[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Prayer Shawl & other spell procs

Prayer Shawl & other spell procs

Information about gear drops and quests, including Epics; also gear checks.

Moderator: Shaman Mods

Prayer Shawl & other spell procs

Postby Zaggran » Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:17 pm

I had a thought the other day when I saw some of the gimpy group heals from my scepter go off... are spell procs from weapons and augs taking away from shawl procs? Shawl procs are obviously superior to every other spell proc. So this leads me to the question: is it actually detrimental to have other spell procs when you have a shawl?

I searched a few places and asked around but I couldn't find a definite answer. The only relevant bit of information I found was that the game checks one slot for a proc, then the next, ect. Procs from your weapon are checked first, then weapon aug, ect... Unfortunately the parse to determine that was done before they added the shawl halfway through UF. So I guess it depends on whether the belt/shoulder slot is checked for proc before primary and secondary. Does anyone know the answer before I waste all day running parses to check?
Zaggran

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Re: Prayer Shawl & other spell procs

Postby meadal » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:26 am

I'll let you know when i figure it out lol...just got the shawl so...

Meadal
meadal

Shaman Main

Postby meadal » Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:29 pm

As far as I can tell the shawl procs just about every time I cast a spell, no matter what kind, no matter if im swinging a weapon and it's a spell proc thAT goes off. In other words you get a shawl proc about 80 out of 100 spells you cast including your weapon procs while ya are swing it.
meadal

Shaman Main

Postby WaringMcMarrin » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:32 am

Yes if you have a shawl you should get a weapon that does not proc when you cast for best results.

WaringMcMarrin

Veteran -

Server: The Tribunal(Ayonae Ro)

Shaman Main
Monk - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Return to Equipment & Loot