[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - AC vs. HP

AC vs. HP

Information about gear drops and quests, including Epics; also gear checks.

Moderator: Shaman Mods

AC vs. HP

Postby disdayne » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:43 pm

I'm a 85 shaman, i use 25+ ac augs almost exclusively in all my gear. I understand how softcaps work but don't know the values for my class. I have roughly 4100 ac unbuffed and I'm wondering if some of these augs are being wasted because I am far over my cap. Would I be better off with all minimum 100hp/mana augs, all minimum 30AC augs, or a blend of the two? I wear full set of SoD T5 group gear. I don't pull agro often enough to tank and utilize all this AC but I would like to think that if the situation arises, I can hold my own and not get splatted. I also over-dot sometimes to make sure the tank isn't falling asleep. I personally feel that the additional AC out weighs the hp/mana gain in the grand scheme of things. With 20 or so slots for augs I think an extra 500-600 AC far outweighs a 2k hp/mana increase and also, mind you, most of these AC augs I use have some sort of hp/mana on them from 30-150 in some cases. Anyway, I would really appreciate any info you could share. :D
disdayne

Shaman Main

Re: AC vs. HP

Postby Brohg » Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:23 am

You are nearly 3000 over the soft cap for our class. Returns on ac over that cap are in the realm of 1:20 for us, with the notable exception of the shield slot. You should absolutely be using 100/100 augs over those 25ac ones, except in your shield.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby rildoen » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:42 pm

this might be a good place to ask this question, ive still got coldain seal aug and im wondering what type of aug would be a good replacement for it? the 15 avoidance on it is difficult for me to quantify. any ideas as to what might be a solid upgrade for it?
rildoen

Shaman Main

Postby Retron » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:00 pm

Last edited by Retron on Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Retron

Server: Antonius Bayle (ex-VS)

Shaman Main
Beastlord - Alt/Box

Postby Retron » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:19 pm

Retron

Server: Antonius Bayle (ex-VS)

Shaman Main
Beastlord - Alt/Box

Postby rildoen » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:24 am

ive got that one, and bayle crest in my shield, i am however under cap on avoidance so will keep it for the time being.
i was just curious about how much ac is the 15 avoidance equivalent to? I appreciate your time and consideration.
rildoen

Shaman Main

Return to Equipment & Loot