick

Or you were just clever and got the heck outta range. ;)
Vasei

Shaman Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Postby Arrica » Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:56 pm

Just did this fight a couple days ago for my shammy box. Did it with me (80 ranger mix of Solteris and T2/T3 SoF raid gear 20.5k hp/4.1k ac unbuffed) my shammy bot (75, TBS and SoF group geared - 10k mana unbuffed) and a guildie monk (80, comparably geared to my ranger - 21.5k hp/4.2k ac unbuffed), boxing a cleric (80, TSS raid geared - 16k unbuffed).

To make the fight all the more interesting, we had Girplan Guardian add at about 85% on Spiritcaller. My shaman was OOM by about 50% on Spiritcaller, and the cleric was OOM at about 40% on GG, med-healing.

Was definetely an interesting fight, and while granted, our mains are somewhat in the "upper" echelon, it gives an idea of what might be needed for the fight these days, i.e. I think a single group, solidly built could handle it no problem even without *new* raid gear, especially if you take the time to clear GG first if he's up. The fight would have been so much less, well, epic :P were it not for GG adding.
Arrica

Ranger Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Return to Equipment & Loot