[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Specialize alteration mod

Specialize alteration mod

Information about gear drops and quests, including Epics; also gear checks.

Moderator: Shaman Mods

Specialize alteration mod

Postby Retron » Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:20 pm

I finally managed to snag an Anomalous Rock of Alteration earlier today, something I've been after for ages. The instance is a bit too tough for me to solo (or even two-box with a lowly druid or BST) as there are simply too many trash mobs to burn through in the time available. Anyway, I was lucky enough to have a couple of guildies who were willing to help me and at the fourth attempt the rock dropped.

Bearing in mind a lot has changed since the level 65 days, is the rock still worth going for? Well, I'd have to say a resounding yes!

Taking off all my mana pres items, I found that Dannal's Mending rank2 took 869 mana to cast. With the 15% spec alt aug it drops to 848 mana every time, giving a saving of 1.8% off the advertised cost of the spell (1144 mana) or 2.4% off the actual cost of the spell. Either way, that's a nice fixed bonus to have!

(Of course, the reason these percentage skill mod effects were discontinued is because as time goes by their effect gets greater and greater - 15% of 260 has a greater effect than 15% of 200, and so on.)

I suspect one piece of my OMM raid gear will now last for the rest of the life of my character, a scary thought!
Retron

Server: Antonius Bayle (ex-VS)

Shaman Main
Beastlord - Alt/Box

Re: Specialize alteration mod

Postby Kanamori Hitatomi » Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:25 pm

Hah! I just got one yesterday. Went to go help on an LDoN raid to get a guild cleric get one, and had a second one drop. It's nice to have for sure.

92 Barbarian Shammyknight!
Bristlebane-Tribunal Server - I play on Tribunal damnit!

SHAMMYKNIGHT !!! Okay, perhaps I'm now less of a speedbump than fluffy was when we first got him...
Mod - Most work is on our
Kanamori Hitatomi

Server: Tribunal

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Return to Equipment & Loot