[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Fizzle rates? WTH?

Fizzle rates? WTH?

Spell, Spell Quest, Aura, Totem and AA discussion.

Moderator: Shaman Mods

Fizzle rates? WTH?

Postby Drazeena » Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:37 am

Hey all,

I am slowly levelling up and I am currently 74. Now, I have a conjuration skill at 226, so not that low...or so I thought!

I am trying to cast Juju, but last night was the absolute kicker for me... I tried to cast juju and managed to fizzle my way through my 14k+ of mana and not cast it once! THEN... canni, ooc regen to full, thought I would try Sting of the Queen, and the same thing happened!

WTH is going on?? Has anyone else found this as well?

What can i do to minimize the fizzle rate? Advice appreciated!

http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1395259
Can you smell the fear? Can you taste the fear? Can you feel the fear? If no, fear not for you soon will!!!!!
Drazeena

Shadowknight Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Re: Fizzle rates? WTH?

Postby Veril » Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:20 am

Just spend 1-2 hours casting summon food and water. The 71+ spells really need skills near max or you fizzle a lot.

The program that rangers used to used to autofire with is excellent for this.....
Veril

Veteran -

Server: Antonius Bayle

Shaman Main
Magician - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Unmei » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:28 pm

What are your casting skills at? I don't think they messed with the caps lately, but they did during TSS, which is the level range you're in currently. Have you been away from the game for a while?
Unmei

Veteran --

Server: 7th Hammer

Enchanter Main

Postby Mukkul » Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:08 pm

Yes, level 71+ spells require much higher casting skills than previous levels. They pushed skill caps way up on TSS release when the level cap went from 70 to 75. The skill window shows caps nowadays so you can see where you're lacking.
Mukkul

Server: Fennin Ro

Postby Granlu » Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:19 pm

You are not wrong about the fizzle rates. Since this expansion was released I don't even mem JuJu, Pocus or Rancor. Also Balance of Discord fizzles a lot and so does the AA slow. I do have all my fizzle AA's except any new ones they may have added with the new expansion. Hope this gets better cause it's a real problem right now.
Granlu

Server: Tunare

Postby Macnair » Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:41 pm

Macnair

Server: Vazaelle (Maelin Starshine)

Shaman Main
Necromancer - Alt/Box

Postby Layya » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:00 am

I have not either. Ive cast several hundred times and no fizzles so far.
Layya

Shaman Main

Postby Drazeena » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:44 am

Drazeena

Shadowknight Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:38 am

a broken link
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Unmei » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:06 pm

Unmei

Veteran --

Enchanter Main

Postby Bigcat Daddy-o » Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:35 pm

Thanks for posting that autofire thingy Brohg. I have a few issues with fizzles in certain schools (likley because of my occasional sabbaticals from EQ at inoportune times).

Any link to how it works, or is it 'fool proof' (keep in mind, wouldn't be the first time I had fooled a fool proof program!) :)

Peace
Ride free brother.
Bigcat Daddy-o

Server: Xegony

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Bigcat Daddy-o » Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:37 pm

ok. So I tried to dload that and got a spreadsheet of shaman dot damage, Brohg. Am I doing something wrong here?
Bigcat Daddy-o

Server: Xegony

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:01 pm

Whoops. I'll fix that...
Brohg

Veteran ----

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Tracor » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:40 pm

Bigcat,

Auto fire is pretty easy to use, but I will give you some tips.

Input = This is the keystroke you use to turn the program on and off. Think of it as a toggle switch. Use a key you normally won't use ingame for anything else. I use the * key myself

Output = This is the keystroke as it relates to your program. Meaning the (keystroke) that you would hit to do the task you want done in game. I would recommend you also set this to a key you would not normally use. I have mine set as F12 . Then you set F12 (for instance) as a secondary hotkey in your options > actions settings ingame.

So, if you are casting a spell from slot 1 on your primary hotkeys.... then set F12 as a secondary hotkey for slot 1.

Update delta = Time delay. This is the time delay between keystrokes being triggered.

Set or Toggle is the only other option. You want it to be on Toggle so you can turn it on and off with your input.

Hope this helps,

Tracor

Oh, one last thing, you have to have it up and running on your desktop. So just minimize it to your toolbar while you play.
Tracor

Postby Drazeena » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:12 am

Yes, thanks for the links! I managed to get my skill from 236 to 251in 3 hours using Autofire.... It may not seem like a great deal but instead of fizzling through my entire mana without a cast, I cast juju last night many times. I still had more fizzles than casts, but at least it fires once in the middle of every 2 or 4 fizzles.
Drazeena

Shadowknight Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Durdend » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:03 am

Lvl74 Oracle of the Frozen Nuts
EMarr
Durdend

Rogue Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Ranger - Alt/Box

Postby Unmei » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:27 am

Unmei

Veteran --

Enchanter Main

Postby Brohg » Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:43 pm

Bah, they disabled my direct linking. Fixing again...

Brohg

Veteran ----

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Return to Spells & Abilities