[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Murdunks last stand

Murdunks last stand

Questions about quests with rewards for everyone. See class areas for Epic and other Class-Specific quests.

Moderators: Druid Mods, Paladin Mods, Shaman Mods

Murdunks last stand

Postby Bigcat Daddy-o » Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:05 pm

Holy crap those guys come fast.

Any tips on how to beat this, beyond 'lots and lots and lots of dps'?

I got overun, and tried evacing hoping I that I could let a few get by but still get back in the flow, but the zone in is heavily populated so THAT was a bad idea. :)
Ride free brother.
Bigcat Daddy-o

Server: Xegony

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Re: Murdunks last stand

Postby Tanom » Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:06 pm

When you zone in go north and get in the gap that you to the east side of the big room. Pull the mobs in to there as they run you should be out of the pathing. Take breaks if you have to but don't let 9 go by.
Tanom

Druid Main
Paladin - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby HawklordXegony » Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:02 pm

Bigcatt and I teamed up to do this. We only had 2 get by. :lol:
HawklordXegony

Shaman Main
Monk - Alt/Box
Rogue - Alt/Box

Postby Bigcat Daddy-o » Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:13 pm

And it was a lot more about you getting it done for me, than the other way round! :)

4 of yours to two of mine. That wizard DPS is off the chart. Mage helped a lot on that run mind you. They do amazing dps. Really gonna miss that mage. :(
Bigcat Daddy-o

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Sarkaukar » Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:23 pm

Do the mobs run or walk?
Can they be snared/rooted, other than mez (other than giants)?
Sarkaukar

Ranger Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby Kumudil » Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:58 am

The mobs run .. fast. Dont know if rootable/snareable. Made it this Weekend for the first time.
Group-setup: Pala, Shd, Ber, Nec, Shm, Dru. Mostly Groupgeared SOD T3. All lvl 85 and most RKII SOD Spells. Averange about 1,5K AAs (pala, shm, ber 2k+).
Tactic: Run in and alittle around a corner, just out of the path of the mobs. Outdoor, so Caster on the mounts.
Pala tagged mobs while running by. Pala went even ld for some 4 mobs and came back in, in the meantime Shd took over. Shm mainhealed.
After the "win" there where still 5 mobs who ran by. As you can miss max. 9 mobs, this means that 4 mobs passed until Taskupdate. Two of them just because they runned to fast and pala missed to tag them, not because we needed to med, the other two must have been during the ld of the MT, haven't seen them.

No named spawned, don't know how hard he would have been.

So what Tanom wrote worked well for us: Find spot close to their path but out of their way, you won't loose time pulling. Than dps down what you can and let pass what you can't.
, ,
Kumudil

Server: Antonius Bayle

Shaman Main
Druid - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Kruzar » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:28 pm

I actually like this mission for a good group lesson burn... we setup very close to the portal and pull the mobs in as they spawn. We have not had 1 get by us with this setup, and actually kill all the mobs in a burn session. We do bring fairly heavy dps to these missions, and we are mostly MMM/Crys geared. Normal group setup, Tank, Druid, Druid, Rogue, Rogue, and misc class...

These mobs do not seem to hit much harder than the Warrens regulars, and this is where we normally go for xp anyways. There is a very clear spot by the portal that you can setup and just wait for the spawn. If you need to let one go by it is np....
Kruzar- Kitty Rogue of 85 Seasons
Kyleanea- Barbarian Shaman of 75 Seasons
Kruzar

Rogue Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby HawklordXegony » Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:33 pm

HawklordXegony

Shaman Main
Monk - Alt/Box
Rogue - Alt/Box

Postby Spetsnas » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:14 pm

of Bristlebane
Spetsnas

Server: Bristlebane 4 Life!

Ranger Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Beastlord - Alt/Box

Postby Sarkaukar » Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:17 am

Aye, thanks for the replies. As mentioned, we attempted to CC mobs via snare/root off/kite and that caused more problems than anything. This is what I posted on SOE forums. I actually started the mission at lvl 84 with 5% of exp left for 85, when we first started :) Below is basically my experience from the 4 tries and 1 win.

As a ranger, tanked this mission (shudders) with mix of Tier 3 group, 3 pieces Fabled and 3 pieces Cultural/Demi, cleric, another ranger, beastlord, druid and wizard, with 1.5-2k AA. Buffed/Tribute 30k hp/4.1k ac. I felt really sorry for the cleric, poor thing. All other members approx same progression level, I won out as tank as I had the most AC (lazy beastlord), and switched between shield/dps.

* Mobs' hp varied from approx 170k to 240k, but round it off to 200k.
* Spawn timer is every 45 secs
* 200k/45 secs = 4444.4 group dps, or 4/6 toons 1111.1 dps/each. Top end 5333.33 group dps, 1333.33 dps/each for 240k mobs.
* A group would be ok if they allowed one to escape for every 5 mobs killed.
* Do NOT try to CC right off the bat (learned that lesson on 4th attempt. 5th attempt no cc, won). This allowed druid to concentrate on dot/backup heals.
* For our group, overall 4100 dps/group, inwhich 5-6 reached RCC zone before 35th mob was killed.
* Likely start burning discs early, so they will refresh a few times during the mission, as the mission length would be approx 30 minutes (40 mobs spawned total, which 5 gets by).
Sarkaukar

Ranger Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby Kruzar » Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:52 pm

I think the biggest lesson on this mission is that it is a burn thing.. the faster they go down the easier the mission. Our group makeup for this is super heavy on the DPS side, and we burn like fiends through this thing. In the 30 minutes given for LoTD... we basically slaughter all of the Pops from the Portal and any of their friends that may happen to wander by.

Good times...
Kruzar

Rogue Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Keltsete » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:23 pm

I don't even think a huge amount of dps is needed for this mission just have to have a decent number of dps classes.

Last time I ran through this mission it was 3 people, a warrior, cleric merc, mage boxing a 2nd mage, and me boxing shaman/monk.

All of us wearing t4/t5 gear at the time mostly t4. As long as you have 3 true dps classes I'm convinced any group could handle this.
Keltsete

Postby Sarkaukar » Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:24 am

Sarkaukar

Ranger Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby Keltsete » Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:38 pm

Keltsete

Postby Mojarda » Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:36 pm

We did it with a brd, mage, beast, pally, shaman and boxed cleric... all basically SoF group geared with a bit of DoD raid gear and some SoD tier 3-4 group gear. After we realized the giants were immune to stun, we just let them past if they spawned (maybe 2-3 of them). We had no problem keeping up with the spawns and didn't let any others past us. We set up not far from their spawn point just a bit off their path. Pally tagged them as they ran by. We had one roamer we killed pretty early on. It spawned again with 3-4 mobs to go. I punted him into a corner and we kept him there till we won.
Mojarda Spyritwalker
85 Shaman of Avatar Elite
E-Marr
Mojarda

Shaman Main
Ranger - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby HawklordXegony » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:34 pm

HawklordXegony

Shaman Main
Monk - Alt/Box
Rogue - Alt/Box

Postby HawklordXegony » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:40 pm

HawklordXegony

Shaman Main
Monk - Alt/Box
Rogue - Alt/Box

Postby Bigcat Daddy-o » Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:42 am

Actually, I think I VPed one of those in that fight. But we did kill them both rather than trying to maintain it VPed.
Bigcat Daddy-o

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Return to Quests!