[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Noob gear?

Noob gear?

Information about gear drops and quests, including Epics; also gear checks.

Moderator: Shaman Mods

Noob gear?

Postby Happosaai » Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:01 am

Hi all, I was planning on starting a Shaman alt who I'll eventually use to dualbox with a mage or shadowknight. For leveling up, I was planning on going with the defiant gear mostly at the start (and the PoK vendor purchased unseen armor from the 10-50 and 51+ vendors), but I was curious about weapons that would be useful for the shaman.

Are there any awesome weapons available or usable at low level that would be good to keep an eye out for?
Happosaai

Magician Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box
Shaman - Alt/Box

Re: Noob gear?

Postby Kruzar » Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:30 pm

One of the best early weapons for a shammy is a Ritchual Etched Icewurm Fang (REIF). I asked this very same question long time ago... viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3703

I was able to farm mine without any problem back then, and it worked really well for my shammy box. The new defiant stuff does have some nice stats on it, but there are better options out there for sure.

I switched up weapons on my shammy over time, and now she is using the attunable priest weapon from this expansion.
Kruzar- Kitty Rogue of 85 Seasons
Kyleanea- Barbarian Shaman of 75 Seasons
Kruzar

Rogue Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Happosaai » Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:54 pm

Hehe, that's why I didn't see it... that was a 3 year old post *grin*

I'll have to go farm one of those up... just checked the bazaar and they're 10k... eeek!
Happosaai

Magician Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby Kruzar » Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:33 pm

The price tag is why I went and farmed mine. The mobs were super easy, and it really did not take that long to farm from what I remember. I think less than hour or so, but you may have different results.

Good luck out there...
Kruzar

Rogue Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Happosaai » Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:14 am

Actually, getting it took 1 spawn cycle for me ;)

Are there any "essential" bits of gear out there for shaman, such as clickies or other gear I should be looking for?
Happosaai

Magician Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby Veril » Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:22 am

If you are staying sub 60, then the classic shaman items are what you want:

Epic 1.0
Jaundiced Bone Bracer
Fungi Tunic
Jaundiced Bone Breastplate (4 hour small AC + DS clicky)
Planes of Power Ornate Chain Breastplate - clicky Swift Like the Wind.

Other Things:
A mount is awesome.
Mana Pool Regen clicky is probably the most useful individual clicky you can get

Most of the clickies people camp for doing stuff shaman can cast anyway. Invis, shrink, levitate, cure poison/disease
Veril

Veteran -

Server: Antonius Bayle

Shaman Main
Magician - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Kruzar » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:50 pm

There are a ton of clickies out there, and I know when I started my shammy I farmed Chardok for alot of the clickies that are there for shammy. Saves a couple of spell slots, and are nice to have in the bag for just in case. You can get a Spirit of Scale and 2 types of cure clickies from there. I camped it all with my rogue, but if your mage is worried about faction there might not want go that way.
Kruzar

Rogue Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Happosaai » Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:11 pm

Hmm, definitely not gonna stay sub 60, I'll be using him to 2box with the Mage or SK once I get him up there in levels.

Thanks for the info and advice, I'll try and snag the 1.0 epic on him anyway, and work on the 1.5/2.0 also eventually.

I see a trip to Chardok and Sebilis in my future ;)
Happosaai

Magician Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box
Shaman - Alt/Box

Return to Equipment & Loot