[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Spear of Fate oddity/quest bug

Spear of Fate oddity/quest bug

Information about gear drops and quests, including Epics; also gear checks.

Moderator: Shaman Mods

Spear of Fate oddity/quest bug

Postby Thosa » Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:38 am

Completed Spear of Fate quest on Stromm.

One odd part happened.

I did the quest in order, and when I got to this point

Emerald Jungle

Give the scale to the Spirit Sentinel in the pond.

Spirit Sentinel says 'What is this? The scale of Rak'Ashiir's father? Then Rak has repented his mistake? But why is the mantle still in place? If Rak has repented, then the mantle should have dissolved since he was the one who initiated its construction. But is its initiation the key? How could we have been so blind? Kirn said Rak'Ashiir had the blood of his people on his hands but that is false. Rak merely pointed to a path that would lead them to destruction. It was the people who chose to follow. Now all [is lost].'

The dog wouldn't talk to me anymore after I turned in the scale. He said I needed to "prove myself" or somet.

But the Spear of Fate magically appeared in my bag, I just didn't get to go through the cyber
Thosa

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Re: Spear of Fate oddity/quest bug

Postby Samanna » Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:18 am

Wow, that is odd. I wasn't around for the first iteration, but it sounds like somehow, that NPC got reverted, and gave you the old, shorter, easier version.

I'm sure one of our more long-toothed veterans will comment.

Anyway, congratulations, Heyokah!
Samanna

Veteran -----

Server: Prexus

Shaman Main

Postby Anngelus » Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:58 am

This happened to me when I was doing my Sham 1.0. I checked and after I did turn in, I got a negative True spirit faction and went from Ally to Indifferent...

So, I spent the next 2 hours doing the first part of the quest over and over again until 2:30 am to get back to ally to make sure I didn't lose my scale

Anngelus

Server: Bristlebane

Postby Unmei » Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:09 am

No, that's the end of the quest. It just does that. I don't fully understand why. But I'm guessing that:

A) they want to reset your True Spirit faction to avoid MQing stuff for other shamans
B) They can't give out the Spear of Fate on the last line of dialogue, because back then there were no flags, so anyone with high enough True Spirit faction would have been able to walk up and say "What Breach" and get the epic, so it has to happen on the hand in.

Why they couldn't have made the last few lines of dialogue function at a lower level of true spirit faction, just so people could hear them, I don't know.
Unmei

Veteran --

Server: 7th Hammer

Enchanter Main

Return to Equipment & Loot