[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4751: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4753: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3886)
The Spirit Realm • View topic - Stacking of Turgurs and Listlessness

Stacking of Turgurs and Listlessness

Spell, Spell Quest, Aura, Totem and AA discussion.

Moderator: Shaman Mods

Stacking of Turgurs and Listlessness

Postby norik » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:43 pm

I noticed in another thread () the other day info on Listlessness stacking with Turgurs Swarm, something i wasn't aware of, but I haven't seen mention of it anywhere else.

Has anyone done any longer duration parses, or have any more info on this?

TIA, D.
and
norik

Ranger Main
Shaman - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Re: Stacking of Turgurs and Listlessness

Postby Kumudil » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:51 pm

I belive the parse done doesn't show everything what might be the effect of stacking both.
Also I think longer parses on arena-mobs will not show big differences to what this short parses are telling.

What we know:
The normal slows counter Mobs selfbuffed haste and set it to 0. Ontop of that, depends on the mobs mitigation, it slows down the "natural" hitrate of the mob.

The slows of type "listlessness" have been coded much later. The Idea of this new kind of slow was, to cut off the part of the old slow, setting any selfbuffed haste to 0. The mitigation part is similar to the mitigation part of the "old" slows. So the idea was to cut down a percentage of the mobs undebuffed hitrate as a whole.

Somehow they work different in mechanic. The devs have been asked what the difference in mechanic is, but as far as I know we haven't been told.

Healing counterbias started as a listlessness-type of slow. Then it was revealed, that it did more, than what the devs wanted it to do. It was ste back in efficiency close to the listlessness-slow, finally it was set to be what it is now: the turgur-type slow.

The rest is guesswork:
On "normal" mobs stacking is not of big effekt. However under certain circumstances there must be some more unintented stuff behind. My guess, without any hard data to support, is that the listless kind of slow has the sideffect to unitentionally counter some special abilities of certain mobs. I have no idea what it might be.

My conclusion is, that often it will not be of big difference but the advantage that listless can proc on first hit and work as a preslow. There must be mobs, where the effect is notable more than that what one would expect just looking at the arena-parses. As we have no information of the kind of effect (or which mob-ability it might counter), I personally just play it the save way. Whenever there is a chance that mobs aren't far away, the tank has listlessness going.
, ,
Kumudil

Server: Antonius Bayle

Shaman Main
Druid - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Retron » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:54 am

Retron

Server: Antonius Bayle (ex-VS)

Shaman Main
Beastlord - Alt/Box

Postby Hollierth » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:23 am

Since we are discussing the stacking of slows, has anyone tossed a Grezan's in the mix?

I always try to cast listless on the tanking classes and slow HCB on incomming to be topped with a turgors if the fight is going to go beyond 2 minutes. I would be interested in knowing if drowze (which I keep memmed in case there is going to multiple mobs as a temp measure) will stack with the other 2(listless and HCB/Turgors). I know the icons stack, and I know that nothing in Lucy's seems to be conflicting.

I just don't have the rig to run parses and such AND still keep an acceptable framerate.
Hollierth

Shaman Main
Paladin - Alt/Box
Berserker - Alt/Box

Postby Kumudil » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:47 am

Grezan, turgur, counterbias are of same type, they won't stack, the best will be active.
Counterbias + turgurs are same quality and same slot, they will overwrite each other.
Greezan is in a different slot so it will stick, but nevertheless it will not add in any form.
Kumudil

Server: Antonius Bayle

Shaman Main
Druid - Alt/Box
Magician - Alt/Box

Postby Retron » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:27 pm

Retron

Server: Antonius Bayle (ex-VS)

Shaman Main
Beastlord - Alt/Box