[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - AA check

AA check

Spell, Spell Quest, Aura, Totem and AA discussion.

Moderator: Shaman Mods

AA check

Postby Zaral » Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:31 am

I know these questions are boring ;)
At the moment Im maxing Abundant Healing, but im not very happy with the small HoT. Im thinking about doing defense skills 1st. Any Idea which would be the smartest way on AAs now?
I mostly grouping with some friends or playing in pickup groups, sometimes I duo with my main (Necro).
You see Zarals magelo below.

Thanks
Troll Shaman
Erudite Necromancer
Zaral

Server: Bristlebane

Necromancer Main
Shaman - Alt/Box

Re: AA check

Postby Macnair » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:12 am

How often are you getting hit, badly enough to get killed, or at least badly enough that you have to stop doing other things in order to heal yourself?

How often are your group members dying because you can't heal them well enough?

Compare your answers to those two questions; and that will tell you whether you'll benefit most right now from defensive aa or healing aa.

Macnair

Server: Vazaelle (Maelin Starshine)

Shaman Main
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby Naluken » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:51 am

Oops, never mind, IMO maxing abundant healing isn't as important as the rest of the healing AA's, which you already have maxed, get some defense :D

Naluken

Shadowknight Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Cleric - Alt/Box

Postby Kianor » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:06 am

Abundant Healing isn't that great, a candy AA, whereas those defence AAs could save your life. I would get them first.

I'd also recommend keeping Combat Stability and Combat Agility lines roughly equal in terms of rank - they both decline in effectiveness as you go along so you get more return for AA spent at earlier ranks of both.
Kianor

Veteran -

Server: Antonius Bayle

Shaman Main

Postby Brohg » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:12 am

For raiding, hasten and quicken Call of the WIld, cap Radiant Cure. For grouping, Blood Tithe, Destructive Cascade. For everything, finish Virulent Paralysis, get Expansive Mind, Mental Clarity, defensives.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Zaral » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:23 am

Thanks for your suggestions. I dont raid with Zaral so I think Ill do some of the defense AAs 1st. The last weeks grouped alot in crystallos and I was busy with HoT, patchheals, cougar and slow. So I think I do the DPS stuff later.
What do you think about Ancestral Aid and Call of the Ancient. And do I miss any important totally?
Zaral

Server: Bristlebane

Necromancer Main
Shaman - Alt/Box

Postby Unmei » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:56 am

Ancestral Aid is...okay. However, taking it to level 3 so you can start buying Union of Spirits might be valuable. (UoS is a moderate sized instacast burst heal with several ticks of good sized, stacking HoT attached. A good last ditch save heal AA)

Call of the Ancients, however, is a GoD era ward - a concept that never really got the attention it deserved. It's basically garbage, at max rank, healing less per tick than a regen spell. Don't even bother.
Unmei

Veteran --

Server: 7th Hammer

Enchanter Main

Postby Brohg » Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:47 pm

If that's how you're playing, you should get the mana regen AAs first. Full ranks of Mental Clarity and Expansive Mind will be like wearing a whole extra Clairvoyance.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Return to Spells & Abilities