Which belt will you choose.

Information about gear drops and quests, including Epics; also gear checks.

Moderator: Shaman Mods

Which belt will you choose.

Postby riverwindd » Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:01 pm

Hi, I need some advice.
I been wearing a sunderspring belt right now, and i like it cos it has got 33% haste. And i love tanking sometimes. However, recently i have bought a Wrap of Faith from bazaar at a cheeeeeeaaaaapppp price. So now i am in a dilenma if i should wear Wrap of Faith or Sunderspring belt.
I understand Wrap of Faith is tons better than Sunderspring belt just that i'll lose the 33% haste. Hehehe.
So if its you, will you choose Wrap of Faith without second thought?
riverwindd

Shaman Main
Druid - Alt/Box

Re: Which belt will you choose.

Postby Kruzar » Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:21 pm

Why not do the better belt and then go get the 36% haste aug from the DoN merchant? Put aug in belt... issue solved?
Kruzar- Kitty Rogue of 85 Seasons
Kyleanea- Barbarian Shaman of 75 Seasons
Kruzar

Rogue Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby riverwindd » Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:56 pm

Good idea. Pardon me as i have a few expansions to catch up... after returning from EQ quitting for 3 years... :(
Dont even have the currencies or anything to buy anything.
riverwindd

Shaman Main
Druid - Alt/Box

Postby Kruzar » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:57 pm

For the DoN merchants you will need either Radiant or Ebon crystals. The camps are located in Lavastorm. The good camp uses radiant crystals and the bad camp uses ebon crystals. The crystals are tradeable, and are earned by completing DoN group missions. These were pretty decent xp when they came out for the 65-70 crowd, and some of them provide xp for those on the path to 75.

Since the crystals are tradeable, they can be bought in the bazaar. They used to be really expensive, but I think the market for them is better than the old days. I don't remember right off hand how much the haste aug will cost, and there are a couple of different ones. They are all 36% I believe, but one of the augs also has a boost to attack. I utilized this aug for a little bit after transitioning from my epic 1.0 on my rogue.

There is also gear, weapons, and other augs that can be purchased from the DoN vendors. The armor used to be pretty decent for a group level player, but with the new stuff out there it has gone by the wayside. The augments are still somewhat viable, and there are some HP augs that can help fill in spots if you have some open. There are also focus augs, which are good up to lvl 70 spells. This might be helpful as well if you are missing some focus effects. One of my favorite augments was the Burning Affliction 5 augment from DoN, but it is not really useful with the level increases.

Good Luck out there....
Kruzar

Rogue Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Return to Equipment & Loot