[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Sod Intervention spell broke?

Sod Intervention spell broke?

Spell, Spell Quest, Aura, Totem and AA discussion.

Moderator: Shaman Mods

Sod Intervention spell broke?

Postby Pugger » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:44 pm

Im not sure if I'm going crazy or if its actually broke. This isnt about the recast time, I understand how the spell works. This is about the amount of time it takes to save my groups butt's when I use it.

Ever since I started using the new SoD version of the spell ive been noticing that Im saving people much less then before. I havent suddenly lost a third of my reaction time or something so lately ive been paying more attention to it. It seems like from just paying attention each time I cast it during raids that theres a nice little delay between when you cast it and when the heal actually takes place. I lose so many group members who were at 10 to 20ish percent when the spell went off. A second or two later they will die, THEN the intervention will hit.

Occasionaly it seems to work as intended and get the intervention off immediately after cast but id say about half the time when I cast it theres some sort of delay. Ive gone back to the SoF intervention and its 100 percent immediately performed after the cast. I have rk2 of SoD intervention if that helps any. Just everyone keep their eyes open and see if they notice that the new one has a delay between when its cast and when it actually performs the intervention. They could be both working just fine and Im just going crazy. But I know ive seen lots of ppl who were completely still alive when the spell went off. Sometimes for a few seconds even. And I checked my range on them and I should have been well within range. Unless the SoD range of the spell is way less then SoF.
Pugger

Server: Saryn

Re: Sod Intervention spell broke?

Postby Funi » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:50 am

I've noticed a delay. I haven't had anyone die the way you've described so I just wrote it off and some sort of lag delay. I'm interested to see what others think...
Funi

Shaman Main

Postby riverwindd » Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:03 am

I have problem with Ancestral Intervention on my side.
First i find that it dont heal alot as suppose to on the incident i encounter. Secondly... the delay! yes the delay... i casted AI when groupmate is about 15% health, casted and i really see the buff timer run but no reaction.. lol and when groupmate died, the effect then come... a lot of time already.
riverwindd

Shaman Main
Druid - Alt/Box

Postby Veril » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:18 am

I've had the same delays on raids. I know my spell has completed, and the person has died, then the spell landed. Happened several times to me on raids, and it's very frustrating
Veril

Veteran -

Server: Antonius Bayle

Shaman Main
Magician - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Zama » Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:26 pm

same, takes about 1-1.5 seconds to land after your done casting.

Zama

Shaman Main

Postby Kakimor » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:46 pm

Out of curiousity can anyone tell me if Ancestral and Antecedents are on the same timer ? I'm assuming that they are but confirmation appreciated.
Kakimor

Berserker Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Paladin - Alt/Box

Postby Unmei » Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:25 pm

They are.
Unmei

Veteran --

Server: 7th Hammer

Enchanter Main

Return to Spells & Abilities