[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Defender of the Ancestral Spirit

Defender of the Ancestral Spirit

Information about gear drops and quests, including Epics; also gear checks.

Moderator: Shaman Mods

Defender of the Ancestral Spirit

Postby Technics » Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:44 pm

Seems like this would be a staple item to some people that like intense root rotting, so I'm giving our amazing clicky it's own thread. Before I got mine it was a bit hard to find the necessary information to figure out just how to get it, so to save some other people that time I'm going to post how to do it.

Here's some more info on this clicky if people are having a hard time finding specifics. Plane of Air (Eryslai, Kingdom of Wind) works like this: islands have lots of mobs on them, kill all of them to trigger a few more to spawn, kill all of those to spawn the namers. The island for the Defender clicky is the one you zone in on, the one with all the whitish armored guys. Killing all of them before they respawn will trigger 3 Constable mobs to spawn. Killing those 3 will spawn the Chamberlain, the guy who drops the Defender. One thing to note about the Chamberlain, he either drops items or he doesn't. I'm not 100% sure on this, but I believe it's because you can trigger him perpetually, and he will only drop loot once his "spawn/loot" timer is up. You could trigger him 3 times in 1 hour but only 1 of those times he'll drop loot. Hopefully that makes more sense.

Lastly, just giving some heads up on the trash. The whitish armored guys are really easy, will cast Superior Healing on themselves and others (just an annoyance when you gather the whole island up, but you can still dps through it) and will split into 2 smaller guys when they die, or a named in blackish armor. The blackish armor named is really easy, but will proc an annoying shadowstep on you that will dispel a few buffs. The Constable's are linked, but sometimes they don't all come when pulled...the rest will come after you start fighting. Nothing really special about the Constable's other than they hit harder and have more hp. Chamberlain will then spawn, and is a joke at 85. Lower levels may have problems with him since he flurries a bit. I remember him being slightly annoying to slow as well.

That about sums up how to get this item. You basically just have to log on and kill him once a day. I got mine on the 4th kill that yielded loot.
Technics

Shaman Main

Re: Defender of the Ancestral Spirit

Postby Dakota » Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:38 pm

I've tried farming this guy a few times, but never really dedicated farming, and it's been a while at that. But I remember many of the mobs on the first island being incredibly resistant, either to magic, or poison, or both. I just remember the mobs taking a long time to kill since many of my damage spells wouldn't land on them. This may or may not be the case, just something to take with a grain of salt.
Dakota

Shaman Main
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Technics » Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:47 pm

I think they're really resistant to our curse dots iirc. I would just tab target, Nectar of Slith, tab, Nectar, on each one. With the merc out and wolf, the dots, and casting lynx whenever GOM came up from Nectars they'd fall pretty fast. They spend a lot of time casting heals once they see one of their buddies drop below 50%. I normally popped my affliction tributes when doing this and they fell pretty quick. May be a bit mana intensive for some lower leveled or undergeared folks, but Canni V + Normal Canni worked fine for me. Spiritual Channeling would work equally as well for this too. Hope the info helps some people get their clicky.
Technics

Shaman Main

Postby dohrian » Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:19 pm

Thanks, got it on my 4 or 5th try. Remember to have 3 days between tries, or you would pop only A Chamberlain Apprentice instead...
, Master alchemist / baker / brewer / fletcher / jeweler / potter / smith / tailor
dohrian

Server: Karana -> Ayonae Ro -> Tribunal -> Bristle

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box

Postby Samanna » Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:22 pm

Are the Elemental planes still flagged, 1/6 gimp-in?
Samanna

Veteran -----

Server: Prexus

Shaman Main

Postby Brohg » Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:03 pm

Level 65 is sufficient to walk in without flags.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Ughbash » Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:31 am

Tunares' Froggie Shaman,
Hipitey Hop [Watchkeepers]
Ughbash

Veteran --

Server: tunare

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:08 pm

I saw a new Defender linked in serverwide last night, I think that counts as a victory for Technics :)
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby eqjunkie » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:01 pm

Mine still eludes me - the rng hates my guts
eqjunkie

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Bard - Alt/Box

Postby Sowslow » Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:30 pm

Sowslow

Server: The Rathe -> Quellious -> Povar

Shaman Main
Magician - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby eqjunkie » Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:42 pm

Is there some special deity you need to pray to to get this to drop Ive killed the guy zounds of times now and he either has no loot or glyphed rune word on his corpse. Allakhazam is listing it as common but its anything but common. Possibly his loot table is bugged ??
eqjunkie

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Bard - Alt/Box

Postby Dakota » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:15 pm

Dakota

Shaman Main
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby eqjunkie » Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:00 am

Left 3 days between spawns, killed him again = no cigar 8( I reckon ive killed this guy at least 17-18 times and he never has it
eqjunkie

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Bard - Alt/Box

Postby Sowslow » Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:09 am

For about the last 6 months or so, I have been killing this once a week. Most of the time he popped, maybe like 2-3 times the other guy. Just got it to drop a week ago. Most of the time he dropped nothing but some tradeskill crap and a rune. I would say total over the course of 5+ years I have killed him close to 50 times and only got this to drop once.
So it does drop, just takes a long time if you are unlucky.
Sowslow

Server: The Rathe -> Quellious -> Povar

Shaman Main
Magician - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Haimon » Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:12 pm

Dropped on Prexus around 2pm EST.

Been camping this thing forever and a day myself.
Haimon

Postby Waza » Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:16 am

On a positive note, i got it at second kill.
Waza

Warrior Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby eqjunkie » Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:24 pm

Still no joy here since the last post Ive been timing him every 3 days and still nothing - maybe im just cursed.
eqjunkie

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Bard - Alt/Box

Postby Tordail » Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:34 am

Finally got mine last night. I think someone had been tinkering with the event before I got there, though; I killed all but four Castellans, killed only two Constables, and the Chamberlain popped at the mouth of the tunnel.
~
Tordail

Veteran -

Server: Luclin

Shaman Main

Postby eqjunkie » Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:12 pm

Grats mate :-)

Still no luck here...
eqjunkie

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box