[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - "Must Buy" spells 76-80

"Must Buy" spells 76-80

Spell, Spell Quest, Aura, Totem and AA discussion.

Moderator: Shaman Mods

"Must Buy" spells 76-80

Postby Unmei » Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:59 pm

So it's getting near the point where I'm bored of my shaman being level 75, so a few more AAs and she's probably moving on to levels. (Would have done so sooner, but frankly, the raw crapitude of the 76 and 77 shaman spell selection has put me off. Whoever decided that focus, direct heal, HoT, canni, sting, and Ancestral Intervention should ALL be level 78 was smoking something.)

So, the question is... which spells should I keep an eye out for in the bazaar? That includes both rank 1s and rank 2s (I already bought a copy of Talisman of the Puma 1 for a whopping 2500 plat). She's already got a pretty much full selection of TSS/TBS Rank2s. If it affects your decision making, this is not a "bot" - I've only got one account, so when I'm playing the shaman, I'm playing the shaman, and that means sometimes just root rotting for lazy XP, sometimes being the healer for a group (I remain pretty pleased with shaman healing power, though after gruesomely killing a group on a very messy pull in Mechanotus the other day, I decided Ancestral Intervention was sounding really good.) or whathaveyou. Note, however, that she's unlikely to be able to do the necessary faction grinding to get more than 1 or 2 faction bought rank2s.

So yeah. What spells are must haves, which ones are nice to haves, and which ones are a joke? (This question is at least half intended to clarify for me which spells are -not- vendor sold, because there are some jackasses on 7th who think it's clever to buy vendor sold spells and put them up in the bazaar for 50+k ;P )

Edit: Oh, and her Magelo is if there's anything in it that would influence this.
Unmei

Veteran --

Server: 7th Hammer

Enchanter Main

Postby Mendler » Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:47 pm

Cleric, warrior, shammy, necro of Emarr
Mendler

Server: Emarr

Postby Hhrolf » Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:31 pm

Hhrolf Monstermagnet
Officer
Circle of Legends
Bristlebane
Hhrolf

Server: Asleep at the keyboard

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box

Postby Macnair » Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:22 am

Macnair

Server: Vazaelle (Maelin Starshine)

Shaman Main
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby Ughbash » Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:58 am

Tunares' Froggie Shaman,
Hipitey Hop [Watchkeepers]
Ughbash

Veteran --

Server: tunare

Monk Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Warrior - Alt/Box

Re: "Must Buy" spells 76-80

Postby Tordail » Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:22 am

As was said above, if you can get your hands on Ancestral Intervention, do it. I don't like it that we got a 10th spell gem and immediately got a spell that we *have* to put in it, but I'm not really all that upset about it because AI is just that good. I love the spell. Get it, get it, get it.

I really don't think Puma 1 is an upgrade if your Shaman already has Panther 2. If you decide to faction for anything, faction for Puma 2. Fangbreaker faction is really not that difficult to raise. If you do some quests that involve the Orrel the Bloodmystic camp in Loping Plains (coupla quests you can do while killing mobs at that camp actually), there's a named that pops there ... he drops a ring your Shaman might find tasty. I would also consider factioning for Preincarnation and Ancestral Intervention 2.

I'd try hard to get Pocus, Malosinatia, Halcyon Zephyr, Gemmi's Restoration, Ancestral Hearkening, and Rancor of Agony. I suppose Vengeance of Kerafyrm isn't bad to have either, and Vestax's Spear is all right. Buff-wise, see if you can grab Bloodworg 2 and Vehemence 2 but I would put those on the nice-to-have list and not on the sell-your-firstborn-child list. The joke ones I suppose can include Feralisis, Tundra Crumble and Thorn Wilting. Your Shaman likely won't have use for Chant of the Darkvine.

Back to my coffee.

EDIT: Fixed pre-coffee mistakes.
Last edited by Tordail on Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
~
Tordail

Veteran -

Server: Luclin

Shaman Main

Postby Hhrolf » Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:04 pm

Actually I found Rolist's drowse for sale about 3 hours after my post above for just 150k.

By faction spells I assume you mean the spells that have a rank 1 dropped version and factioned versions for rank 2 and elite vendor for rank 3. The rank 1's are tradeable and do appear in the bazaar.

Every spell that we got with this expansion has a tradeable version that may in time appear in the bazaar - either rank 1 for the type mentioned above, or rank 2 for the type that has vendor version of the rank 1.
The reason I mentioned Rolists and Preincarnation was to indicate their relative rarity. The rank 2's for lvl 79 and 80 spells are also very rare, but that should ease over time as the top end guilds push into the end zones and the expansion opens up more.
Hhrolf

Server: Asleep at the keyboard

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box

Postby harlybear » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:46 am

Last edited by harlybear on Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
harlybear

Server: Povar

Shaman Main
Berserker - Alt/Box
Paladin - Alt/Box

Postby Tordail » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:02 am

Tordail

Veteran -

Server: Luclin

Shaman Main

Postby Kilgaroz » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:12 am

Kilgaroz