[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Iksar Illusion quest

Iksar Illusion quest

Questions about quests with rewards for everyone. See class areas for Epic and other Class-Specific quests.

Moderators: Druid Mods, Paladin Mods, Shaman Mods

Iksar Illusion quest

Postby frocus » Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:15 am

Attempting the Iksar Illusion mask quest This morning me and a friend ran into a problem of not being able to open the bone containers while the 2 monks were alive for foot and the hand was having the same problem. Patch may have increased the difficulty ofthe quest by disallowing looting while the mobs are kited away.
frocus

Re: Iksar Illusion quest

Postby Brohg » Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:07 am

Nothing's changed, never been able to open the bones while they're there if you have the task up.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby frocus » Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:25 am

The beastlord and mage helping me couldn't open it either both had completed the masks previously and didn't have the tasks.
frocus

Postby Kriyn Nutzforcatnip » Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:04 pm

They changed that in the patch recently when they made it non repeatable. You're gonna have to clear them the old fashioned way in order to complete them now.
I'm ok, how are you?

Rodcet Nife (Quellious)
Kriyn Nutzforcatnip

Shaman Main
Rogue - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby frocus » Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:11 pm

Yeah thats what we are doing I just wanted to give warning for anyone else about to do the quest.
frocus

Postby Brohg » Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:21 pm

No, nothing's changed, and the repeatability has nothing to do with his "problem"
Brohg

Veteran ----

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Kriyn Nutzforcatnip » Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:18 pm

If it isn't the problem why not give an idea for why it is other than saying it isn't.
Kriyn Nutzforcatnip

Shaman Main
Rogue - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:33 am

Brohg

Veteran ----

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Fethiel » Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:02 pm

Actually I used to do this task often and they have changed it so that even when you don't have the task you can't open the bones while the two monks are up. Perhaps they have it coded so that anyone who has previously done the quest can't help at all but there is a change since the patch.
Fethiel

Paladin Main
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Kriyn Nutzforcatnip » Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:57 pm

That's exactly what I've heard as well. Even if you don't have the task up, but have already completed it you can not go back and open them.
Kriyn Nutzforcatnip

Shaman Main
Rogue - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:22 pm

The person doing the task for the first time should be able to open the bones, then go get & complete the task.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Zann » Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:59 am

I recently completed this quest for my alts 'Post-Patch'

Bones can no longer be opened by someone who has completed the quest, doesn't matter if they have the mission or not.

Two Monk Bones - I tried kiting these away, but no matter the distance you still get the message that you can't open the bones while the guards are nearby. The two monk guards must be killed down to below 30% where they FD. The bones can then be opened/looted.

Room of Guard bones - These can be kited away, however the majority of the mobs must be absent from the room before the bones can be looted. I managed this with my bard. Aggro'd one guard from the other side of the room, sing an invulnerability song and while active run around the room aggroing all guards. Then run them out side as far as you can and Fade. Bones should then be open/loot 'able.

I hope this helps.
Zann

Postby Bigcat Daddy-o » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:37 am

Ride free brother.
Bigcat Daddy-o

Server: Xegony

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:22 am

I tried it out, I'm wrong. Have to have the task to open, have to clear mobs if you have the task :(
Brohg

Veteran ----

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Bigcat Daddy-o » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:15 am

Doh!

no fann klubb for you! :)

That was pretty much a 'sploit anyway, and certainly not the way the quest was intended to be done. :) Typically I would see 2-6 of the top raid guild guys hanging around those bones all night getting the free xp from them, so not a bad thing that they have changed it. I am not bitter about that or anything. They were really good about it and even helped me get my first one, so I could get them for the rest of my guys. But it was stupid easy xp.

Unfortunately so many people already have the mask that it does create some disparity between the masked and masked not. That mask is a significant advantage in the FOS theme running missions and even just camping the zones.
Bigcat Daddy-o

Server: Xegony

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Return to Quests!