[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Clairvoyance/+Heal/+Spell Mod3

Clairvoyance/+Heal/+Spell Mod3

Information about gear drops and quests, including Epics; also gear checks.

Moderator: Shaman Mods

Clairvoyance/+Heal/+Spell Mod3

Postby Endo » Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:56 pm

Hi, I play a shaman as my alt/box, so am not real familar with the ins-and-outs of what mod2s are more important/effective for a shaman.

I am wondering what the thoughts are on what versions of the SoD armor are better for shamans (or mix and matched sets).

For example, I play a ranger as my main, but for them, I focused in on the mod2s of Avoidance and Accuracy. Based on my playstyle, I mixed and matched my SoD armor to maximise Avoidance, rather than Accuracy.

OK, so for a shaman, I was thinking that Healing and/or Claravoiance might be the mod2s to focus on....I use my Shaman mainly for healing/debuffing and sometimes DoTing....so more of a healer rather than a DPSer. However, after looking into the effectiveness of these 2 mods, I am not so sure.

I had always heard that Claravoiance was broken at the moment, and in fact actually subtracted mana, instead of adding.

I also looked up the formula behind the Healing mod and was very unimpressed with the benefits it gave you. Basically, very little gain on our direct healing spell.

Any opinions on what pieces I should consider focusing on for the armor set? .... what mod 2s perhaps I should try to max, or sets you think I should go after?

Or perhaps the mod 2 differences b/w the pieces are really minimal, and I shouldn't worry about it.

Thanks for any help.
Endo

Ranger Main
Shaman - Alt/Box

Re: SoD T5 armor - Mod2 comparisons

Postby Dakota » Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:45 pm

Clairvoyance isn't broken, it's just extremely ineffectual. You have a 2% chance of Clairvoyance firing every time you cast a spell within 5 levels of your current level, and if it does fire, you get 1 mana back for each point of Clairvoyance. The rate of fire is so low that in my own opinion it's not worth it, and due to the random nature of focus effects, if you get a bad roll on the focus random you might not even see it fire.

Clairvoyance is better than none at all, but I wouldn't bother taking it into effect when determining your gear slots. I'd rather wear a piece of armor with 10 heal amount and 0 clairvoyance than a piece of armor with 100 clairvoyance and no heal amount.
Dakota

Shaman Main
Monk - Alt/Box

Re: Clairvoyance/+Heal/+Spell Mod3

Postby Kumudil » Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:52 am

Healing 1 and Spell Damage 2 I think for the Groupers, Healing HAgi HDex would be it, If I still would go to Raids. I am a Grouper now and don't Raid. Almost never I get beaten by the mobs, so heroic defense is not at prime focus for me. I do have mostly sting and depends on the mobs durability the poison nuke loaded. When the mobs allow, I help to get them down, if the mobs dps is to hight, I am in full healing mode.
, ,
Kumudil

Server: Antonius Bayle

Shaman Main
Druid - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Return to Equipment & Loot