[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - The Steppes - Portal of War

The Steppes - Portal of War

Questions about quests with rewards for everyone. See class areas for Epic and other Class-Specific quests.

Moderators: Druid Mods, Paladin Mods, Shaman Mods

The Steppes - Portal of War

Postby Dakota » Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:50 pm

Dakota

Shaman Main
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Finori » Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:05 pm

on eqforum that seem to be related to that .
Finori

Postby Tnexus » Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:07 am

Here's my write-up on the first 3 steps plus some discussion on the 4th . Rangers are stuck likewise, so hopefully if we put our heads together we can figure it out.
Tnexus

Ranger Main

Postby Sumdaen » Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:32 am

Sumdaen

Server: Firiona Vie

Postby Maccuul » Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:18 pm

Finally figured out the back room bug in Valdeholm.

Its a setting on the graphics.

Options -> Display -> Advanced -> LOD Bias if its turned down you get stuck. Turn it all the way up you dont get stuck anymore.
Maccuul

Server: Fennin Ro

Shaman Main
Ranger - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Jabobtha » Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:17 am

Did you have to do anything special to get the third task from Moldren? I did the talking plant task, turned in the idol thing and automatically got the library task. But when I turned in the books for the library task the yellow text told me to talk to Wilped that just led to the broken [rebuild it.] text and I couldn't go any further. I went back and talked to Moldren and he gave me the talking plant task again. Did that again, then he gave me the library task again, so I did it again. Then the yellow text directed me to talk to Wilped again. So for some reason I can't get the third task that has you collect the portal pieces.
Jabobtha

Server: Luclin

Shaman Main
Ranger - Alt/Box
Rogue - Alt/Box

Postby kroe » Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:26 pm

kroe

Beastlord Main
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby Jabobtha » Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:46 pm

Jabobtha

Server: Luclin

Shaman Main
Ranger - Alt/Box
Rogue - Alt/Box

Postby Andurel » Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:53 am

I just completed this quest tonight. Here are some notes that might help:
- the links on Allakhazam to the angelfire sites have excellent descriptions of the quest. and are accurate.

1) talk to Moldren the Wise (minotaur) to get the first quest "The Talking Plant" .. do turn ins to Moldren

2) go over to Wilpred (treant) and talk to him by saying "Moldren" to him and follow the text .. he gave "The Library" quest .. turn both books back to Wilpred (the treant)
- This was a very frustrating portion of the quest, because when I went into the rooms for the books, in Valdeholm, my graphics got screwy, and I could not move from first person view. I could not back up, move forward, sideways, etc, and the walls looked blank gray
- so, I had to switch to third person view, and I had to rotate my view (my keys are F12 x4 then rotate using Alt+left arrow key or right arrow key)
- I had to rotate my view so that I was looking at myself from the previous room with the table .. while stepping forward / sliding sideways a little, as needed to get to the bookcase on the far wall
- when the view would go screwy again .. I rotated again until my viewpoint was from the table area again .. only 1 or 2 steps would move my point of view to third person still, but I would be from inside the room and the graphics were screwy, so I would have to rotate again, and move a little
... I repeated this over and over until I was near the bookcase and use normal clicks around the bookcase to loot the book

- then I moved to the other room .. had same problem .. so I did same thing again until I got the second book
- the mobs conned KOS to me in those rooms, so I did fresh invis outside before going into the door each time, because each room took me about 10 mins to get each book, due to the rotates, and not having a lot of space where I can view myself third person from the table, etc

3) I got third quest automatically from Wilpred, "The Destroyed Portal", at that point and after collecting the parts, I did turns to Moldren (the minotaur) per the quest. The Portal Guardian was not hard at all. He didn't summon, but I got a couple adds when I pulled him to the east, he kept breaking root, so I slowed him and killed the adds, then killed him.
Andurel Spiritkeeper
Tunare Server
Andurel

Server: Tunare

Postby Khael » Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:45 am

The screwy graphics sounds like something that has been dubbed the "west bug". I believe it's an issue with your graphics card running out of memory and being unable to cache the textures needed to display the world; as a result, when you look at the world in certain angles (or, more accurately, certain directions) everything just becomes "gray".

At first, this only occured when looking straight west, but after SOE attempted to fix the problem, it started happening in random directions. *shrug*
"Hike. Hikeba inochi wa tasukeru... hikaneba."
Khael

Paladin Main
Bard - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

same problem

Postby Lestumpette » Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:08 pm

I had exactly the same problem as Andurel with the rooms in Valdeholm. I didn't think to change from 1st person view so I just used /rewind to escape and gave up. Later I read somewhere that you can change your LOD setting to help get the quest items out of the book shelves, and this made me think the 'getting stuck' propblem was related. So I experimented with the LOD settings and it turned out that for my graphics hardware I cannot enter any of the back rooms in Valdholm with a LOD setting of LOW, but I can enter most of them with the LOD on a middle setting (NORMAL I think it was), and some some rooms needed it to be on HIGH. I don't understand why there was some variation, but at least I was able to finish the quest by changing these settings.

Cheers,
Lest
Lestumpette

Server: Tunare

Shaman Main

small portal fragments

Postby gamzakx » Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:03 pm

gamzakx

Postby Kilgaroz » Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:17 pm

Kilgaroz

Server: Saryrn

Bard Main