[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Am I using the wrong dot?

Am I using the wrong dot?

Spell, Spell Quest, Aura, Totem and AA discussion.

Moderator: Shaman Mods

Am I using the wrong dot?

Postby Bigcat Daddy-o » Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:18 pm

I find I only have room for one dot in my standard spell line up, and am using Nectar of the slitherin.

My reasoning on this is
- I have high poison focus.
- Does higher dmg at the start of the dot, and my dots seldom run out before the mobs hps do.

But, after reviewing a recent discussion here, I am starting to question my decision on this.

What dot would you use if you only could load one, and why?
Ride free brother.
Bigcat Daddy-o

Server: Xegony

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Re: Am I using the wrong dot?

Postby Brohg » Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:42 pm

With room for just one damage spell (I assume you mean besides Bite), I load Spear.
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Bigcat Daddy-o » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:53 pm

I have spear loaded, like to keep one dot up too

so to clarify I have spear, bite and one dot
Bigcat Daddy-o

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Brohg » Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:23 am

Drop the spear and run two dots then. Bite, dot dot, Bite, canni something, Bite again done
Brohg

Veteran ----

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Shaman Main
Warrior - Alt/Box
Wizard - Alt/Box

Postby Bigcat Daddy-o » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:01 pm

aight.

And those two dots names would be?

And as a follow up question, if for some reason I only could cast one of them it's name would be?

I am in full group T5 visible, so have focuses accordingly.

Thanks!
Bigcat Daddy-o

Shaman Main
Shadowknight - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Unmei » Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:56 pm

Er, seems like the obvious choices are Slitheren and Mojo, assuming you have a decent magic focus too. None of your other DoTs really come close. Blood of Jaled'Dar is pretty crummy by comparison, being only as good as Pocus, really, in terms of damage/tick. Nectar of Rancor is closer, but still not as good as the other two.
Unmei

Veteran --

Server: 7th Hammer

Enchanter Main

Postby Survivar » Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:00 pm

I usually use Slitheran and Mojo. Nectars i usually use more tho since they have the higher resist check and dont get resisted as much. Resisted spells make me very very sad :(
Survivar

Shaman Main
Rogue - Alt/Box

Postby Dakota » Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:51 pm

It all depends on what focus effects you have and what you're trying to accomplish. If you just want to get raid trash dead that dies in 15 seconds, go for Bite and Spear. If you're fighting mobs that live for 45 seconds or a minute or so, Bite and your best DoT, be it Slitherin or Mojo depending on your focus effects.

For me personally, in order of how importance:
Nectar of the Slitherin
Nectar of Rancor
Mojo
Pocus
Blood of Jaled`Dar
Blood of Kerafyrm

While the two bloods on the bottom aren't as efficient as the TBS and PoR nectars, they do more raw DPS, so I go for them since if I have that many DoTs running I just want to get the mob dead fast. Sometimes I'll even add in the top two Disease DoTs, since I can drop them on, sit and replace them with the two bloods, then dump on all the rest, and the mob will be dead before the disease DoTs run out.
Dakota

Shaman Main
Monk - Alt/Box

Return to Spells & Abilities