[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Alchemy AAs

Alchemy AAs

Spell, Spell Quest, Aura, Totem and AA discussion.

Moderator: Shaman Mods

Alchemy AAs

Postby Whitman » Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:44 am

Hey,

I would like to know if there is something I'm missing about Alchemy and AAs; I've leveled up my potion bot to 59, and now I plan to quickly get him the AAs that can help him make better potions faster and cheaper. Alchemy Mastery and Salvage are the AAs I've found that seem to make sense, but are there others I should look into? His stats are nearly all maxed at 255 (missing Int and CHA I think)- does higher WIS matter?

Thanks in advance.
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.
~Voltaire
Whitman

Ranger Main

Re: Alchemy AAs

Postby Veril » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:05 am

Alchemy Mastery and Salvage are pretty much all you need. Get the masters' trophy (from doing the trasdeskill quest in East Freeport) the +12% (and 15% when it levels to gm trophy) is necessary for current potions.
Veril

Veteran -

Server: Antonius Bayle

Shaman Main
Magician - Alt/Box
Monk - Alt/Box

Postby Kumudil » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:51 am

WIS does increase the likehood for skillups but doesn't have any influence to the likehood of fails.

has an skillup-calulator which gives you an estimate on howmany combines you need to do to max your skill. If you insert different wis-values you notice the estimate of combines needed changes quiet a bit. The formulae used there has always been very acurate, when doing a skillup-run often I did my shopping of ingrediends based on this estimates.

Sample: lets say you have a skill of 200 and do potions with a skill of 300 to skillup, with WIS 255 you will need roughtly 3500 combines, with wis 355 you are down to around 2500 combines to arrive at 300 skill. If you are low on pp and want to farm the stuff by your own, you may want do to the planar power AA and alsolo the wis/int increasing once (dont remember the name actually). Just some AAs more nowadays are maybe faster done than farming 1000 more ingredients of a kind.

If than after the aas gained, you proceed to lvl 61, you can get the best chanter buff, which on its own makes another 36 wis difference (tranquility lvl 63 wis + 26; Presidence RK II wis + 60) if you are below max by Items.

If you do a run for skillups, get a chanter to buff your wis as much as possible. Without any prove and very likely only my sentiments, I always felt the chanterbuff helped even when maxed out wis.
, ,
Kumudil

Shaman Main
Druid - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Whitman » Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:00 am

After fiddling with the amazingly illuminating tool on EQTraders, I just have to decide whether to level/AA my way to WIS 300+ or to just farm more lilies, so a big thank you to both of you for taking the time to explain this to a tradeskill newb.
Whitman

Ranger Main

Postby geizzly89 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:00 pm

I have a level 61 shaman and was wondering what level I need to be to max the
alchemy aa's? I jave a 300 skill with the 15% trophy and wanted to make some
ds pots for some friends. I have not played this toon in awhile and could get
some aa's pretty fast but not sure I want to take the time to get levels.

Thanks
geizzly89

Magician Main

Postby Brohg » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:20 pm

Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby geizzly89 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:10 pm

Ok now I am a little confused. When I open up my aa window it says that
for the first level of alchemy mastery the requirment is level 59. Am I
looking at this wrong or something? The level requirement usually goes
up for the other ranks in other aa lines. Further clarification would be
appreciated.

Thanks
geizzly89

Magician Main

Postby Huurgh » Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:09 am

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." Robert A. Heinlein
Huurgh

Magician Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Enchanter - Alt/Box

Postby Whitman » Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:27 am

I am almost 100% certain (am at work, so I can't check) that Alchemy Mastery becomes available at level 59, Salvage at 60 and Planar Power at 61.

Alchemy Mastery I-III reduces the chance of failing a combine by 10, 25 and 50%.

Salvage gives you a chance of recovering the ingredients on a failed combine. Alas, Salvage II only becomes available at 65, no idea about Salvage III :evil:

Planar Power (i.e. more WIS) increases the chance of a skillup.

Since you write you have Alchemy (300) already, I think all you need is Alchemy Mastery and Salvage.

Edited to add a painful realization about Salvage :cry:
Whitman

Ranger Main

Return to Spells & Abilities