[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - focus: gear + tribute + potion

focus: gear + tribute + potion

Information about gear drops and quests, including Epics; also gear checks.

Moderator: Shaman Mods

focus: gear + tribute + potion

Postby Mahlah Tohsis » Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:51 pm

Please help me clarify overall focus. I have found snippets of information, but nothing to pull it all together.

I understand item focus. If you are wearing a specific level (max) focus and cast a spell higher than that, you still get the benefit of focus, just reduced for every level above the level of the focus.

I understand tribute focus. Basically, the same as item focus. Do they stack?

I think I understand potion focus. I say "I think" because I have seen comments where it is noted that a lower level potion still gives benefits to "higher" level spells (i.e. HoTs). Is this because having the buff automatically adds > 0% benefit which automatically is "rounded" to 1 additional tick? So, is it just as effective (and cost efficient) to carry the VII version rather than having the X version around? Someone asked the question in another thread about potion level VII still giving an extra HoT tick at 95. Do they stack? Alla's info included for reference:

Tonic of Regeneration Affinity VII
Effect: Regeneration Awareness VII
1: Increase Spell Duration by 5%
2: Limit: Max Level(80) (lose 5% per level over cap)
3: Limit: Spell Type (Beneficial only)
4: Limit: Effect (Complete Heal (with duration) excluded)
5: Limit: Effect (Invulnerability excluded)
6: Limit: Min Duration (24.00 sec)
7: Limit: Effect (Reaction Radius excluded)
8: Limit: Combat Skills Not Allowed

The big question is: Do all these effects stack? By running a potion and tribute while wearing the focus on items, do I get benefit from all? Is there a cap? Do I need to go to max tribute (X) and max potion (X) or can I get by with a lower level tribute or potion focus level? Presumably, this is the same for all focusable (is that a word) spells (DoTs, not just HoTs).

Mahlah Tohsis

Server: Povar

Shaman Main
Paladin - Alt/Box
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Re: focus: gear + tribute + potion

Postby Mahlah Tohsis » Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:52 pm

Trying to answer my own question here, using Lucy information:

tonic of efficiency affinity X - Efficiency Awareness X

Slot Description
1: Increase Spell Duration by 5%
2: Limit: Max Level(95) (lose 5% per level over cap)
3: Limit: Min Duration (24.00 sec)
5: Limit: Effect (Charm excluded)
6: Limit: Spell Type (Detrimental only)

grasp of the beast - Detrimental Duration 26 L95

Slot Description
1: Increase Spell Duration by 26%
2: Limit: Max Level(95) (lose 5% per level over cap)
3: Limit: Spell Type (Detrimental only)
5: Limit: Effect (Invulnerability excluded)
6: Limit: Min Duration (24.00 sec)

Does this mean that since they are both in slot 1, they are not additive with each other even though the item does not present a spell buff icon (and therefore, the item increase of 26% negates the potion buff)? Or, since the item does not present a spell buff icon, the spell buff icon isn't blocked and they are, in fact, additive. Thus, with grasp of the beast, you get an additional 26% duration out of every detrimental spell up to level 95 that is at least 24.00 sec long (not including complete heal, invulnerability, reaction radius or combat skills) and an additional 5% on top of that, if you have the potion buff on? Is that simple math 31% extension or an additional 5% onto the 26% (another 1.4%)?
Mahlah Tohsis

Shaman Main
Paladin - Alt/Box
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Postby Mahlah Tohsis » Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:59 pm

And .. when it says something like "minimum cast time 3.0" is that after focus? For example, hoodoo rank II is 3.0 sec casting, but focus'd, it's less.
Mahlah Tohsis

Shaman Main
Paladin - Alt/Box
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:21 pm

Conditions are on base spell data.

Except for some weird exceptions that aren't actual exceptions, all tribute effects are worn effects, so they won't stack. Best works in each case. Buffs will stack with worn.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Return to Equipment & Loot